Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) hosts VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination) every year for the candidates seeking admissions in UG-level engineering programs across its four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Amravati and Bhopal. Initially, the last date to apply for the VITEEE 2022 was 30th April 2022. Later, the date was rescheduled to 30th May 2022 and finally till 15th June 2022 through offline and online modes.
Interested applicants should first confirm their eligibility for VITEEE 2022 before moving ahead with the application form submission. Candidates, who successfully submit their application form, can book the slot for the VITEEE exam to download their hall tickets till 24th June 2022. This year, the VITEEE question paper will have 125 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and candidates shall be allotted 150 minutes (2.5 hours) to solve as many questions as they can.
Scroll through this article to learn about the changes in VITEEE 2022 and know about its application form submission process, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc.
VITEEE Status and Updates
- VITEEE 2022 slot booking process has started at vit.ac.in.
- VITEEE 2022 exam will begin on 30th June 2022 and continue till 6th July 2022
Table of Contents
- VITEEE – Highlights
- VITEEE – Important Dates
- Courses For Admission Through VITEEE
- VITEEE Application – How To Fill & Submit The Form?
- VITEEE – How To Book Slots For VITEEE?
- VITEEE – How To Download Admit Card?
- VITEEE – What Is The Syllabus For VITEEE?
- VITEEE – Exam Pattern
- VITEEE Exam Centres
- VITEEE – How is the Counselling & Seat Allotment Conducted?
- VITEEE – Helpline Number
- VITEEE – FAQs
- ✔️ Who conducts the VITEEE?
- ✔️ What is the last date for filling the VITEEE application form 2022 ?
- ✔️ What is the mode for conducting VITEEE ?
- ✔️ When will the VITEEE 2022 exam be conducted?
- ✔️ What is the mode used for filling the VITEEE application form?
- ✔️ I have secured 62% overall in +2 examination, but 53.35% in PCM / PCB. In such case, am I eligible for admission?
- ✔️ I have qualified the JEE Main. Do I still have to appear for VITEEE 2022 for admission to VIT campuses?
- ✔️ I forgot to book the VITEEE slots. Am I ineligible to download the admit card ?
VITEEE – Highlights
- Vellore Institute of Technology has the authoritative rights to conduct VITEEE 2022.
- The VITEEE exam pattern has changed with a new addition of the Aptitude section in its question paper.
- Candidates qualifying for VITEEE can apply for admission to any of the four campuses of the Vellore Institute of Technology. However, their admission is subject to the VITEEE rank they obtain.
- VITEEE is conducted on multiple days and shifts. Candidates will have an opportunity to choose their preferred slot through VITEEE slot booking.
- Final admission is done after the candidates participate in the offline counselling process.
- Vellore Institute of Technology never encourages either any MANAGEMENT QUOTA or CAPITATION FEE. The admission process is strictly based on the VITEEE score and qualifying education (class 12) of the candidates.
VITEEE – Important Dates
The VITEEE exam dates 2022 have been announced. The exam will be held in 4 shifts in online mode from 30th June to 6th July 2022.
VITEEE 2022 Event Schedule*
|Release of VITEEE exam notification and information brochure||2nd December 2022|
|Release of online VITEEE application forms||2nd December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of the VITEEE application form||15th June 2022|
|Availability of VITEEE mock test||13th June 2022|
|Commencement of VITEEE slot booking||18th June 2022|
|Deadline for slot booking||24th June 2022|
|Availability of VITEEE admit cards||18th June 2022|
|VITEEE exam dates 2022||30th June to 6th July 2022|
|VITEEE result announcement date||8th July 2022|
|Commencement of Counselling||8th July 2022|
*The table above for the VITEEE 2022 schedule is tentative and can be changed as per the requisition of the exam conducting body.
