New Delhi, 17 November, 2021: The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has yet again come up with an important notice in favor of the students. As per the official notice, the consortium of NLUs decided to reduce the CLAT counselling fee from the existing Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 30,000 for General/UR candidates and Rs. 20,000 for ST,SC, OBC, BC, EWS, PWD, and other reserved candidates, respectively.
Earlier, the Consortium released the dates for CLAT 2022 and 2023 exams for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programmes. The CLAT 2022 exam will be held on May 08, while CLAT 2023 exam will be held on December 18, 2022.
CLAT 2022-23 Counselling Process
The consortium counselling process involves the following steps:
- CLAT counselling registration (only invited candidates can register for counselling)
- Document submission
- Confirming NLU preference
- Seat allotment
- Post-allotment options presented before the candidates
CLAT 2022-23 Counselling – Important Points
- Shortlisted candidates for counselling will be able to see a counselling registration link in their registered account.
- Candidates need to update their NLU preferences. There are 22 NLUs for CLAT UG and 19 NLUs for CLAT LLM. Candidates may choose NLUs in the order of preference and are advised to enter at least five NLUs in their preference list.
- If no fresh options are entered by the candidates, existing preference will prevail.
- In such cases, the preference selected by the candidate in the application form will be considered.
- After the last date of counselling registration, no request will be entertained for change of NLU preference.
Note: Candidates will not be considered for admission to any NLU other than those selected by them in preference lists. For example, if a candidate has selected only three NLUs, he/she will be eligible to contest only those and not in the remaining NLUs. This is true even if seats are vacant in the remaining NLUs and the candidate gets a seat as per their rank.
For scholarship, exam, and education-related updates, please follow Buddy4Study.