Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) hosts VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination) every year for the candidates seeking admissions in UG-level engineering programs across its four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Amravati and Bhopal. VIT has decided to cancel the VITEEE in the wake of increasing cases due to COVID-19 pandemic. VITEEE 2020 was previously scheduled to be conducted from July 29 to August 2, 2020. Admission to b.tech aspirants will now be granted through the marks obtained in 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam.
The application form window of VITEEE has been open from September 27, 2019, through offline and online modes. Interested applicants should first confirm their eligibility for VITEEE 2020 before moving ahead with the application form submission. Candidates, who successfully submit their application form, can book the slot for VITEEE exam to download their hall tickets. This year, the VITEEE question paper will have 125 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and candidates shall be allotted 150 minutes (2.5 hours) to solve as many questions as they can.
Scroll through this article to learn about the changes in VITEEE 2020, and know about its application form submission process, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc.
- Vellore Institute of Technology has finally announced the deadline for the VIT B.Tech admissions 2020 application. Candidates can fill the application forms till 31st July 2020 by visiting the official website of VIT. It is crucial to know that the VITEEE 2020 has been cancelled and the admissions will now be granted to the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 or equivalent.
- Vellore Institute of Technology has released the result of VITEEE 2020 on their official website. Since, the entrance exam was cancelled, the governing body of the exam has released a rank list for the candidates according to their marks in 10+2 or equivalent (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). Eligible candidates must check their results at the official website- vit.ac.in.
VITEEE – Highlights
- Vellore Institute of Technology has the authoritative rights to conduct VITEEE 2020.
- The VITEEE exam pattern has changed with a new addition of Aptitude section in its question paper.
- Candidates qualifying VITEEE can apply for admission in any of the four campuses of Vellore Institute of Technology. However, their admission is subject to the VITEEE rank they obtain.
- VITEEE is conducted on multiple days and shifts. Candidates will have an opportunity to choose their preferred slot through VITEEE slot booking.
- Final admission is done after the candidates participate in the offline counselling process.
- Vellore Institute of Technology never encourages either any MANAGEMENT QUOTA or CAPITATION FEE. The admission process is strictly based on VITEEE score and qualifying education (class 12) of the candidates.
VITEEE – Important Dates
Due to the global pandemic and the countrywide shutdown, the Vellore Institute of Technology has decided to cancel the VITEEE 2020. The admissions will now be granted on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam.
VITEEE 2020 Event Schedule*
|Release of exam notification and information brochure||September 27, 2019|
|Start of VITEEE online application form||September 27, 2019|
|Sale of the offline application form at VIT campuses and post offices||November 8, 2019|
|Last date for the submission of application form||July 31, 2020|
|Start of the slot booking process||–|
|Issuance of VITEEE 2020 admit card||–|
|VITEEE 2020 exam date||Exam Cancelled|
|Declaration of VITEEE result||August 6, 2020|
|Counselling process||New date to be announced soon|
|Commencement of classes||New date to be announced soon|
*The table above for the VITEEE 2020 schedule will be updated as soon as further official notifications rolls out
VITEEE – What Are The Changes In VITEEE 2020 From The Last Year?
Vellore Institute of Technology has brought some major changes to the exam pattern and application fee of VITEEE 2020. Check out the same below:
- The application fee for online as well as the offline mode has been increased to Rs. 1,150 and Rs. 1,250, respectively.
- VIT has revised the exam pattern for VITEEE 2020 by adding a new section, i.e. Aptitude
- Physics and Chemistry sections of VITEEE question paper will have 35 questions (each section), which was 40 earlier.
VITEEE – Courses For Admission Through VITEEE
Vellore Institute of Technology offers various courses at its four different campuses. Candidates get admission into following courses based on their score in VITEEE :
Bachelor of Technology Courses at VIT
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Information Security
- Computer Science and Engineering with Business systems(in collaboration with TCS)
- Electronics and Communication with a specialisation in Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Science
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in the Internet of Things
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Analytics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Networking & Security
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in AI and Machine Learning
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber Physical Systems
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Embedded Systems
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Gaming Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber security and Digital Forensics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in BlockChain Technology
- Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Robotics
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in VLSI
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Automation
- Production and Industrial Engineering
Bachelor of Design Courses at VIT
- Industrial Design
VITEEE – Who All Are Eligible To Take VITEEE ?
