The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) is constituted to conduct entrance tests for various undergraduate programmes in the state of Karnataka. COMEDK 2020 entrance exam has been again rescheduled by the authority due to massive number of requests from the applicants in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. The date for COMEDK 2020 examination was previously scheduled for August 1, 2020. COMEDK 2020 will now be held on 19th August 2020. All class 12 passed or appearing candidates can apply for this entrance examination on the official website i.e. comedk.org.
The B.E and B.Tech admissions are done through Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) while admission to B.Arch courses are done through online counselling only. The COMEDK 2020 will be an online computer-based entrance test, conducted at various centres across Karnataka. To know each and every detail on COMEDK 2020, go through this article below.
Important Update – The Admit cards for the COMEDK UGET 2020 and Uni-Gauge-E will be available for download from at least a week prior to the exam date. Candidates who have succesfully applied for the exam will be able to download the admit cards in the online mode by entering the login credentials. It is also crucial to know that COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge-E will be conducted as a single exam for the year 2020. The exam is rescheduled again with regards to the safety of the applicants in wake of the Covid 19 pandemic. COMEDK UGET 2020 will now be held on 19th August 2020.
Important Highlights that might affect the schedule
- The nationwide outbreak of COVID-19 has affected the examination schedule of COMEDK UGET 2020.
- As of now, the application submission dates as well as the exam date has been revised by the authority.
- The last date of application form submission was May 30, 2020 earlier, which has now been extended to June 17.
- COMEDK UGET 2020 has again been rescheduled by the governing body of the exam, till further notice. The entrance exam will now be conducted on 19th of August 2020.
- The apex body will have to abide by the guidelines of the government to combat COVID-19. Hence, aspirants must be ready for further amendments in the deadlines of COMEDK 2020 events (if any).
COMEDK – Event Schedule
|Release of COMEDK UGET notification||November 22, 2019|
|Commencement of COMEDK application form||January 16, 2020|
|Release of COMEDK Mock Test over official website||February 5, 2020|
|Extended date to apply for COMEDK UGET||June 17, 2020|
|Commencement of application form correction||June 22, 2020 (12 PM)|
|Last date for COMEDK form correction||June 25, 2020 (12 PM)|
|Issuance of COMEDK Test admission ticket (hall ticket)||To be notified|
|Last date to download hall ticket||To be notified|
|Exam Date for COMEDK 2020||August 19, 2020|
|Release of COMEDK answer key||To be notified|
|Last date for submitting challenges||To be notified|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified|
|Release of UGET result||To be notified|
|Commencement of counselling||To be notified|
COMEDK – Courses Offered
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka conducts the COMEDK UGET to offer admission in a number of courses. Candidates can check the list of branches offered under B.E. by the constituent colleges of COMEDK.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automation and Robotics Engineering
- Automobiles Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Ceramic and Cement Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Construction Tech and Management
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Industrial Engineering and Production
- Information Science
- Information Technology and Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology also known as Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Mining Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Textile Engineering
COMEDK – Eligibility Criteria
There is a set of eligibility norms for candidates applying for COMEDK 2020. Candidates need to fulfill the course-wise eligibility norms to move ahead with the admission process. Given below are the eligibility criteria for COMEDK 2020.
UG ENGINEERING COURSES
- English should be a compulsory subject at 10+2 level.
- Candidates must have scored at least 45% in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer.
- For SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state, the minimum aggregate marks needed are 40%.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 at the time of counselling and admission.
UG ARCHITECTURE COURSES
- At the time of admission and counselling, a candidate must be 10+2 passed.
- A candidate must have secured 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
OR, candidates should have passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least overall 50% marks (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka)
It is mandatory to qualify NATA 2020 or JEE Main 2020 (Paper 2) for B.Arch admission through COMEDK 2020.
COMEDK – Registration
Once a candidate is sure that he/she is eligible to take the COMEDK 2020, he/she needs to register for COMEDK UGET 2020. Candidates will have to go through certain steps in order to register successfully. Go through the below steps to register for COMEDK 2020.
- Go to the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org.
- On the homepage, click on the registration link.
- Enter general details like name of aspirant, email, phone number, date of birth.
- Also, an ID proof number has to be provided such as Aadhar card, Driving License or PAN card.
- Fill the CAPTCHA code and click on the ‘Generate OTP’ button
Click here to start registration for COMEDK UGET 2020.
