Symbiosis International University will release the SNAP result 2020 on 22nd January 2021. Candidates have to login to the official website i.e., snaptest.org with their login credentials (SNAP ID and password) to download the SNAP scorecard. Qualifying candidates, as per the SNAP 2020 result, will be shortlisted for the GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and Writing Ability Test) by the institutes they prefer while filling the SNAP application.
The final merit list for the admission of candidates in SIU is prepared based on their score in SNAP test and performance in GE-PIWAT. Read this article for complete information on SNAP result 2020 including the process to check the result, details furnished on the scorecard, admission process after the release of result, and more.
Table of Contents
- SNAP Result – Important Dates
- SNAP Result – Details Furnished on SNAP Scorecard
- SNAP Result – Guidelines to Download SNAP Scorecard
- SNAP Result – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- ✔️ In what mode will the SNAP result 2020 be released?
- ✔️ Can I apply for revaluation of my score in SNAP 2020?
- ✔️ Can I take admission into Symbiosis International University on the basis of CAT score?
- ✔️ What if I did not register for the institute after the SNAP registration completion. Will I be considered for further selection rounds?
- ✔️ How is the SNAP merit list prepared?
SNAP Result – Important Dates
Candidates need to be aware of the important dates related to SNAP result in order to participate in the selection process after SNAP result declaration.
Event Schedule for SNAP Result 2020*
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|SNAP 2020 exam date||30th December 2020, 6th January 2021,9th January 2021|
|Declaration of result||22nd January 2021|
|Release of shortlisted candidates for GE-PIWAT||Not announced yet|
|GE-PIWAT||Second week of February 2021|
|Release of final merit list||Last week of February 2021|
How to Check SNAP Result 2020?
Symbiosis International University releases the SNAP result in online mode. Test takers who are aware of the stepwise process to check the result beforehand will be able to do so later with immense ease. The procedure to check the SNAP result 2020 is as follows:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of SNAP test 2020, i.e. snaptest.org
Step 2 – Click on the relevant link to check the SNAP result/scorecard
Step 3 – A login window, as shown in the image below, appears on the screen. Enter the login credentials including your SNAP ID and password
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Login’ button
Step 5 – Candidates will be able to view their SNAP scorecard on the appearing window. Check the section-wise scores and details furnished on the same before downloading
It is advisable for all the candidates to take at least 2-3 printouts of the SNAP scorecard as it will be required for future references in the admission process.
SNAP Result – Details Furnished on SNAP Scorecard
Candidates will find multiple details mentioned on their SNAP scorecard.
The details mentioned on the SNAP 2020 scorecard are:
- Exam name
- SNAP ID
- Name of the candidate
- Admission category
- Overall percentile
- Section-wise maximum obtainable marks
- Section-wise secured marks
- Total marks obtained
- Photo of the candidate, as uploaded in the registration form
SNAP Result – Guidelines to Download SNAP Scorecard
The SNAP scorecard released in the login dashboard will be the final scorecard. Candidates need to download and use the same for further references. Here are some guidelines candidates must comply with to download SNAP scorecards without any hassle.
- Keep the print orientation as ‘portrait’; otherwise the scorecard will not give a perfect view
- Margin size of top and bottom must be ‘0’
- Size of the paper mustn’t be less than A4
- SNAP scorecard is to be printed without any header
- Switch off the pop-up blocker in the browser settings to view the SNAP scorecard
- Use the latest version of browser
- Use laptop/desktop to download the SNAP scorecard as tablets/smartphones may lead to inconvenience while printing
SNAP Result – How to Recover Login Credentials?
There can be instances when a candidate may forget his/her login password to check the SNAP result. The SNAP ID can be found by checking the confirmation email received by the candidate after SNAP registration. If you still are not able to find your SNAP ID and password, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1 – Visit the SNAP login dashboard at snaptest.org
Step 2 – Click on the option ‘Forgot Password?’
Step 3 – A new window will appear on the screen.
Step 4 – Enter your name, email ID and date of birth in the specified space
Step 5 – Click on the ‘Submit’ button to receive the password over your registered email ID
How is SNAP Result Compiled?