Courses For Admission Through VITEEE
Vellore Institute of Technology offers various courses at its four different campuses. Candidates get admission into the following courses based on their score in VITEEE :
Bachelor of Technology Courses at VIT
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Information Security
- Computer Science and Engineering with Business systems(in collaboration with TCS)
- Electronics and Communication with a specialisation in Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Science
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in the Internet of Things
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Analytics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Networking & Security
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in AI and Machine Learning
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber Physical Systems
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Embedded Systems
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Gaming Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber security and Digital Forensics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in BlockChain Technology
- Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Robotics
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in VLSI
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Automation
- Production and Industrial Engineering
Bachelor of Design Courses at VIT
- Industrial Design
VITEEE – Who All Are Eligible To Take VITEEE?
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the Vellore Institute of Technology before filling out the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination application form. It must be noted that the conducting body holds the authority to reject the candidature of ineligible candidates at any stage of the admission process. The VITEEE 2022 eligibility criteria are as follows.
1. AGE CRITERIA –
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2000 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2022.
- Only the date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / Class 10 certificate will be considered authentic.
- At the time of counselling/admission, candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age. In case the candidate, fas to produce the required document, they will be considered disqualified.
2. NATIONALITY –
- Indian nationals as well as NRIs/PIOs/OCIs are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2022.
- Candidates with a foreign nationality are also eligible. However, foreign nationals will have to fill out a separate application form for VITEEE.
3. QUALIFYING EXAMINATION – Candidates qualifying for any of the following exams are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2022:
- Class 12th examination in 10+2 pattern of CBSE, ICSE, recognized state boards.
- NIOS candidates are also marked eligible if either of their 10th or 12th is completed through regular schooling. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
4. MINIMUM SCORE REQUIREMENT –
Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2022 should have secured a minimum aggregate of 55% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2022 must secure a minimum aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- SC/ ST students
- Students hailing from the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, and Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh
Note: Certificate to prove community/nativity should be produced at the time of counselling. If students fail to produce the document, they will not be considered for admission.
5. COMPULSORY SUBJECTS – Candidates must have passed the qualifying exams with the following subject groups:
- For all B.Tech courses – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12/ Higher Secondary Board
- For B.Tech Bio-Engineering and B.Tech Biotechnology – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- For B.Tech CSE (Bioinformatics) – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- For B.Tech EC (Biomedical Engineering) – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Note: Upon joining, the students need to mandatorily register for a bridge course in Mathematics
VITEEE Application – How To Fill & Submit The Form?
Vellore Institute of Technology releases the VITEEE application form in both online and offline mode. Candidates will only be able to fill out the application form until the last date. The application form deadline for admission in B.Tech courses of VIT was 15th June 2022. The detailed steps for filling out the application form are as follows:
Steps to Fill VITEEE Application Form Online
- Candidates need to visit the official VITEEE website and click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete the online registration.
- They will receive a password on their registered mobile no and email id.
- Once the password is received, they have to log in to ‘Registered users’ with their email id and password that they had received from the university on their registered mail id and phone number.
- After logging in, candidates will have to fill out the application form. The online registration will require the candidates to enter multiple basic details.
- Access the application form and fill in multiple details including address details, test centre preference and subject group preference.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1250 (inclusive of GST) in the prescribed mode of payment. General candidates can pay the VITEEE application fee via Net-banking/Credit/Debit card/Paytm. The NRI students will have to pay 50 USD online using a credit card.
- Now, candidates will have to upload the photograph and signature in JPEG/JPG format. The file size of the photograph and signature must not exceed 200 KB.
- Download the printed copy of the filled-in application form for future references
VITEEE Uploaded Document Format
|Document||Image Format||File Size||Image Size||Image Type|
|Photograph||JPG||10kb to 200kb||3.5 cm width x 4.5 cm height||Coloured|
|Signature||JPG||10kb to 200kb||3.5 cm width x 1.5 cm height||White Background|
Click to access the VITEEE information brochure
VITEEE – What Is The Application Fee?
Candidates will have to pay the application fee as per the mode of filling out the application form.
VITEEE 2022 Application Fee
|Mode of Application Form||Amount|
|Online Web browser||INR 1,250|
|For the Abroad test centre||Equivalent to USD 50 in INR|
Note: The application cost is non-refundable
How to Check the VITEEE Application Status?
