New Delhi, 06 January, 2022: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched online Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA) programmes within the School of Computer & Information Sciences. These programmes have been launched to aid students who want to gain knowledge about computer applications through distance learning.
The courses were launched in the presence of Vice-Chancellor – Professor Nageshwar Rao. The occasion was also attended by Professor PVGD Prasad Reddy (VC, Andhra University) and Professor G Kannabiran (Director, NIT Trichy) as guests of honour.
IGNOU Online BCA Course: Details
- The Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) course is of three years duration and is available only in the online mode.
- The objective of the programme is to give opportunities to Class 12-passed students who wish to pursue higher studies related to computer applications and information technology (IT).
- After getting the BCA degree from IGNOU, there are further educational opportunities to either opt for Master of Computer Application (MCA) at IGNOU or any other master’s programme at any other university/institute. Another option is to take up an entry-level position in the field of IT or other computer-related jobs.
- The fee structure of the online BCA programme is INR 42,000. This fee is supposed to be paid semester wise and the fee per semester is INR 7,000.
Note: To check the complete online BCA course details, please click here.
IGNOU Online MCA Course: Details
- The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course is of two years duration and is available only in online mode.
- The objective of the MCA programme is to prepare graduate students for productive careers in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline.
- The MCA programme aims to give the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development.
- The MCA programme also focuses on the application of software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications, networking, and commercial problems.
- The first-year covers theoretical knowledge and practical skills development in core computers science subjects. The second-year focuses more on advanced courses involving conceptual framework and project work.
- The fee structure of the online MCA programme is INR 12,000 per semester. Also, the registration fee of INR 200 is payable along with fee for the first semester at the time of admission.
Note: To check the complete online MCA course details, please click here.
IGNOU Online MCA Course: Eligibility
- Candidates who have passed BCA/Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Computer Science/IT, bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, or an equivalent degree with at least 50% marks in (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed any bachelor’s degree of minimum three years from a recognized university with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and mathematics as one of the subjects at Class 12 level or graduation level are eligible.
Note: To check eligibility, fees, and other details related to both BCA and MCA courses, eligible candidates are advised to apply at IGNOU’s official website. The last date to register is 31 January, 2022.