New Delhi, 25 July 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) is likely to release the provisional NEET UG answer key 2022 for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate (NEET UG) 2022 along with photocopies of OMR response sheets and question papers soon on the NTA website: neet.nta.nic.in.
Apart from this, the NEET PG counselling 2022 is also set to begin from 1 September 2022 onwards. NTA has decided to start the counselling process from September 1 so that all the new seats can be included in the first round of counselling itself.
NEET 2022 – Details
|NEET UG Answer Key 2022
|To be out soon
|NEET PG Counselling 2022 Start Date
|1 September 2022
|Total Number of Registered Candidates for NEET UG 2022
NEET UG Answer Key 2022 – Details
- The candidates will be allowed to raise objections after the provisional NEET UG answer key 2022 and OMR sheets are released.
- NEET UG 2022 results will be published soon after the final NEET UG answer key 2022 answer key is released.
- NEET UG 2022 results will be announced in the form of scorecards, mentioning students’ subject-wise marks and percentile scores.
- NTA will also announce cut-off scores for different categories and names of all toppers.
- After the NEET UG Answer key 2022 gets released followed by result declaration, respective scores will be sent to counselling authorities, and the admission process for medical courses will begin.
- For more updates on NEET UG 2022, candidates should regularly visit NTA websites – neet.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in.
- As many as 18,72,329 candidates (of which 10.64 lakh were women) had registered for the NEET UG 2022 exam this year, which received the highest number of applications ever.
- For the first time, over 18 lakh candidates registered for the exam, a considerable increase of over 2.5 lakh from last year.
- In 2021, over 15.44 lakh candidates appeared for the exam, which was conducted at 3,858 centers. Of these, at least 8.70 lakh students had qualified.
NEET 2022 UG Exam – Tie-Breaking Process
In NEET 2022 entrance exam, if two or more candidates score the same NEET UG marks, students will be marked on the basis of the following tie-breaking procedure (the procedure is given in the chronological order of the NEET UG tie-breaking preference):
- Candidates obtaining higher marks or percentile score in Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the exam.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks or percentile score in Chemistry in the exam.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks or percentile score in Physics in the exam.
- Candidates with less proportion of the number of attempted incorrect answers and more correct answers in all the subjects in the exam.
- Candidates with less proportion of a number of attempted incorrect answers and more correct answers in Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the exam.
- Candidates with less proportion of a number of attempted incorrect answers and more correct answers in Chemistry in the exam.
- Candidates with less proportion of a number of attempted incorrect answers and more correct answers in Physics in the exam.
- Candidates older in age, followed by NEET UG 2022 application number in ascending order.
NEET PG Counselling 2022 – Details
- As the NEET PG Counselling 2022 is all set to start from 1 September 2022, it will be applicable to all the central universities, deemed universities, and 50% of all India quota seats and 50% of state quota seats of medical and dental colleges simultaneously.
- The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) under the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health will conduct the counselling through the online mode.
- During the counselling process, only the students who have qualified in the NEET PG 2022 exam will be able to fill their choices with respect to courses and colleges.
- The government has also decided to conduct a special round of counselling to prevent the wastage of seats. During this process, it will also pay attention to the 748 seats that are still lying vacant in NEET superspeciality counselling for the academic year 2021.
- Usually, NEET PG 2022 is held in January and the counselling starts in March, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the postponement of last year’s admission process, this year’s NEET PG exam was conducted on 21 May 2022.
- In 2021, 1456 seats remained vacant when the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducted five rounds of counselling for PG seats including a special round of counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the NEET PG 2022 counselling begin?
The NEET PG 2022 counselling will begin from 1 September 2022.
Which information will be mentioned in the NEET UG 2022 result?
NEET UG 2022 results will be announced in the form of scorecards, mentioning students' subject-wise marks and percentile scores after the NEET UG answer key 2022 gets released.