New Delhi, 12 April 2022 – On Monday, April 11, 2022, the Uttar Pradesh Higher Education Minister – Yogendra Upadhyay – announced yet another round of distribution of smartphones and tablets to the youth across the state. The minister also mentioned that the distribution will take place at Isabella Thoburn (IT) College in Lucknow, in the presence of public representatives.
Talking about the initiative, Upadhyay said, “The department of information technology has already been told to include it in its 100-day action plan…The state government has directed the officers of the department to provide tablets and smartphones to the youth within the stipulated time.”
Table of Contents
About the Free Smartphone, Tablet Distribution Initiative in Uttar Pradesh
- As a part of the Uttar Pradesh 100-day action plan, the Information Technology (IT) department of the state government will be distributing a total of 9.74 lakh tablets and smartphones to its youth.
- The first phase of the distribution of these gadgets began on December 25, 2021, which marked the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Touted as ‘CM Yogi’s Christmas gift to youth’ by several media platforms, 60,000 smartphones and 40,000 tablets were given to final year students of various colleges at Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Stadium in Lucknow. Final year M.A., B.A., B.Sc., ITI, B.Tech, M.Tech. MBBS, and MD students were given preference during the distribution.
- The Uttar Pradesh government also plans to provide free digital access to the youth to make online education more accessible.
- The officials have been put to task to identify students who can be eligible beneficiaries for tablets and smartphones from each district in UP.
What is Uttar Pradesh 100-Day Action Plan?
UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed all of the state departments to prepare a comprehensive and feasible development action-plan by setting the targets for 100 days, 6 months, and a year.
While Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra presented the blueprint of the 100-day action plan in front of the cabinet, the Chief Minister directed the officials to give concrete shape to the proposal. For better implementation of the UP 100-day plan, the various state departments have been divided into 10 specific sectors namely –
- Agricultural Production
- Infrastructure and Industrial Development
- Medical and Health
- Social Security
- Urban Development
- Rural Development
- Revenue Collection
- Tourism and Culture
To keep updated with education and scholarship-related news, please follow Buddy4Study.