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by Vellore Institute of Technology before filling the application form for VIT Engineering Entrance Examination. It must be noted that the conducting body holds the authority to reject the candidature of ineligible candidates at any stage of the admission process. The VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria are as follows.
1. AGE CRITERIA – Candidates, who have born on or after July 1, 1998, are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020.
2. NATIONALITY – Indian nationals as well as NRIs/PIOs/OCIs are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020. Candidates with a foreign nationality are also eligible. However, foreign nationals will have to fill a separate application form for VITEEE.
3. QUALIFYING EXAMINATION – Candidates qualifying any of the following exams are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020:
- Class 12th examination in 10+2 pattern of CBSE, ICSE, recognized state boards. NIOS candidates are also marked eligible if either of their 10th or 12th is completed through regular schooling.
- Two-year pre-university examination or Intermediate exam from a recognized Board/University
- International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva or High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
- GCE exam at A level
4. MINIMUM SCORE REQUIREMENT – General category candidates having a minimum aggregate of 60% in the compulsory subject group are eligible. Minimum marks requirement for candidates hailing from reserved categories is 50%.
5. COMPULSORY SUBJECTS – Candidates must have passed the qualifying exams with the following subject groups:
- For all B.Tech courses – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- For B.Tech Bio-engineering and B.Tech Biotechnology – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- For B.Tech CSE (Bioinformatics) – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- For B.Tech EC (Biomedical Engineering) – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
How To Fill & Submit The VITEEE Application Form?
Vellore Institute of Technology releases the application form for VITEEE in an online as well as offline mode. Candidates will only be able to fill the application form until the last date. The application form deadline for admission in B.Tech courses of VIT is 31st July 2020 . The detailed steps for filling the application form are as follows:
Steps to Fill VITEEE Application Form Online
- Candidates need to visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete the online registration. Online registration will require the candidates to enter multiple basic details.
- After completion of registration, candidates will receive the login credentials over their registered email ID.
- Use the login credentials to enter the dashboard.
- Access the application form and fill multiple details including address details, test centre preference and subject group preference.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,150 in the prescribed mode of payment. (Convenience fee will be applicable depending upon the mode of payment)
- Upload the photograph and signature in JPEG/JPG format. File size of the photograph and signature must not exceed 200 KB.
- Download the printed copy of the filled-in application form for future references
Click here to start filling your VITEEE application form.
Steps to Fill VITEEE Application Form Offline (OMR form)
Candidates can obtain the OMR form by visiting the VIT University campuses and designated post offices available across India.
Post offices for obtaining VITEEE OMR Application Form
|Name of the Post Office||Tracking Pincode|
|Anna Nagar (Chennai)||600040|
|Anna Road (Chennai)||600002|
Candidates will have to follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the VITEEE application form filling and submission through offline mode:
- Pay the application fee and obtain the application form from the post office or the university campus.
- Candidates will have to fill certain circles in the OMR application form for VITEEE 2020
- The test centre and other details to be filled in the application form will have codes associated with the same.
- Candidates will have to mark the circle depicting the code of the detail.
- Affix a photograph after filling the application form and send the same to the below-mentioned address:
Click here to access the VITEEE information brochure and check appendix I, II and III to know specific code associated with the details.
VITEEE – What Is The Application Fee For VITEEE ?
Candidates will have to pay the application fee as per the mode of filling the application form. The table below depicts the fees to be paid on the basis of mode of application form chosen by the candidate.
VITEEE 2020 Application Fee
|Mode of Application Form||Amount|
VITEEE – Status of Offline Application Form
After the submission of the VITEEE application form, candidates will receive an SMS stating that the application form submitted by them has been received by Vellore Institute of Technology. Also, candidates will be able to track the status of the VITEEE application form by visiting the official website (vit.ac.in). Candidates will have to enter their application form number and check whether the university has received the application form or not. However, the candidates will be able to use the feature of checking the offline application form status only after three weeks of the dispatch of the OMR application form.