After the submission of the application form, VIT University opens the window for students to check the VITEEE application status. The candidates can follow the below steps to check the status:
- Visit the official website of VIT University
- Go to the ‘VITEEE 2022 Application Status’ link
- Enter the application number and verification code displayed on the screen
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- The application status will be displayed on the screen
VITEEE – Application Form Correction
There can be instances when the applicants fill in incorrect information while filling out the application form. For situations like this, the Vellore Institute of Technology provides the facility of application form correction. This will be a one-time correction facility given to candidates. Even though the candidates are provided with the form correction opportunity, not all details can be modified. Thus, the candidates must be cautious while filling in their details and do a thorough check before submitting the application form.
VITEEE – How To Book Slots For VITEEE?
All the eligible applicants will be facilitated with a window to book the slots for VITEEE. Through the slot booking, candidates are provided with an opportunity to choose the best suitable slot for them to take the exam. VITEEE slot booking is important as the exam is held during multiple days and shifts.
Candidates will be able to access the OTBS (Online Test Booking System) window available on the official website (vit.ac.in) to book their desired slots for the exam. Candidates will have to choose multiple test-related preferences via the slot booking including test city, test subject, time slot, test centre and the subject group.
For the purpose of slot booking, candidates will require their application number and the password to enter the login dashboard. Candidates will then have to select the VITEEE slot in real-time as the OTBS window will automatically log out after 60 seconds of logging in.
VITEEE – How To Download Admit Card?
Candidates will be able to download the VITEEE admit card right after the completion of the slot booking process. A button stating ‘View my admit card’ will pop up after booking the VITEEE slot. However, it is not necessary to download the admit card right after the slot booking process. The candidates can also download the admit card afterwards using their login credentials.
Candidates will have to carry the printed copy of the VITEEE admit card on the examination day. No examinee will be allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she appears without the admit card. Test-takers will have to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the admit card. The identity of the candidate will be verified on the examination date.
VITEEE – What Is The Syllabus For VITEEE?
Candidates taking the VITEEE will have to prepare according to the syllabus as prescribed by the Vellore Institute of Technology. Preparing with the assistance of the VITEEE syllabus is enough for the examinees to qualify for the examination. The syllabus for all the sections including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English and Aptitude are mentioned below.
|Sections in VITEEE Question Paper||Topics|
Note: passages, lines of poems, dialogues, grammar and pronunciation items are chosen to suit the level of higher secondary or equivalent education
VITEEE – Exam Pattern
Along with the syllabus, candidates must know the exam pattern for VITEEE in order to get one step closer to qualifying for the exam. Knowing the exam pattern will make the aspirants familiar with the complete test structure.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of options||4|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Total Number of Questions||125|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response. No negative marking is applicable|
Section-wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
VITEEE Exam Centres
Candidates must choose their preferences of the exam cities while filling out the VITEEE application form. The table below mentions the exam centres available for India as well as abroad.
Test Cities available for VITEEE
VITEEE – Preparation Tips
Vellore Institute of Technology has been counted among the premier engineering institutions of India. Due to such a reputation, VITEEE witnesses a large number of applicants every year. Therefore, in order to qualify for the exam, candidates must devise the best preparation plan. While making a preparation plan, candidates must use the tips imparted by the past year’s toppers as mentioned below:
- Have complete know-how of the exam pattern and the syllabus for the current year.
- Make a study plan that includes some time for relaxation as well. Plan your studies as per the VITEEE syllabus.
- Practice the question papers of previous years. This will help in a better understanding of the exam pattern and important topics.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthily
- Make notes of all the topics while studying as per the syllabus
- Practice mock tests for the exam available online. This will help the aspirants increase the accuracy of solving the online exam within a specified duration.
How To Check The VITEEE Result?
Vellore Institute of Technology releases the VITEEE result online on its official website. On the event of the VITEEE result announcement, candidates will receive their VITEEE rank through an SMS on their registered mobile numbers. Soon after the release of the result, the Vellore Institute of Technology releases a merit list. The merit list consists of the names of shortlisted candidates for the counselling process.
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the examination in multiple slots. In order to evaluate all the test takers equally, VIT uses the equi-percentile equating methodology to allot the ranks to the candidates.
