Symbiosis International University conducts Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP for the candidates seeking admission in PG-level management programs, offered at its 16 affiliated institutes. SIU will release the SNAP syllabus 2020 along with the information bulletin on its official website – snaptest.org. Candidates must frame their study plan in accordance with the SNAP syllabus and test structure to score well in the SNAP test and get admission in their preferred Symbiosis institute. .
SNAP syllabus will comprise three sections which have a further division of topics. The sections of SNAP syllabus are broadly categorized as:
- General English
- Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency (QA, DI – DS)
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning (A – LR)
In 2019, SIU removed the General Awareness/Current Affairs section from the SNAP syllabus and pattern. Find the section-wise elaboration of SNAP syllabus 2020 in the article below.
SNAP Syllabus – Key Highlights
- SIU designs the SNAP syllabus for all the three sections as per the official test structure
- The QA, DI – DS section comprises of ‘special Non-MCQ type’ questions for which candidates do not get any choices
- The QA, DI-DS section comprises 40 questions in the SNAP test. On the other hand, the number of questions asked in ‘General English’ and ‘Analytical & Logical Reasoning’ are 34 and 36 respectively.
SNAP Syllabus – Section-Wise Topics
As already discussed, candidates will have to prepare for a total of three sections. SNAP syllabus 2020 for all the sections will have certain topics and candidates must have a decent hold on all the topics as per the SNAP syllabus to move closer to success in the test. Knowing the test structure and syllabus for SNAP will also help the candidates in evaluating their strengths and weaknesses before attempting the actual exam.
Read More :- SNAP Exam Dates – Schedule, Important Deadlines, Event Highlights
SNAP Syllabus – General English
Candidates have to answer a total of 34 questions from the General English section of SNAP. All the questions are objective-type with a score weightage of 1.5 marks for each question. General English section has the least number of questions that hold 51 marks out of a total of 150 marks. Candidates can find the topic-wise SNAP syllabus 2020 for General English below:
SNAP Syllabus 2020 for General English
|6||Fill in the blanks|
SNAP Syllabus – Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency
This section is unique as compared to the other sections of SNAP 2020. Candidates have to answer a total of 35 MCQs framed as per the SNAP syllabus 2020. Also, this section has five ‘special’ questions. The QA, DI-DS section has the maximum number of questions yet minimum weightage of marks.
SNAP Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
|1||Interpretation and Analysis of Data|
|4||Graphs (line, area)|
|5||Charts (column, bar, pie)|
|12||Coding and Decoding|
|18||Linear and Matrix Arrangements|
SNAP Syllabus – Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Candidates will have to answer a total of 36 questions from the Analytical and Logical Reasoning section of SNAP 2020. All the questions in this section will fetch 1.5 marks each. Candidates preparing for the Analytical and Logical Reasoning section must study as per the SNAP syllabus 2020 prescribed by SIU.
SNAP Syllabus 2020 for Analytical and Logical Reasoning
|8||Time and work|
|9||LCM and HCF|
|12||Profit and Loss|
|13||Quadratic and linear equations|
SNAP Exam Pattern
A complete know-how of SNAP exam pattern will help the candidates decide on which sections and topics to give most importance to, depending on the sectional weightage. The most important points related to SNAP exam pattern 2020 are as follows:
- SNAP 2020 will be a computer-based test
- Candidates will be allotted 120 minutes to complete the test
- SNAP test comprises Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). However, the QA, DI-DS section will contain 5 Non-MCQs too.
- Each question will have 4 responses to choose from (except special questions)
- Maximum marks one can score in SNAP test are 150
- There is a negative marking of -25% for every wrong answer
Section-wise Number of Questions with Score Weightage
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks per Correct Answer||Total Marks||Marks Weightage(%)|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||36||1.5||54||36%|
|Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40 (35 Normal Questions + 5 Special Questions*)||1 for Normal and 2 for Special Answer||45||30%|
Note – SIU introduced the concept of ‘special questions’ in SNAP 2018. These questions are Non-MCQs and candidates are given access to a virtual keyboard to answer these questions.
Tips to Prepare for SNAP 2020
- The first step to SNAP preparation is gaining complete knowledge of the SNAP syllabus 2020 and test structure
- Keep a check on the calendar to know the actual days left to prepare for the exam. Then, assign adequate time for each and every topic as per the SNAP syllabus 2020
- Apart from studying, you must keep some time for a recreational activity of your choice which helps in rejuvenating your mind
- Watch the interview of previous year’s SNAP toppers and prepare a strategy synced with their guidance and certain tips and tricks used by them
- Practise the previous years’ question papers and mock tests. This will help the candidates in understanding the SNAP question paper structure practically
- Follow a healthy lifestyle to stay calm and focused
- Make sure to prepare all the topics in each section as even one mark may help you get a remarkable competitive edge over your counterparts in the test
SNAP Syllabus – FAQs
✔️ How many sections do I have to prepare for SNAP 2020?
Candidates will have to prepare for a total of three sections - General English, Analytical & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency.
✔️ Will every section of SNAP have an equal weightage of marks in the question paper?
No. All the three sections in SNAP will have a different weightage of marks as well as questions. The sectional weightage of questions and marks in SNAP test is as follows:
Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency - 40 Questions/45 Marks
General English - 34 Questions/51 Marks
Analytical & Logical Reasoning - 36 Question/54 Marks
✔️ In what mode the SIU will conduct the SNAP 2020?
Symbiosis International University will conduct the SNAP 2020 in online mode only. All the questions (except the five special questions in QA, DI-DS) will be objective type. The special questions are Non-MCQs that need to be answered with the help of a virtual keyboard.
✔️ Is there any sectional time limit in the SNAP exam?
No. There is no time limit for any of the three sections in the SNAP test. Candidates must divide the time duration for all the three sections judicially in order to answer all the questions before the exam duration ends. The total duration of the SNAP test is 120 minutes.
✔️ Will there be any changes in SNAP syllabus 2020?
SIU is yet to release the SNAP syllabus 2020. The SNAP syllabus might not be changed for the upcoming admission cycle as the SIU has already made some revisions in the SNAP test structure in the last admission session.