Vellore Institute of Technology released the VITEEE application form 2020 on September 27, 2019. While the application form submission deadline was previously not notified by the governing body of the exam, VIT has now confirmed that the application deadline for the VITEEE 2020 is 31st July 2020. The application deadline was previously scheduled for 22nd March but due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, VIT applications were resumed till further notice. It is crucial to know that the VITEEE 2020 has been cancelled by the governing body in wake of the increasing cases due to Covid 19 Pandemic. The admissions to the eligible candidates will now be granted on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 or equivalent (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). The JEE Main 2020 score will also be considered for admissions (if applicable).
Candidates interested in appearing for VITEEE are supposed to fill the application form for the same before the deadline. The VITEEE application form 2020 is available both in an online as well as offline mode. Before filling up the application form of VITEEE 2020, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria in order to avoid rejection of their candidature at any later stage of the admission process. While applying for VITEEE 2020, candidates will have to follow multiple steps including registration, filling details in the VITEEE application form, payment of application fees and uploading of images.
Those aspiring for admission in the VIT University can check the complete procedure to fill and submit VITEEE application form 2020 in this article.
Important Update- Vellore Institute of Technology notifies that the VITEEE 2020 application form deadline is 31st July 2020.
VITEEE Application Form – Important Dates
Vellore Institute of Technology will release the VITEEE application form 2020 for a specific period only. Candidates must know the schedule of VITEEE application form submission, as missing the deadline may lead to missing the chance of admission through VITEEE.
Important Dates for VITEEE Application Form 2020
|Release of online application form
|September 27, 2019
|Release of application form for NRI and foreign nationals
|October 17, 2019
|Release of offline application form
|November 8, 2019
|Last date to edit and submit the application form
|July 31, 2020
|Exam date for VITEEE 2020
VITEEE Application Form – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions defined by the VIT University for taking the VITEEE 2020. Ineligible candidates will face the rejection of candidature in the later stages of the examination process. Thus, it is necessary that candidates satisfy the below-mentioned eligibility conditions before filling the VITEEE application form.
1. Age requirements – Candidates born on or after July 1, 1998, will be eligible as per the age requirements set for taking VITEEE 2020.
2. Nationality – Residents of India along with NRI (Non Resident Indian)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin)/OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) card holders are eligible for filling the VITEEE application form.
3. Qualifying exam – Candidates qualifying the 10+2 level examination or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to sit for VITEEE 2020.
4. Compulsory subjects – Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th. Those aspiring for B.Tech in Bio stream must have studied Biology instead of Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
5. Score in the qualifying examination – Candidates must secure an aggregate of 60% in the compulsory subjects (50% for reserved categories).
Reserved Categories in VITEEE 2020
Candidates falling under the below-listed categories will be considered to get entitled for the reserved category benefits in VITEEE 2020.
1. Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes
2. Natives of Jammu & Kashmir and North-Eastern states
Candidates need to submit their reserved category certificates at the time of VITEEE counselling to claim the benefits for reserved categories.
Prerequisites for Online Submission of VITEEE Application Form 2020
Candidates must keep the following documents/details ready with themselves while filling up the VITEEE application form 2020 through online mode:
- Scanned image of photograph and signature
- Bank account details to pay the online application fee
- Mark sheets of class 10th and 12th
- Personal email ID and mobile number
Specifications for Uploading Documents in VITEEE Application Form 2020
Filling the online application form of VITEEE requires the candidates to upload their photograph and signature.
Image Specifications for VITEEE 2020 Application Form
|Name of document
|10 KB to 200 KB
|3.5 CM X 4.5 CM
|10 KB to 200 KB
|3.5 CM X 1.5 CM
Guidelines to Upload Photograph and Signature:
- Candidates must not upload selfie taken via smartphone
- Photograph must have a white or light colour background
- The photograph must be taken with a front view of the face
- Signature must be done with a free hand on a plain white paper
- Candidates must not cover their face with tinted glasses, caps or anything that may block the front view of the face.
Stepwise Process to Fill and Submit VITEEE Application Form 2020 Online
Filling an online application form for VITEEE 2020 requires the candidates to follow certain steps in a specific chronology. The steps to be followed to submit the VITEEE online application form are as follows.