COMEDK – Process to Apply
Once a candidate has successfully registered, he/she needs to fill the COMEDK application form. The application form is also available on the official website only. Steps to fill and complete the online application form are given below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website which is comedk.org.
- Step 2: Click on the link to apply for COMEDK 2020.
- Step 3: Go through the instructions given on the screen.
- Step 4: Login using the auto-generated application sequence number/ user ID and password.
- Step 5: Complete the application process by filling in every detail required.
- Step 6: Now, upload the documents i.e. photograph and signature.
- Step 7: Lastly, pay the application fee and submit the application form.
- Step 8: Take a print of the application form for reference.
Click here to start filling the COMEDK UGET Application Form 2020.
COMEDK – Application Fee
The application fee for COMEDK UGET 2020 is Rs.1600 plus applicable convenience charges levied by the respective banks. This application fee is to be paid using online mode such as Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
COMEDK UG Application Fee
|Type of Transaction||Convenience Charges/Fee|
|Payment using Credit Card/Debit Cards||Convenience fee shall be between 1.05% and 1.15% of transaction amount (depending on the card) + GST on convenience charge as applicable|
|Payment using Net Banking||Convenience fee shall be between Rs 18 and Rs 23 (may vary from bank to bank) + GST on convenience charge as applicable|
COMEDK – Form Correction
The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka facilitates the candidates with an application form correction window via the official website. Candidates who have made mistakes while filling the application form can rectify the same using this opportunity. However, candidates must not rely over the COMEDK application form correction window solely as only the specific fields can be rectified via online correction window. Candidates can use the application form window for making changes in the following areas:
- Uploaded images
- Academic details
COMEDK – Exam Pattern
To start preparing for any examination, candidates must know the pattern of the same. COMEDK UGET 2020 is an online computer-based examination conducted annually. All the details regarding the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET are provided in the tables below. Candidates are advised to go through the same to strategize their preparation accordingly.
Exam Pattern for COMEDK UG 2020
|Mode of examination||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Language of examination||English|
|Type of question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total duration||180 Minutes (3 hours)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every correct response; there is no negative marking.|
Subject wise details:
|Subject||Total number of Questions|
COMEDK – Syllabus
The COMEDK 2020 UGET is an entrance level exam for 12th passed or appearing candidates. Therefore, the syllabus for the exam is designed as per the NCERT text books of class 11th and 12th. The subject-wise syllabus of COMEDK UGET 2020 is given below:
- Electrostatics: Electric Charges and Fields,
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Thermal and Chemical Effects
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation,
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Solid State
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear chemistry
- Matrices and determinants
- Relations and Functions
- Applications of Derivatives
- Applications of the Integrals
COMEDK – Mock Test
- In order to make the candidates familiar with the pattern of computer-based tests, the authority provides mock test series for them.
- These mock tests for COMEDK UGET 2020 will be made available online on the official website only.
- There are as many as six mock tests available for candidates to practice exactly in sync with the COMEDK UGET exam pattern.
- Therefore, it is advised to candidates that they must take these mock tests (to be made available on the official website).
Click here to access COMEDK 2020 mock test series to ensure foolproof preparation of the exam.
COMEDK – Admit Card
- The admit card for COMEDK UGET 2020 is also known as the Test Admission Ticket (TAT). It was previously scheduled to be released on the 20th of June 2020 but COMEDK has recently postponed the date. New date of release of the admit cards will soon be notified on the official website of ‘COMEDK”.
- The hall ticket of COMEDK will be made available online on the official website of COMEDK. Candidates will have to download this admit card using their login credentials. Further, it must be kept in mind that under any circumstances, candidates will not get the COMEDK 2020 admit card offline through post.
- It is important for every candidate to carry a hardcopy of this admit card while heading towards the examination center.
- There are many important details on the admit card that must be verified before downloading it and taking its hard copy.
- In case of any discrepancy in the COMEDK 2020 hall ticket, the same must be conveyed to the authority before the commencement of examination.
COMEDK – Test Centers
The test centers designated to conduct the COMEDK UGET 2020 exam are listed below. Candidates need to fill some choices of test centers as per their preference in the application form. From the list of centers given below, candidates must mark their preferences.
