New Delhi, October 12, 2023 – Mera Yuva Bharat – The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of a new government platform ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ or MY Bharat, a platform aimed at developing leadership skills among youth to make them social innovators and leaders in the communities.
This is an autonomous body. It will act as an overarching enabling mechanism powered by technology for youth development and youth-led development. Youth in the age group of 15 to 29 years shall be able to avail the benefits of the platform.
This initiative aims to ensure that all the young individuals have equal opportunities to fulfil their aspirations and contribute to the realisation of Viksit Bharat, a developed India, the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Thakur informed the reporters on October 11, 2023.
The Union Minister emphasised the significance of India’s youthful population, which comprises a staggering 40 crore individuals in the age bracket of 15-29 years.
He underscored the importance of youth to the nation’s strength. To harness their vast potential for nation-building, the platform will provide equitable access to youth.
This will help them realise their aspirations. The body will be dedicated to the nation on October 31, the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Mera Yuva Bharat – Highlights
- Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) is driven by the core mission of transforming into a comprehensive government-backed platform dedicated to youth development.
- It is an innovative approach to facilitate seamless access to valuable resources and vital connections to a plethora of opportunities and thus empowering the youth to assume leadership roles as the community change agents and nation-builders.
- MY Bharat platform will channelise the boundless energy of the youth towards the noble cause of nation-building, effectively allowing them to act as the Yuva Setu between the government and the citizens.
- Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) is designed to cater to the needs of young individuals aged 15-29 years, as per the definition of ‘Youth’ outlined in the National Youth Policy. In case of programme components specifically meant for the adolescents, the beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- The establishment of Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) platform aims to accomplish the following:
Youth Leadership Development:
- Fostering leadership skills through experiential learning, shifting from isolated physical interactions to structured, skill-based programs.
- Increasing investments in youth to nurture them as social innovators and community leaders.
- Redirecting the government’s focus towards youth-led development, transforming the youth into active drivers of progress rather than passive recipients.
- Aligning youth aspirations with the needs of the community.
- Facilitating a streamlined approach by converging existing programs.
- Serving as a one-stop destination for young people and the Ministries.
- Creating a centralised youth database for effective tracking and management.
- Enhancing two-way communication to bridge the gap between youth, government initiatives, and other stakeholders engaged with the youth.
- Ensuring accessibility through the establishment of a physical ecosystem that supports youth development.
Mera Yuva Bharat – Need
- Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) seeks to harness the immense potential of the youth for nation-building, especially as India approaches its 75th year of independence. It aims to embark on a paradigm shift in the developmental journey over the next 25 years of building an Amrit Bharat by 2047.
- This vision requires a unified framework to bring together rural and urban youth, considering the evolving socio-economic landscape.
- To effectively engage with today’s fast-paced, tech-savvy youth, a contemporary, technology-driven platform is necessary.
- MY Bharat aims to provide a platform to connect youth with programs and community activities. Additionally, it will establish a ‘phygital’ ecosystem, bridging the digital and physical worlds to empower youth as the catalysts for community change.
- This platform will enhance the Department of Youth Affairs’ outreach efforts and serve as a vital resource for India’s youth.
The web portal of the Department of Youth Affairs, yuva.gov.in, recently hosted a nation-wide program called “Meri Maati Mera Desh”. It was a tremendously successful initiative. 50 million young people participated and helped to plant 23 million saplings to create Amrit Vatikas pan-India.
Mera Yuva Bharat is going to experience a similar outcome that would help to create and sustain such a phygital eco-system that connects millions of young people in a network seamlessly.
To stay informed about education-related updates, please follow Buddy4Study
Mera Yuva Bharat – FAQs
Q. What is ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat) platform?
Ans: ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat) is an autonomous body approved by the Union Cabinet recently. It is a new government platform that is aimed at developing leadership skills among youth to make them social innovators and leaders in the communities. It will serve as a comprehensive technology-driven platform to facilitate youth-led progress.
Q. Why was MY Bharat established?
Ans: MY Bharat was established to harness the potential of India’s vast youthful population, focusing on urban and rural areas, for nation-building.
Q. What is the target age-group for the MY Bharat platform?
Ans: Youth in the age group of 15 to 29 years shall be able to avail the benefits of the MY Bharat platform. In case of programme components specifically meant for the adolescents, the beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
Q. How will MY Bharat empower the youth?
Ans: MY Bharat aims to empower youth by providing seamless access to resources, opportunities, and skills. The platform will facilitate promotion of leadership development, social innovation, and community involvement, and making the youth active drivers of development.
Q. When will the MY Bharat portal be launched?
Ans: The Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) platform will be launched on 31st October, 2023 on National Unity Day, the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Q. What is the ultimate goal of MY Bharat portal?
Ans: The ultimate goal of MY Bharat portal is to create a unified framework that bridges the gap between rural and urban youth using technology. It endeavours to connect young individuals with opportunities and community activities on a common platform. It aims to empower youth as catalysts for positive change and enhance the outreach efforts of the Department of Youth Affairs.