Symbiosis International University (SIU) conducts the Symbiosis National Aptitude or SNAP test to shortlist candidates seeking admissions in PG-level management courses at its 16 affiliated institutes. SNAP 2020 is expected to be conducted in December 2020. Candidates who are interested to get admission in one of the Symbiosis institutes have to complete the online registration for SNAP 2020 which is anticipated to be started from August 2020.
SIU will host the SNAP 2020 test in online mode and the total duration of the exam would be 120 minutes. SNAP test is majorly segregated into three sections :
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
Candidates, who qualify as per the SNAP cutoff marks released by their preferred Symbiosis institutes, shall be invited for further selection rounds i.e. Group Exercise, Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test (GD-PIWAT). On the basis of overall performance of the candidates in all the admission rounds, the final merit lists are prepared by all the Symbiosis colleges individually.
Scroll through this article to learn all about SNAP 2020 including its eligibility criteria, participating institutes, test structure, syllabus, result, etc.
Table of Contents
- SNAP – Highlights
- SNAP – Important Dates
- SNAP – Admission Process
- SNAP – Eligibility Criteria
- SNAP – Mock Test
- SNAP Exam Centres 2020
- SNAP – Exam Pattern
- SNAP – Section-Wise Syllabus
- SNAP – Preparation Tips
- SNAP – Best Books to Prepare for SNAP
- SNAP – Answer Key
- SNAP – Selection Criteria
- SNAP – Cut Off
- SNAP – Reservation Policy
- SNAP – Placement Statistics
- SNAP 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- ✔️ What is the mode for conducting SNAP 2020?
- ✔️ How many times is the SNAP test conducted in one year?
- ✔️ In what mode will the SIU facilitate the registration process for SNAP 2020?
- ✔️ How many times can I appear for SNAP?
- ✔️ Do I need to pay a separate fee for all the institutes where I want my SNAP score to be considered?
- ✔️ When will the SIU conduct SNAP 2020?
- ✔️ What is the admission procedure followed after the release of the SNAP 2020 result?
SNAP – Highlights
- Symbiosis International University has the sole responsibility to conduct SNAP 2020.
- Candidates qualifying SNAP are eligible for the admission process at 16 institutes under the umbrella of SIU.
- SNAP 2020 will be conducted for admissions into the academic year of 2020-21.
- SIU also offers admission to international candidates. However, such candidates are not required to appear for SNAP.
- Along with the objective-type questions , SNAP test structure also includes five non-MCQs (also called as special questions) from Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency section.
- Candidates have to register for their preferred institute(s) & course(s) after completing their SNAP registration. The fee for institute registration is Rs 1000 (per institute & course), apart from the SNAP registration fee.
- SIU allows applicants to register for as many SNAP participating institutes as they want.
SNAP – Important Dates
Knowledge of the event calendar for SNAP is imperative as missing a deadline may lead to cancellation of candidature. Until the SIU releases the official notification for SNAP 2020, candidates may check the table below to know the expected dates as per the past year trends.
Event Calendar of SNAP 2020*
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Online registration for SNAP 2020||Third week of August 2020 – Last week of November 2020|
|Official SNAP mock test||Third week of October 2020|
|Issuance of SNAP admit card||First week of December 2020|
|Exam Date||Third week of December 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of January 2021|
*The table above comprises expected SNAP 2020 dates. These dates will be updated as soon as the exact schedule of SNAP 2020 releases.
SNAP – Admission Process
Candidates will have to qualify all the SNAP admission rounds to get the final admission in one of the colleges affiliated with SIU. The SNAP 2020 admission process follows the below-mentioned chronology –
#1 Register for SNAP
#2 Qualify SNAP 2020
#3 Check SNAP cut off at the respective institutes
#4 Appear for GE-PIWAT
#5 Check merit list
#6 Pay the admission fee for final admission
SNAP – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfil the eligibility conditions as stated by SIU on the official website. If found ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled during any of the later stages of the SNAP admission process. Thus, it is crucial to abide by the SNAP 2020 eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the course-wise eligibility criteria for SNAP 2020 below.
1. Educational Qualification – Candidates graduating from any recognised institute/university in any discipline are eligible. However, some Symbiosis institutes might ask for graduation in a specific discipline for admissions in a few of their courses.
2. Minimum Score – Unreserved category candidates must obtain at least 50% in the qualifying degree. SC and ST category candidates will have a relaxation of 5% in the minimum score.
3. Candidates qualifying from Foreign University – Eligibility of foreign candidates, PIOs, OCIs, and NRIs is subject to the certificate (equivalent to graduation) from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Candidates who are appearing for their final year graduation exam are also eligible to apply for SNAP. If such candidates pass through all the stages of SNAP successfully, they will be offered a provisional admission. Final admission will be granted after the candidate shows the proof of obtaining the minimum eligible percentage in their graduation degree.
