New Delhi, 15 September 2022: After the declaration of NEET UG results 2022, several students have raised their concerns regarding discrepancies and errors in their results. While some students spotted errors in their marks, others registered complaints about receiving two mark sheets per student. Such students have addressed this problem to the National Testing Agency (NTA) by sending respective emails. However, they haven’t got any response on the same yet.
- On September 7, 2022, the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced the NEET UG result 2022 on its official website—neet.nta.nic.in. The NEET 2022 result has been released in the form of a scorecard.
- NEET UG 2022 recorded the highest registrations for the entrance test with over 18.7 lakh registered candidates.
- There are around 17.64 lakh students who appeared for the exam on July 17, 2022.
- A total of 993069 candidates have passed the exam, out of which 429160 are male candidates, 563902 are female candidates, and 7 are transgender candidates.
- In 2022, the overall pass percentage was 56.27%.
- The NEET UG results 2022 have been marred by several technical glitches.
Table of Contents
NEET UG Results 2022 – List of Errors
- One of the NEET UG candidates, Sujeet S (name changed), stated his angst, “How can the same student get two different marksheets, with two different scores? Clearly, the NTA has messed up and is not ready to own up.” On one marksheet, Sujeeth has scored 621 marks out of 720—taking him to an all-India rank of 11,294, while on the other marksheet his score is 202 out of 720, ranking him at AIR 5,37,236.
- Another 18-year-old, Shruti Maheshwari (name changed), faced an error wherein her marks, as per her Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet and the answer key released by NTA stood at 626, but her report card shows 91 only.
- An activist named Ruiee Kapoor stated, “These are children who have spent at least the last two-three years of their lives preparing for this particular exam, and to get such results due to errors is unacceptable. The NTA should ensure such mistakes are avoided.”
- One such incident is reported from Maharashtra’s Gadchandur, where a NEET candidate named Devti More witnessed that she cleared the medical exam by securing 570/720 marks on the day of the NEET UG results, that is, September 7, 2022. However, the next day when, she checked again, she found out that the number had dropped to 129 without any explanation. Devti More and her family were shocked by the technical glitch on the National Testing Agency (NTA) website. Troubled by the error, Devti sent an e-mail to the National Testing Agency (NTA), but she hasn’t received any response yet.
NEET UG Results 2022 – Cut off
|Category||NEET 2022 Cut off Score|
|General and Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||715-117|
|Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Class (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST)||116-93|
|General PH (Physically Handicapped)||116-105|
|Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Class (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST): Physically Handicapped||104-93|
NEET UG Results 2022 – List of Top Ten Candidates
|3||Hrishikesh Nagbhushan Gangule||715||Karnataka|
|5||Errabelly Sidharth Rao||711||Telangana|
|6||Rishi Vinay Balse||710||Maharashtra|
|8||Krishna S R||710||Karnataka|
|9||Zeel Vipul Vyas||710||Gujarat|
|10||Haziq Parveez Lone||710||Jammu & Kashmir|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When were the NEET UG results 2022 declared?
The NEET UG results were declared on September 7, 2022.
What types of errors have students spotted in their NEET UG results?
Students have spotted errors like receiving two scorecards and reduced marks in their NEET results.
What is the NEET UG 2022 cut off for the General category?
The NEET UG 2022 cut off for the General category is 715-117.