Click here to check the status of your VITEEE application form.
VITEEE – Application Form Correction
There can be instances when the applicants make mistakes while filling the application form. For such cases, Vellore Institute of Technology provides the facility of application form correction. Candidates will be able to make changes in the application form within a specified timeline. Even though the candidates are provided the form correction opportunity, not all details can be modified. Thus, the candidates must be cautious while filling in their details and do a thorough check before submitting the application form.
VITEEE – How To Book Slots For VITEEE ?
All the eligible applicants will be facilitated with a window to book the slots for VITEEE. Through the VITEEE slot booking, candidates are provided with an opportunity to choose the best suitable slot for them to take the VITEEE exam. VITEEE slot booking is important as the exam is held during multiple days and shifts.
Candidates will be able to access the OTBS (Online Test Booking System) window available on the official website (vit.ac.in) to book their desired slots for VITEEE 2020. Candidates will have to choose multiple test-related preferences via the slot booking including test city, test subject, time slot, test centre and the subject group (BPCEA or MPCEA).
For the purpose of slot booking for VITEEE, candidates will require their application number and the password to enter the login dashboard. Candidates will then have to select the VITEEE slot in real-time as the OTBS window will automatically log out after 60 seconds of logging in.
VITEEE – How To Download VITEEE Admit Card?
Candidates will be able to download the VITEEE admit card right after the completion of the slot booking process. A button stating ‘View my admit card’ will pop up after booking the VITEEE slot. However, it is not necessary to download the admit card right after the slot booking process. The candidates can also download the VITEEE admit card afterwards using their login credentials.
Candidates will have to carry the printed copy of the VITEEE admit card on the examination day. No examinee will be allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she appears without the admit card. Test-takers will have to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the VITEEE admit card. Identity of the candidate will be verified on the examination date.
VITEEE – What Is The Syllabus For VITEEE?
Candidates taking the VITEEE will have to prepare according to the syllabus as prescribed by the Vellore Institute of Technology. Preparing with the assistance of the VITEEE syllabus is enough for the examinees to qualify the examination. The VITEEE syllabus for all the sections including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English and Aptitude are mentioned below.
|Sections in VITEEE Question Paper||Topics|
VITEEE – What is the Revised Exam Pattern of VITEEE ?
Along with the syllabus, candidates must know the exam pattern for VITEEE in order to get one step closer to qualifying the exam. Knowing the exam pattern will make the aspirants familiar with the complete test structure.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of options||4|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Total Number of Questions||125|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response. No negative marking is applicable|
Section-wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
VITEEE Exam Centres
Candidates must choose their preferences of the exam cities while filling the VITEEE application form. The table below mentions the exam centres available for VITEEE in India as well as abroad.
Test Cities available for VITEEE
VITEEE – Preparation Tips
Vellore Institute of Technology has been counted amongst the premier engineering institutions of India. Due to such a reputation, VITEEE witnesses a large number of applicants every year. Therefore, in order to qualify the exam, candidates must devise the best preparation plan. While making a preparation plan, candidates must use the tips imparted by the past year’s toppers as mentioned below:
- Have a complete know-how of the exam pattern and the syllabus for VITEEE 2020.
- Make a study plan that includes some time for relaxation as well. Plan your studies as per the VITEEE syllabus.
- Practice the question papers of previous years. This will help in a better understanding of the exam pattern and important topics.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthily
- Make notes of all the topics while studying as per the VITEEE syllabus
- Practice mock tests for VITEEE, available online. This will help the aspirants increase accuracy of solving the online exam within a specified duration.
VITEEE – How To Check The VITEEE Result?
Vellore Institute of Technology releases the VITEEE result online on its official website. On the event of the VITEEE result announcement, candidates will receive their VITEEE rank through an SMS on their registered mobile numbers. Soon after the release of the VITEEE result, Vellore Institute of Technology releases a merit list. The merit list consists of names of shortlisted candidates for the counselling process.
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts VITEEE 2020 in multiple slots. In order to evaluate all the test takers equally, VIT uses the equi-percentile equating methodology to allot the ranks to the candidates.
