New Delhi, 18 November 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a new notification for candidates, which allows aspirants to confirm or change their choice of examination centre for the UPSC civil services 2021 (main) exam.
This notification was released after several candidates requested the commission to provide an option for exam centre change. Due to COVID, many candidates found themselves in a clutch and wanted a choice to change their examination centre to their nearby locations. UPSC took note of the same and decided to give all aspirants a choice to revise their centres.
The official notice states, “Keeping in view the requests of the candidates for allowing change in their Centre for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2021, the Commission has decided to give an opportunity to all the candidates of this Examination for revising their Examination Centre, if required.”
How to Change UPSC Civil Services 2021 Exam Centre?
Candidates can change their exam centre by filling up the detailed application form I (DAF-I) that will be available soon on UPSC’s website.
While filling the form, candidates have to confirm their choice of examination centre, wherein they can put in a request to change it as well.
Here are the steps required to fill up the DAF-I to request a change in the exam centre:
- First, register at UPSC by visiting the official website and clicking on the registration link provided below the “login” button.
- On the window that appears, provide your name, roll number, date of birth, and e-mail address.
- Click ‘submit’ and check the password shared on your email address.
- Using your roll number and password, log in at http://www.upsc.gov.in (by clicking on the “login” tab on the website).
- The detailed application form I (DAF-I) will appear on the screen.
- Fill up your details along with your choice of exam centre.
- Submit the form and pay the required examination fee to complete the process.
Note: Once candidates choose an exam centre on the DAF-I, they won’t be able to request another change. The choice made in the DAF-I will be considered final.