Additional eligibility criteria for specific courses offered at SIU
Symbiosis institutes offer a wide variety of postgraduate management courses. While most of the courses hold a common SNAP eligibility criteria for admissions (as mentioned above), some of them have additional requirements. Check out the courses offered at different Symbiosis institutes that ask for special or additional eligibility criteria.
COURSE WISE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SNAP
|Course||Qualifying Degree||Additional Eligibility|
|MBA (Infrastructure Development and Management)||Graduation in Engineering stream/B.Arch./B.Plan||–|
|MBA (Business Analytics)||Graduation in any discipline||At least two years of full-time work experience|
|MBA (Energy and Environment)||Graduation in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/B.Sc (EVS)||–|
|MBA (Operations Management)||Graduation in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech)||–|
|MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)||Graduation in any discipline||Mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2|
|MBA (Quantitative Finance)||Graduation in any discipline||Mathematics/ Statistics as a compulsory subject in 10+2|
|MBA (Leadership and Strategy)||Graduation in any discipline||At least four years of full-time work experience after graduation as on May 31, 2021|
SNAP – How to Complete SNAP Registration?
SIU releases the SNAP registration form for all the candidates aspiring for admission at Symbiosis University. SNAP 2020 application form is only released in online mode on the official website of SNAP test (snaptest.org).
Steps to apply for SNAP 2020
- Visit the official website of SNAP test and click on the ‘register’ button
- Read all the instructions carefully and click the checkbox ‘I Agree’
- Enter your details including name, date of birth, mobile number and category
- Enter three preferences of SNAP test cities
- Upload photograph in the prescribed format
- You will receive an OTP for mobile number verification. Click on the ‘Submit’ button after entering the OTP
- A new page will appear with your unique SNAP ID mentioned on it
- Pay the requisite application fee for SNAP 2020 (Rs. 1,750)
- Pay the institute fees for all the chosen institutes
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and take a printout of the filled-in application form of SNAP 2020
What is the Registration Fee for SNAP 2020?
Apart from paying a registration fee for SNAP 2020, candidates have to pay a separate fee for the institute/s & course/s applied for. Both the registration fee and the institute fee must be paid before the official deadline dates.
Candidates must note that the registration fee and the institute fee will be paid separately.
Application Fee – Rs. 1,750
Institute Fee – Rs. 1,000 (for each programme in your preferred Symbiosis institutes)
Mode of Payment – Candidates can pay the application and institute fee in any of the following modes:
- Billdesk Payment Gateway
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Demand Draft
SNAP – Mock Test
Soon after filling the SNAP 2020 registration form, all the registered candidates will get an opportunity to take the mock test by visiting the official website of SNAP (snaptest.org) and entering their login credentials generated at the time of registration i.e., SNAP ID and password. Applicants can book their desired slot for taking the SNAP mock test. Mock test for SNAP 2020 will have all the features of the actual test i.e. exam pattern, duration, marking scheme, syllabus, etc.
SNAP – How to download SNAP Admit Card?
Candidates can download the SNAP 2020 admit card by visiting the official website. It is mandatory to carry the admit card for SNAP 2020 alongwith a valid photo ID card to the examination centre. In case a candidate is not able to produce the printed copy of the SNAP admit card, he/she will not be able to appear for the exam.
Candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below for downloading the SNAP 2020 admit card
- Visit the official login portal available at the official website (snaptest.org)
- Enter the login credentials i.e. SNAP ID and Password
- Click on the ‘Login’ button
- Download and take the printout of the SNAP 2020 admit card
- Paste your passport size photograph in the space provided on the SNAP admit card 2020
Candidates must note that an official invigilator will verify and authenticate the admit card on the SNAP 2020 exam day. This authenticated admit card is required for future admission processes. Thus, candidates must retain the authenticated admit card until the admission process gets over.
SNAP Exam Centres 2020
While completing the SNAP 2020 registration process, candidates have to enlist three preferences of SNAP test cities where they wish to take the test. SNAP 2020 will be conducted in almost 90 major cities around India. SIU will allot a test centre based on how soon the candidates pay their registration fee. Candidates paying earlier will have a higher chance of getting their first city preference allotted as SNAP test centre.
