New Delhi, 13 April 2022 – The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released the exam dates for the Non-Technical Popular Category Computer-Based Test-2 (NTPC CBT-2). As per the notification, the exams for pay level 4 and pay level 6 will be held on May 9 and May 10, 2022. In addition to that, the exam dates for pay levels 2, 3, and 5 will be announced later by the RRB on its official website.
Note: To view the entire notice, please click here.
RRB NTPC CBT-2 Exam – Overview
|Exam Conducted Authority||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Exam Name||Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Category Computer-Based Test-2 (RRB NTPC CBT-2)|
|Exam Dates for RRB NTPC CBT 2 for Pay Level 4 and 6||May 9 and May 10, 2022|
|Exam Dates for RRB CBT 2 Pay Level 2, 3, and 5||To Be Announced|
|RRB NTPC CBT-1 Result Date||March 30 to April 1, 2022 (Declared)|
|RRB Official Website||http://rrbcdg.gov.in|
RRB NTPC CBT Exam Details
- RRB NTPC CBT-1 exams were held in seven phases from December 28, 2020 to July 31, 2021.
- The results of the same were published in the official website of the RRB between 30 March and 1 April 2022.
- The shortlisted candidates from the CBT-1 exams are now eligible to appear for CBT-2. Thus, the RRB NTPC CBT-2 exam dates are only important for those candidates who have cleared CBT-1 and have been shortlisted for the next round of computer-based test.
- Through the RRB NTPC exams, different candidates have been shortlisted for different pay levels.
- The dates for pay levels 4 and 6 have been announced. The exams for the same will be held on May 9 and 10.
- The dates for pay levels 2, 3, and 5 are yet to be announced by the RRB. These will be announced soon on RRB’s official website – http://rrbcdg.gov.in.
RRB Warns Candidates of Fake Websites
The board has advised candidates to only believe the information provided on the official website of RRB. It has further requested the candidates to not be misled by unauthenticated sources and be aware of people who try to misguide candidates with fake promises of job appointments through illegal means. The board has clearly specified that RRB selections are based on Computer Based Tests (CBTs) and the recruitment process is completely merit-driven.
About RRB NTPC Exams
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) NTPC is a national-level examination that is conducted to recruit graduates and undergraduates for the post of Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) in various zonal railways and production units of Indian Railways. These posts include Commercial Apprentice, Goods Guard, Traffic Apprentice, Traffic Assistant, Assistant Station Master, among others.
RRB NTPC FAQs
Who is eligible to appear for the RRB NTPC exam?
Any candidate who fulfills the following eligibility can appear for the examination:
The candidate is a citizen of India.
Is aged between 18 and 30 years (for undergraduate-level posts).
Has passed Class 12 or Class 10 (for undergraduate-level posts).
Is aged between 18 and 33 years (for graduate-level posts).
Has a graduation degree from a recognised university (for graduate-level posts).
How many vacancies are available for RRB NTPC 2022?
For the RRB NTPC 2022 exam, a total of 35,281 vacancies have been announced by RRB. Earlier, the board had announced 35,277 vacancies - which were later increased.
My graduation result is awaited. Can I still apply for RRB NTPC?
Yes, candidates in the last year of college are eligible for RRB NTPC. However, they are required to mention that their final result is awaited while applying for the exam.