- Online Registration
- Filling details in VITEEE application form
- Payment of application fees
- Uploading of images
- Final submission
- Downloading of VITEEE application form
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology, i.e. vit.ac.in
- Click on the button stating ‘Apply Now’
- After clicking the ‘apply now’ button, candidates will be redirected to another portal. Here, click on the link stating ‘New users may register here’
- Enter your details including name, date of birth, mobile number, residential status, gender and email ID
- Enter the verification code as displayed in the image
- Click on the ‘Register’ button
- Enter the one time password received over the registered mobile number
After the OTP verification, candidates will receive with the username and the password via an email at the registered email address.
Click here to start your VITEEE Registration 2020
Step 2 – Login
In order to enter the VITEEE login dashboard, candidates will have to enter their login credentials including the user name and the password (received over the registered email ID). After entering the login dashboard, candidates will be able to proceed to fill the VITEEE application form 2020.
Step 3 – Filling the VITEEE application form
Candidates must choose the button in the sidebar of the login dashboard stating ’Application Form’. Click on the checkbox after reading all the instructions and click the ‘I Agree’ button. Then, fill in the following details:
Address and Education Details
- Address for correspondence
- Name of the board of the institute last attended (from the drop-down menu)
- Name of the school
- Address of the school
Test Centre and Subject Preference
- Country name
- State name
- Test city name
- Subject from BPCEA or MPCEA (Using drop-down menu)
After entering all the above-mentioned details click on the ‘Save and Next’ button. An application number will be generated.
Step 4 – VITEEE Application Fee Payment
After filling up the application form, candidates are asked to choose the option for paying the VITEEE application fee of Rs. 1150. Candidates will have the following two options for the payment of VITEEE application fee 2020:
1. Techprocess Payment Gateway – In the tech process payment gateway, candidates will have the following options to choose for the payment of application fee.
- Credit card/ Debit card
- Net banking
- Using cash card/ wallet (PayZapp)
- EMI (HDFC bank debit card EMI)
2. PAYTM Payment Gateway – Using the ‘Paytm Payment Gateway’, candidates will be able to use the Paytm wallet for the payment of application fee.
Candidates paying the application fee using the ‘Paytm Payment gateway’ will have to incur some extra cost on the basis of mode they are choosing to pay. The following amount will be charged from the candidates.
|Application Fee (inclusive of convenience fee + GST)
Candidates choosing exam centres in foreign countries will have to pay 50 USD (excluding bank charges) as the application fee.
Step 5 – Uploading of Photo and Signature and Final Submission
After payment of application fees, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature by clicking on the upload button as per the prescribed specifications given by the exam conducting authority.
After uploading the images, candidates must go through the application and make sure that there are no spelling errors in any information. They can also make some important changes, if required. After the preview, candidates must finally submit the application form of VITEEE 2020.
Step 6 – Downloading Filled-in Application Form
Once the submission of the application form is done, candidates must download the soft copy of the filled-in application form for further correspondence. Candidates must note that they don’t need to send the printed copy of the application form to Vellore Institute of Technology.
VITEEE 2020 Application Form Submission Process for International Candidates
VITEEE online application form submission process for candidates applying through NRI/PIO/OCI or foreign category remains the same. However, the documental needs differ for international category candidates. Let’s get to know about the documents they need to upload while filling the application form.
- Proof of Age & Nationality (Passport/Birth Certificate)
- 11th-grade mark sheet/AS Level/Form V (for appearing candidates) & 12th-grade mark sheet/A Level/Form VI (for passed out candidates)
- Visa/Resident Card authenticating NRI/ PIO/ OCI status of the parent
- Employer certificate for NRI/PIO/OCI candidates (Optional at the time of application)
- Both 11th and 12th Marksheets (only for Nepal Education Board Candidates)
Documents need to be submitted in (.jpg) or (.pdf) format only and the size of each document should not exceed 1 MB. The application fee for international applicants would be USD 50 that they need to pay online. International candidates can resolve their further queries by getting in touch with university officials with the help of below-mentioned contact details:
Dr. K. Manivannan
Director – UG Admissions
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91-416-220 2157 /Fax:+91-416-224 5544
Stepwise Process to Fill and Submit VITEEE Application Form 2020 Offline
As already discussed, candidates can also fill the VITEEE application form in an offline mode. To apply in the offline mode, candidates need to purchase the form from the university or post offices designated by the university all over India.
Post Offices to get VITEEE Application Form
|Name of the Post Office
|Anna Road (Chennai)
|Anna Nagar (Chennai)
Also, the offline application form is available at the admission office of the following VIT campuses:
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Campus
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai Campus
- VIT Bhopal
- VIT Amaravati (AP)
Candidates will have to generate a demand draft of Rs. 1,250 in favour of ‘VIT University’. The DD generated will be payable at Vellore campus. Candidates will have to follow the steps mentioned below in order to fill and submit the offline application form for VITEEE 2020.