List of Exam Centres Available for SNAP 2020
|Delhi – Gurugram||Gwalior||Nagpur||Ahmedabad|
|Ernakulam – Kochi||Howrah||Noida – G Noida – Ghaziabad||Allahabad|
|Gandhinagar||Hyderabad||Panjim – Mapusa||Ambala|
|Gangtok – Bardang||Indore||Patiala||Amritsar|
|Vadodara||Kolhapur||Siliguri||Chandigarh – Mohali|
SNAP – Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for SNAP 2020 must have knowledge of the exam pattern released by SIU. The exam pattern for SNAP 2020 is as follows.
Exam Pattern for SNAP 2020
|Particulars||Details of SNAP 2020|
|Moe of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration of SNAP 2020||Two hours (120 minutes)|
|Types of questions||Objective type (MCQs) and Special Questions (Non-MCQs)|
|No. of sections||Three|
|Marking Scheme||Objective-type Questions – 1.5 and 1 marks
Special Questions – 2 marks
Negative marking – 25%
Section Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||34||51|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||36||54|
|Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Objective Type Questions – 35
Special Questions* – 5
*Candidates will be allotted a virtual keyboard to answer five special questions from the Quantitative Ability section, which are non-MCQs in nature.
SNAP – Section-Wise Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern, candidates must have the complete knowledge of the SNAP syllabus. The section-wise syllabus for SNAP 2020 is as follows.
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||
|Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||
SNAP – Preparation Tips
A good preparation strategy is key to qualifying the SNAP test with flying colours. Here are some of the preparation tips suggested by previous year’s SNAP toppers.
- Start studying way before the release of the exam notification
- Give plenty of time to each topic for a concrete preparation
- Organise yourself using the calendar and make a proper timetable for studying all the three sections of SNAP 2020
- Get help from the experts. Follow the tips suggested in the interviews conducted with the toppers on the internet
- Practice the previous years’ question paper and mock tests to get a better understanding of the SNAP exam pattern and syllabus
- Take utmost care of your physical and mental health while preparing for SNAP 2020
SNAP – Best Books to Prepare for SNAP
Candidates may find several books in the market for the preparation of any MBA entrance exam. However, the below-mentioned books are specifically designed for candidates appearing for SNAP.
- MAP the SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test by Arihant
- SNAP Simplified by Disha Publications
- SNAP Guide by Ramesh Publication House
SNAP – Answer Key
Candidates taking the SNAP 2020 will be able to check the answer key of the same by visiting the official website (snaptest.org). Candidates can evaluate their probable score using the SNAP answer key. The official answer key for SNAP 2020 will consist of all the correct answers of the questions asked in the online test.
SNAP 2020 – How to Check SNAP Result?
Symbiosis International University will release the result for SNAP 2020 in online mode. Candidates are required to visit the official website and login with the help of their SNAP ID and password (login credentials) to check the SNAP result. Candidates have to participate in the GE-PIWAT rounds after the declaration of the result for SNAP 2020.
The SNAP 2020 result is set to release in two phases – first is the result for the SNAP test and the second is the final result. The final result of SNAP 2020 consists of the cumulative score of the candidate in the SNAP test and GE-PIWAT.
SNAP 2020 – What is GE-PIWAT?
Candidates who qualify the SNAP test are called to appear in further selection rounds at the colleges of their preference. For the final admission, three different rounds are conducted after qualifying the SNAP.
GROUP EXERCISE (GE)
This particular round is conducted in two phases to shortlist the qualified candidates. Participants are divided into two groups and given a task such as solving a puzzle within a stipulated time. This round helps in checking the team coordination skills of candidates. The second phase includes a debate. Each group is given a topic for the debate.
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (PI)
In the personal interview round, candidates are asked several questions by a panel of interviewers. The panel checks the communication skills and the problem-solving skills of a candidate in this round.
WRITTEN ABILITY TEST (WAT)
In this round, candidates will be provided a topic for writing a short essay. Officials may also play a video or audio instead of directly giving a topic. This round helps in analysing the creativity and writing skills of the candidates.
As already discussed, the final admission is offered based on the merit list after the SNAP test and GE-PIWAT rounds. Merit list will be prepared by giving certain weightage to all the stages of the SNAP admission process.
Weightage for SNAP Merit List Preparation
|SNAP Score scaled down to 50 marks||50|
|Group Exercise (GE)||10|
|Personal Interaction (PI)||30|
|Writing Ability Test (WAT)||10|
SNAP – Cut Off
SNAP cut off is released separately by all the SNAP participating institutes after the SNAP test is conducted. Candidates who qualify the cut off of their preferred institutes are called to appear for further selection rounds. Candidates have to visit the websites of their registered Symbiosis institutes respectively to check the SNAP cut off. Once the candidates make place in the final SNAP merit list on the bases of their performances in the SNAP test and GE-PIWAT rounds, the candidates shortlisted in the waitlist are considered (if seats remain vacant).