Vellore Institute of Technology does not release the cut off for admission. However, for the purpose of calling the candidate for the counselling process, the following trends have been noticed in the past couple of years. The candidates having a rank up to 2000 are called for the first round of counselling, whereas, other qualifiers are only eligible for the second round counselling.
VITEEE Cut off for Counselling
|Counselling Rounds||VITEEE cut off rank|
|First Round||1 – 2000|
|Second Round||2001 – 99999|
Note – The test-takers having a VITEEE rank between 100,000 – 150,000 are eligible for admission at Bhopal campus only.
VITEEE – How is the Counselling & Seat Allotment conducted?
Based on the ranks of the candidate in VITEEE, Vellore Institute of Technology calls the candidates for the offline counselling process. The candidates participating in the VITEEE counselling must pay Rs. 10,000 as the counselling participation fee. The counselling participation fee is non-refundable in nature but it is adjusted in college tuition fee during admission. The counselling for VIT admission require the candidates to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Counselling Registration and Fee Payment – By visiting the offline counselling venue as stated over the official website.
2. Document Verification – Candidates will be required to get the following documents verified:
- Photocopy of the provisional admission letter
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Class 10th certificate
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST category)
- Nativity Certificate
- Four recent passport size photographs
- Admit card for VITEEE 2020
- Physical Fitness Certificate
3. Allotment of Seats – Done based on the preferences selected during counselling registration, rank in VITEEE, reservation criteria, number of seats, etc.
4. Payment of Admission Fee – Candidates will have to pay the admission fee in the form of a Demand Draft after the allotment has been made.
VITEEE 2020 Scholarships
Candidates will be eligible for the scholarships in Vellore Institute of Technology on the basis of their rank. The scholarship criteria for VITEEE 2020 is as follows:
Scholarships Based on VITEEE Ranks
|Performance in VITEEE||Scholarship|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
VIT Campuses Accepting VITEEE Rank
All the campuses of Vellore Institute of Technology will accept the VITEEE ranks for admission. Candidates will have to choose the desired campus during the counselling registration. Allotment of campus and course will be done on the basis of multiple factors. VIT has four different campuses as mentioned below:
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Amravati (AP)
VITEEE – FAQs
✔️ Who conducts the VITEEE?
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the VITEEE for admission into various specializations of B.Tech and B.Des courses offered across its Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati campuses.
✔️ What is the last date for filling the VITEEE 2020 application form?
Earlier, VIT notified February 29 as the last date for the receipt of the VITEEE 2020 application form. However, due to a change in the exam dates, VIT had to extend the deadline for the application form submission as well. Extended date for filling the VITEEE application form is 31st July 2020.
✔️ What is the mode for conducting VITEEE ?<br />
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the VITEEE through a computer-based mode. Candidates must choose the correct option for the question on the computer screen at a VITEEE test centre.
✔️ When will the VITEEE 2020 exam be conducted?
Vellore Institute of Technology decided to cancel the VITEEE 2020. The admissions to B.Tech aspirants will now be granted through the marks secured in 10+2 or equivalent.
✔️ What is the mode used for filling the VITEEE application form?
Vellore Institute of Technology accepts the online as well as offline modes for filling the application form. Candidates who wish to fill the application form in an online mode can visit the official website (vit.ac.in). The offline application form can be obtained from VIT campuses or designated post offices across the country.
✔️ I have filled the application form for VITEEE in an online mode. Do I need to send the printed copy at the Institute campus?
No. The candidates filling the VITEEE application form in an online mode are not required to send the print out of the same. The online application form gets submitted right after clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
✔️ I have qualified the JEE Main. Do I still have to appear for VITEEE 2020 for admission to VIT campuses?
Yes. Vellore Institute accepts only the VITEEE ranks for facilitating admission to its campuses. Candidates without a VITEEE rank shall not be allowed for the participation in the admission process of Vellore Institute of Technology.
✔️ I forgot to book the VITEEE slots. Am I ineligible to download the VITEEE admit card ?
No. In case the candidates forget to book the VITEEE slots, VIT will book the slots for them randomly. However, the slot booked by the Institute may not be the desired one.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on VITEEE 2020.