Step 1 – Fill all the details including personal details, address details and last attended institutes details
Step 2 – Fill the preferred test centre and preferred subject combination
Candidates must check the Appendix – I, II and III of the information brochure for filling the codes for different details in the OMR application form
Step 3 – Affix the photograph and sign the OMR application form for VITEEE 2020 wherever required
Step 4 – Send the filled in OMR application form to the main campus of VIT University at the following address.
Candidates must use only the black ballpoint pen to fill the OMR form. Any discrepancies in the application form may lead to the rejection of the candidature.
How to Check the Status of VITEEE Application Form 2020?
Vellore Institute of Technology will facilitate the candidates with a window to check the status of their online application form. Also, candidates can use the designated window for checking the application status. The application status can be checked by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of VIT University
Step 2 – Enter the application number and the verification code displaying over the window
Step 3 – Click on the ‘submit’ button
Step 4 – If the application form is incomplete, candidates will see a pending disclaimer in the login dashboard
VITEEE Application Form Correction Window (For Online Applicants Only)
There are times when the candidates may furnish any of their details wrongly in the application form. In such cases, Vellore Institute of Technology allows the candidates to rectify certain details. The correction window also closes with the application submission process. Candidates can login to their VITEEE dashboard and click on the ‘Edit’ button to rectify the wrongly filled details. Fields that can be changed through correction window of VITEEE application form are:
- Personal Details
- Photograph & Signature
- Correspondence & Permanent Address
Note – Candidates are advised to take the printout of the application form after modifying their details.
VITEEE Application Form – Important Guidelines
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of VITEEE before filling up the application form in order to avoid rejection at any later stage.
- Requests for changing email ID or mobile number will not be entertained.
- Candidates are not required to send the printout of VITEEE 2020 application form to the exam conducting authorities.
- Before final offline submission, candidates must go through the VITEEE application form, as later, the exam conducting body will not provide any correction window.
- In case of application fee payment failure, VIT reverses the transacted amount (if deducted) to the payment source within 2 business days.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form of VITEEE before the last date in order to avoid any last-minute technical problems.
- Candidates must ensure that their photograph and signature is as per the prescribed specifications.
In case of any queries/issues regarding the submission of VITEEE application form, candidates can establish contact at:
VIT University, Vellore – 632 014, Tamil Nadu,
INDIA Phone: +91-416-2202168, 2202157
Fax: +91-416 224 5544, 224 0411
VITEEE Application form – How to Retrieve Credentials?
Candidates may forget their login credentials which are generated while filling the VITEEE application form. Vellore Institute of Technology provides an opportunity to all the candidates to retrieve their lost password. Follow the steps mentioned below to recover the VITEEE login password:
Step 1 – Visit the official login portal of VIT University available at the official website
Step 2 – Click on the link saying ‘Forgot Password?’
Step 3 – Enter the registered email ID and the verification code
Step 4– Click on the ‘Submit’ button
Candidates will receive the username and password over the registered email ID.
FAQs related to VITEEE Application Form
✔️ Is the application fee for VITEEE refundable?
No. Vellore Institute of Technology will not refund the VITEEE application fees under any circumstances.
✔️ What if the images uploaded in the online application form are not as per specified size?
In case your documents are not as per the prescribed specifications, then you will not be able to submit the application form of VITEEE. The upload button will only work if the images are in the prescribed format.
✔️ How much is the VITEEE application fee?
Candidates need to pay Rs. 1100 + Convenience Fee & Taxes for online payment of VITEEE application fee. On the other hand, applicants going with the offline submission of VITEEE application form need to attach a DD of Rs. 1250 payable at Vellore campus.
✔️ After paying the application fee online, the payment status showed negative, but the amount got deducted. What should I do?
In such a case, candidates must wait for at least 48 hours to proceed to make the payment again. The amount status will confirm or the amount deducted will be credited back to the payment source.
✔️ What modes are available for submitting the VITEEE 2020 application fee?
Candidates will be provided two different modes to pay the VITEEE 2020 application fee including ’Techprocess payment gateway’ and ‘Paytm payment gateway’. However, candidates opting to fill the application form offline will have to pay the application fee via a Demand Draft.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study for the latest news and updates on VITEEE Syllabus 2020.