New Delhi, 22 December, 2021: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) (I) 2022 examination today (22 December, 2021). A total of 341 vacancies will be filled via the CDS 2022 recruitment drive. The exam will be held on April 10, 2022.
Table of Contents
UPSC CDS (I) 2022 – Details
- The last date to fill the CDS (I) application form 2022 is January 11, 2022 (till 6 pm).
- The application fee is Rs. 200 for candidates belonging to General and Other Backward Class (OBC) categories.
- There is no fee for female, SC, and ST category candidates.
- The last date to withdraw applications is from January 18 to 24, 2022 (till 6 pm). Candidates will be able to do so through the official website.
- Eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination.
UPSC CDS (I) 2022 – Eligibility
(a) A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- A citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
(b) A candidate, in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the government before declaration of result by UPSC.
(c) (i) For Indian MIlitary Academy (IMA)—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02 January, 1999 and not later than 01 January, 2004 are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02 January, 1999 and not later than 01 January, 2004 are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Candidates between the age limit of 20 to 24 years as on 01 January, 2023.
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2004 are eligible.
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)—Unmarried women, issueless widows, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. These candidates should have been born not earlier than 02 January, 1998 and not later than 01 January, 2004.
UPSC CDS (I) 2022 – Documents Required
- Candidates must keep their signatures and photographs duly scanned (in JPEG format) before filling the application form. Each file must have a size of a maximum of 300 KB and a minimum of 20 KB. Details such as the candidate’s name, mother’s name, father’s name, and date of birth must match with that mentioned in the matriculation certificate.
- Candidates must have one photo ID proof such as an aadhar card, voter card, PAN card, passport, driving license, or any other photo ID proof that is issued by the Central or State governments. These details must be provided while filling up the application form.
- Candidates must provide a valid and active email ID during the online application process.
Note: The commission will make all correspondences through the email ID provided by the candidate. Hence, applicants must keep checking their emails at regular intervals.
UPSC CDS (I) 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The UPSC CDS (I) 2022 exam is a two-tier national examination conducted by the UPSC.
- Aspirants have to clear both exams to get selected for the services.
- UPSC releases the merit list based on the marks scored by aspirants in the exams.
- The mode of exam is offline and contains 300 objective-type questions.
- Aspirants need to tick the right option from the provided options to score a point.
- The duration provided for the exam is 2 hours.
- There is a negative marking of ⅓ for every incorrect answer marked by aspirants.
To read the complete official document of UPSC CDS (I) 2022, please click here.