The SNAP result includes three major components – SNAP score, SNAP percentile and SNAP merit list. SNAP SCORE –
- SNAP score is calculated as per the predetermined marking scheme with the help of the official answer key
- 25% of the total marks per question will be deducted for an incorrect response
- SNAP score is evaluated out of a total of 150 marks
- SIU will use the following formula derived from marking scheme to calculate the SNAP score:
SNAP Score for Quant. Section = (Number of correct normal responses x 1) – (Number of incorrect normal responses x 0.25) + (Number of correct special responses x 2) – (Number of incorrect special responses x 0.5)
Note – The five special non-MCQs in Quant section carry the weightage of 2 marks each question.
SNAP Score for remaining sections = (Number of correct responses x 1.5) – (Number of incorrect responses x 0.375)
Total SNAP Score (out of 150) = SNAP Score in Quant. section + SNAP Score in remaining sections
SNAP PERCENTILE –
- Based on the total score of the candidate in SNAP, SIU calculates an overall percentile which is displayed on the SNAP scorecard
- Shortlisting of candidates for GE-PIWAT is done on the basis of SNAP percentile only
- A candidate obtaining 90 percentile shows that he/she has performed better than 90% of the candidates whereas 10% of the total test takers have a better score than the candidate with a 90 percentile
SNAP MERIT LIST –
- Candidates who qualify the SNAP test are called for the GE-PIWAT rounds in their preferred institutes based on the institute-wise SNAP cut off 2020
- After a candidate qualifies GE-PIWAT, a merit list is prepared for selecting the candidates for final admission
- Merit list is prepared by evaluating the candidate’s score in SNAP test, and performances in Group Exercise, Personal Interaction (PI), and Written Ability Test (WAT)
Weightage for Merit List Preparation
|SNAP Score (out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks)||50|
|Group Exercise (GE)||10|
|Personal Interaction (PI)||30|
|Writing Ability Test (WAT)||10|
SNAP Cut off 2019
As already discussed, the test takers will be called for GE-PIWAT based on their percentile score in SNAP 2020. Shortlisting of candidates for GE-PIWAT is done on the basis of cut off prepared by each institute. Cut off for SNAP 2020 is yet to be released. Candidates can check the last year’s cut off from the table below to get an idea of the shortlisting criteria.
SNAP 2019 Cut Off
|Name of the institute||Cut off Percentile|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||98|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune||82|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune||97.13|
|Symbiosis Institute Of International Business, Pune||93.2|
|Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Pune||83|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune||76|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune||72|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik||87.05|
|Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology, Pune||75|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune||60|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru||90|
|Symbiosis School of Media and Communication, Bengaluru||72|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune||65|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad||60|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Science, Pune||55|
SNAP Result – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
✔️ In what mode will the SNAP result 2020 be released?
Symbiosis International University will release the SNAP result in online mode on its official website i.e., snaptest.org. No other mode is made available for the release of the result.
✔️ Can I apply for revaluation of my score in SNAP 2020?
No. SIU does not provide any provision for the revaluation or rechecking of SNAP results.
✔️ Can I take admission into Symbiosis International University on the basis of CAT score?
No. Candidates have to appear for SNAP 2020 for admission at any of the Symbiosis institutes. A total of 16 institutes are affiliated to SIU that offer admission on the basis of SNAP 2020.
✔️ What if I did not register for the institute after the SNAP registration completion. Will I be considered for further selection rounds?
No. Candidates are required to register for all the institutes they wish to send their SNAP score reports to. A candidate is not considered for GE-PIWAT if he/she has not registered for institutes.
✔️ How is the SNAP merit list prepared?
After the SNAP test and further rounds i.e. GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and Writing Ability Test), the SNAP affiliated institutions prepare their individual final admission merit list on the basis of overall performance of the candidates in all the stages. The weightage given to each SNAP admission round is:
SNAP Test - 50%
Personal Interview - 30%
Group Discussion - 10%
Writing Ability Test - 10%