Vellore Institute of Technology does not release the cut-off for admission. However, for the purpose of calling the candidate for the counselling process, the following trends have been noticed in the past couple of years. The candidates having a rank up to 2000 are called for the first round of counselling, whereas, other qualifiers are only eligible for the second round of counselling.
Expected Range of VITEEE 2022 Cutoff
|Marks obtained in VITEEE 2022||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|113 — 117||251||500|
|90 — 113||501||2,500|
|81 — 90||2,501||5,000|
|72 — 81||5,001||6,500|
|60 — 72||6,501||8,500|
|43 — 60||8,501||11,000|
|31 — 43||14,001||20,000|
|Less than 31||20,001||Last rank|
VITEEE – How is the Counselling & Seat Allotment Conducted?
Based on the ranks of the candidate, the Vellore Institute of Technology calls the candidates for the offline counselling process. The candidates participating in the VITEEE counselling must pay INR 10,000 as the counselling participation fee. The counselling participation fee is non-refundable in nature but it is adjusted in the college tuition fee during admission. The counselling for VIT admission requires the candidates to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Counselling Registration and Fee Payment – By visiting the offline counselling venue as stated on the official website.
2. Document Verification – Candidates will be required to get the following documents verified:
- Photocopy of the provisional admission letter
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Class 10th certificate
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST category)
- Nativity Certificate
- Four recent passport-size photographs
- Admit card
- Physical Fitness Certificate
3. Allotment of Seats – Done based on the preferences selected during counselling registration, rank in VITEEE, reservation criteria, number of seats, etc.
4. Payment of Admission Fee – Candidates will have to pay the admission fee in the form of a Demand Draft after the allotment has been made.
VITEEE 2022 Scholarships
Candidates will be eligible for the scholarships at Vellore Institute of Technology on the basis of their rank. The scholarship criteria for VITEEE 2022 are as follows:
Scholarships Based on VITEEE Ranks
|Performance in VITEEE||Scholarship|
|Rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|Rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|Rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
VIT Campuses Accepting VITEEE Rank
All the campuses of the Vellore Institute of Technology will accept the VITEEE ranks for admission. Candidates will have to choose the desired campus during the counselling registration. Allotment of campus and course will be done on the basis of multiple factors. VIT has four different campuses as mentioned below:
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Amravati (AP)
VITEEE – Helpline Number
For any queries regarding the examination, students can contact the authorities via the following methods:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline: 0416 220 2020
VITEEE – FAQs
✔️ Who conducts the VITEEE?
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the VITEEE for admission into various specializations of B.Tech and B.Des courses offered across its Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati campuses.
✔️ What is the last date for filling the VITEEE application form 2022 ?
The last date for the receipt of the application form was 15th June 2022.
✔️ What is the mode for conducting VITEEE ?
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the VITEEE through a computer-based mode. Candidates must choose the correct option for the question on the computer screen at a VITEEE test centre.
✔️ When will the VITEEE 2022 exam be conducted?
Vellore Institute of Technology decided to hold the examination from 30th June to 6th July 2022.
✔️ What is the mode used for filling the VITEEE application form?
Vellore Institute of Technology accepts the online modes for filling the application form. Candidates who wish to fill out the application form in an online mode can visit the official website (vit.ac.in).
✔️ I have secured 62% overall in +2 examination, but 53.35% in PCM / PCB. In such case, am I eligible for admission?
No. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria of obtaining a minimum aggregate of 55% in PCM /PCB for the B.Tech. Programme.
✔️ I have qualified the JEE Main. Do I still have to appear for VITEEE 2022 for admission to VIT campuses?
Yes. Vellore Institute accepts only the VITEEE ranks for facilitating admission to its campuses. Candidates without a VITEEE rank shall not be allowed the participation in the admission process of Vellore Institute of Technology.
✔️ I forgot to book the VITEEE slots. Am I ineligible to download the admit card ?
No. In case the candidates forget to book the slots, VIT will book the slots for them randomly. However, the slot booked by the Institute may not be the desired one.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on VITEEE 2022.