Candidates must note that the admission in the participating institutes is confirmed only after the payment of admission fee within the stipulated time frame.
SNAP – Reservation Policy
Although the admission is granted on the basis of the SNAP selection process, as discussed above, a certain reservation policy prevails for reserved categories. Candidates can check the SNAP reservation criteria for different categories in the table below.
Reservation Policy for Admission Through SNAP
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Kashmiri Migrants (over and above intake)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidate (over and above intake)||15%|
1. 25% of seats in SIBM, Nagpur is reserved for candidates who hold the domicile of Nagpur only
2. Children/wards of Defence Personnel will have a reservation of 5% for admission in the following programmes only
- MBA (International Business) at SIIB, Pune
- MBA (Digital & Telecom Management) SITM, Pune
- MBA (Information Technology Business Management) at SCIT, Pune
- MBA (Information Technology) at SICSR, Pune
3. The common SNAP reservation policy will not be applicable on SIMS. The reservation policy of SIMS is mentioned in the table below.
RESERVATION POLICY FOR SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (SIMS)
|Open/ Industry category||10%|
SNAP – Placement Statistics
All the 16 institutes under the umbrella of Symbiosis International University conduct a programme to ensure phenomenal placements of their students. The recruitment programme is named as Campus Recruitment Programme (CRP). Have a glimpse of the placement trends at SIU in the last five years in the table below.
Highest and Average CTC at Symbiosis International University
|Year of Admission||Highest CTC||Average CTC|
|2017 – 18||Rs. 34.26 LPA||Rs. 20.14 LPA|
|2016 – 17||Rs. 29 LPA||Rs. 17.48|
|2015 – 16||Rs. 23.05 LPA||Rs. 16.23 LPA|
|2014 – 15||Rs. 24 LPA||Rs. 15.02 LPA|
|2013 – 14||Rs. 27 LPA||Rs. 14.23 LPA|
SNAP 2020 – Participating Institutes and Courses Offered
Symbiosis International University conducts SNAP for admissions into a total of its 16 affiliated institutes. Check the table below to know the institute-wise PG courses offered by SIU.
Symbiosis Institutes and Courses Offered through SNAP
|Name of Institute||Programs Offered||No. of Seats|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM-Pune)||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||180|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
MBA (Information Technology)
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||MBA||300|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||MBA (International Business)
MBA (Energy and Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||MBA (Telecom Management)||150|
|Symbiosis Center of Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)||MBA
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBFF)||MBA (Banking and Finance)||50|
|Symbiosis Center of Information Technology (SCIT)||MBA (Information Technology and Business Management)||180|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM)||MBA||180|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||MBA (Hospital and Healthcare Management)||90|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM)||MBA||180|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM, Nasik)||MBA (Operations Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune (SIMC)||MBA (Communication Management)||180|
|Symbiosis School of Media and Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC)||MBA (Communication Management)||80|
SNAP 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
✔️ What is the mode for conducting SNAP 2020?
Symbiosis International University will conduct the SNAP 2020 test in online mode only. Candidates must be familiar with the basic functioning of a computer in order to take the SNAP 2020 smoothly.
✔️ How many times is the SNAP test conducted in one year?
SIU conducts the SNAP exam once in a year. Candidates qualifying the SNAP 2020 can get admission in PG-level management programmes at one of their registered affiliated institutes of SIU.
✔️ In what mode will the SIU facilitate the registration process for SNAP 2020?
SNAP 2020 registration will be conducted in online mode only. Candidates will not have the facility to fill the application form for SNAP 2020 in offline mode.
✔️ How many times can I appear for SNAP?
SIU has set no limit on the number of times that a candidate can appear for SNAP. However, only the latest SNAP score (current year) will be considered for the purpose of admission.
✔️ Do I need to pay a separate fee for all the institutes where I want my SNAP score to be considered?
Yes, candidates need to pay Rs. 1,000 for each institute and course. This fee is to be paid separately after paying the SNAP registration fee of Rs. 1,750.
✔️ When will the SIU conduct SNAP 2020?
SIU usually conducts SNAP in the month of December. However, it can be expected that the SNAP admission process 2020 will get delayed due to the shift of the academic calendar caused by COVID-19 pandemic. We will be updating the exact SNAP 2020 exam dates on this page as soon as the official notification rolls out.
✔️ What is the admission procedure followed after the release of the SNAP 2020 result?
Candidates who qualify SNAP 2020 will participate in further admission rounds , i.e., Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interview (PI) and a Written Ability Test (WAT). SIU names the post result process as GE-PIWAT. Final admissions are based on the merit list prepared separately by all Symbiosis institutes after considering SNAP percentile score as well as GE-PIWAT performance of the candidates.