COMEDK UGET 2020 Test Cities
|Exam City||Exam City||Exam City|
|Bhilai And Durg||Kollam||Aligarh|
COMEDK – Answer Key
- The examination conducting body will release a provisional and then a final answer key after the COMEDK 2020 examination is conducted.
- The answer key helps the candidates estimate their COMEDK UGET score prior to the official result declaration.
- The provisional answer key for COMEDK will be released on the official website after a few days of the examination. If a candidate has a firm belief about discrepancy in any of the answers provided in this provisional answer key released, he/she can challenge the same.
- Once all the challenges are made, the authority will go through them. In case the challenges are found legitimate, the answer key will be corrected and published again as the final answer key for COMEDK 2020.
COMEDK – Result
- Once the final answer key for COMEDK 2020 has been published online, the result will be declared on the official website.
- The COMEDK result will be as per the score obtained by a candidate in the examination.
- In order to check the result, candidates will have to visit the official website and login with the help of the credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Every candidate will also get a separate rank card online to download.
- Once the result for COMEDK 2020 is released, candidates who qualify will be selected and called for the further admission process of the state.
COMEDK – Merit List
After the declaration of result, the authority will generate a merit list as per the score obtained by the candidates. The merit list will be published online on the official website. Candidates will have to search their roll number and name in the list generated by the authority. As per the rank of candidates in the merit list, they will be called for the counselling round for admission to various colleges participating in the COMEDK 2020.
TIE-BREAKING CRITERIA: If in case two or more candidates have the same score in COMEDK 2020, the tie will be resolved as per the process given below.
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in a) Physics, b) Mathematics and c) Chemistry, followed by
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Chemistry in COMEDK UGET 2020, followed by
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test, followed by
- Age of the Candidate – The older candidate will be preferred over the younger one
COMEDK – Counselling
- Once the result and merit list for COMEDK 2020 are out, a centralised counselling process will be conducted by the authority.
- Only those candidates who have their name and roll number in the merit list can participate in the single-window counseling process.
- Also, candidates must carry the documents required to be verified at the counselling process.
- If a candidate is willing to take admission in the B.Arch courses, he/she will have to qualify NATA or JEE Main (Paper 2). However, the B.Arch applicants will have to fill the application form for COMEDK 2020 and apply for the counselling process. Only then will they get a seat in the state colleges of Karnataka.
COMEDK – Participating Institutes
Candidates will be eligible for admission in the constituent colleges of COMEDK only. Member institutes (also known as participating institutes) participate in the COMEDK counselling process to offer admission to the candidates who qualify UGET 2020. Candidates can check some of the member institutes of COMEDK 2020 here:
- Alliance College of Engineering and Design, Alliance University
- Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Smt.Kamala and Sri Venkappa M.Agadi College of Engineering andTechnology
- Rao Bahadur Y.Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College
- KLE Dr. M S Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology
- J.S.S. Mahavidyapeetha JSS Science and Technology University
- Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management
- BLDEA’s V.P.Dr.P.G.Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology
- Alva’s Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Appa Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Technology
- East Point College of Engineering and Technology
- G.S.S.S. Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women
- KLS’s. Vishwanathrao Deshpande Institute of Technology
- Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering
COMEDK – FAQs
Q. COMEDK UGET 2020 exam will be in which language?
Ans: Candidates will be asked questions in English language only. No other medium is available other than English for COMEDK 2020 UGET.
Q. What will happen in case there is some problem with the computer during the COMEDK UGET examination?
Ans: There will be extra systems available at the examination centre to resolve such troubles. The time lost in change of system will be compensated by the authority as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
Q. Can I upload a black and white photograph in the COMEDK UGET registration form?
Ans: No, candidates will have to upload a color photograph. Photographs to be uploaded must not be older than three months of the upload date.
Q. Will I get a refund for the amount that I deposit to challenge an answer in the answer key of COMEDK UGET 2020?
Ans: Candidates will be entitled for a refund only if the objections raised by them are found genuine by the committee. The refund will be issued after the conclusion of COMEDK 2020 process.
Q. Will I get the hardcopy of the question booklet after the COMEDK UGET examination?
Ans: The questions in the COMEDK 2020 will appear on the computer screen along with the answer options. Candidates will not get any question booklet.
Q. Can only the students from the state of Karnataka apply for COMEDK?
Ans: No, candidates from all the states of India are eligible to apply for admission through COMEDK examination in the state colleges of Karnataka.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest news and updates on COMEDK Application Form 2020.