New Delhi, 06 January, 2022: On 4 January, 2022, the Punjab government announced its decision to give Rs. 2,000 as a one-time internet allowance to nearly 8.67 lakh students studying in higher educational institutions. This step has been taken to help them attend online classes amidst the rising COVID-19 cases. The state government has also introduced other initiatives for the betterment of the state and its educational system.
Table of Contents
Punjab Government: Educational Initiatives
- The Punjab government has launched the Punjab Government Rozgar Guarantee for Youth Scheme (PRAGTY) 2022 in the Lovely Professional University in Phagwara. The scheme is aimed towards increasing the employability and skill level of the youth in Punjab.
- The Punjab government has given its approval to increase the honorarium of Anganwadi workers, mini Anganwadi workers and helpers by Rs 1,400, Rs 1,000, and Rs 1,050 per month, respectively.
- The state government has introduced an assured annual hike in the honorarium of Anganwadi workers, mini Anganwadi workers and Anganwadi helpers by Rs 500, Rs 250 and Rs 250, respectively, with effect from 1 January, 2023.
- The Punjab government has given its approval to offer appointments to Punjabi hockey players as Punjab civil services officer or deputy superintendent of police to those having minimum qualification as graduation. This decision has been taken to recognize the contribution of the Punjabi hockey players of the Indian team, which recently brought laurels to the country in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Punjab Government Rozgar Guarantee for Youth Scheme (PRAGTY) 2022: Benefits
- Students who have passed Class 12 will be eligible for employment under the Punjab Government Rozgar Guarantee for Youth Scheme (PRAGTY).
- The PRAGTY scheme will ensure free coaching to the students for competitive exams related to civil services and armed forces. These coaching sessions will be free to ensure that the youth of the state is benefited without putting any financial pressure on them.
- The Punjab government will also initiate start-up courses for the youth across state universities under this scheme.