The applications for the CLAT 2021 exam began on 1st Jan 2020 and it seems that the total number of applicants in 2020 would certainly surpass the number of students which took the exam in 2019. More than 47,000 students appeared for the CLAT exam in 2019. is expected that these numbers would cross the 50,000 mark in 2020. Thus, the cut off parameter would play a vital role in judging the fate of the aspiring law students. It would be interesting to see whether cutoffs are set aggressively or not?
The application deadline for the CLAT 2020 form is now extended to 10th July 2020 (Revised Date). The CLAT 2020 will now be held on 7th August 2020. Candidates who still have not filled the forms are urged to proceed urgently before the time runs out. You may sign in at the official website of the “Consorteum of NLUs”. Make sure that you keep the ID and password safe and confedential.
Note– The dates are rescheduled by the Consortium of NLU’s due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Important Update – ‘Consortium of NLUs’ recently released a notification on their official website regarding the rescheduling of CLAT 2020. The governing body of the exam has notified that the CLAT 2020 will be conducted on 7th September 2020. The decision is taken by ‘Consortium of NLUs’ with concern to the safety of the students against the Covid 19 Pandemic. CLAT 2020 was previously scheduled to be conducted on 22nd August 2020. Also, CLAT 2020 will be conducted in the CBT (Computer Based Test) mode rather than the Pen and Paper mode. The decision is taken by ‘Consortium of NLUs’ with concern to the safety of the students against the Covid 19 Pandemic. All the facilities regarding the safety of the candidates such as Thermo Gun, Sanitizing Gun and Isolation wards will be made available at the test centres.
Given below in the tabular form are the important revised dates related to the CLAT 2020 Exam
|CLAT 2020 Exam Date||7th September 2020|
|Application Form Deadline||10th July 2020|
|Result Day for CLAT 2020||Not Announced Yet|
|1st Indicative list ( Expected to release)||Not Announced Yet|
|2nd Indicative list ( Expected to release)||Not Announced Yet|
|3rd Indicative list ( Expected to release)||Not Announced Yet|
|Counselling commences from||Not Announced Yet|
Table of Contents
- CLAT Exam – How To Check The Results?
- CLAT Result – Merit List
- CLAT Result – Counselling
- CLAT Result – What are the documents required at the time of the Counselling?
- CLAT Result – FAQ’s
CLAT Exam – How To Check The Results?
- Visit the Official Website of CLAT “ clat.ac.in”.
- You may see a bar at the top right of the screen “ Check Result”.
- Enter the exclusive registered ID and Password, which you recieved at the time of the application.
- Your Result would appear on the screen.
- Make sure to download the copy of the result for further processes (admission and counselling).
CLAT Result – Merit List
CLAT authorities (governing body members) prepare a precise merit list each year, which is published in PDF format on the official website. The merit list possesses all the elements like student name and their respective ranks secured in the CLAT exam. Some of the key components of the merit list are:
- State Rank of the candidate’s performance
- Number of students attending the exam
- Criteria and other parameters according to which the candidates will be selected
What is mentioned in the merit list?
The merit list of the CLAT exam prepared by the CLAT committee contains
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Merit number of the concerned candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- All India Rank secured by the Candidate
- State Rank secured by the Candidate
- Total number of marks secured by the candidate
- Legal Aptitude Score of the candidate (specific numbers secured in this section of the Law entrance exam)
Estimated Cut-off for CLAT 2020
|National Law University||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|NLU, Odisha Cuttack||465||879|
Note– The above mentioned data is an estimation of the cut-offs. Since there are various factors which influence the outcome of cutoffs, the official cutoffs may vary from the above given data.
CLAT Result – Counselling
After the CLAT 2020 entrance results are declared, students who have secured good ranks (as per cutoff 2020) would be hoping to get admission in desired/preferred colleges. The merit or cutoff list would itself provide a clear picture to the students on whether they will get admission in the preferred university or not.
Some important information regarding the CLAT counselling for 2020 are :
- The Official CLAT office will conduct the centralised counselling.
- The seats are allocated on the sole basis of Merit cum preference, students getting higher rank may get admission in the top-notch university mentioned in the preferred choice (application form).
- Candidates must deposit a fee sum of 50,000 for securing the allotted seat during the process of counselling.
Procedure to attend the Counselling
- Visit the official CLAT website
- Click on the tab/link mentioning “ CLAT Counselling 2020”
- Enter ID/registration details and password to proceed further
- Check seat allotments of NLU”s carefully
- Pay the required Counselling fee amount ( only those students whose names are mentioned in the indicative list)
- Click on the “Seat Lock” option mentioned, it will safely help you to confirm your allotted seat.
- Save a copy of the seat allotment for future purposes.
- Log out safely
CLAT Result – What are the documents required at the time of the Counselling?
There are a set of documents which are essential to carry for the candidate at the time of the counselling. Candidates may risk the rejection of their candidature if they fail to adhere to the guidelines mentioned on the official website of CLAT.
Following are the must carry documents at the time of Counselling:
- CLAT 2020 Application Form
- CLAT 2020 Admit Card
- CLAT 2020 Result (Scorecard copy)
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Caste Certificate
- Specially-Abled Certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates like Domicile, NRI and NRI Sponsored (If applicable)
CLAT Result – FAQ’s
Q. What is the date of result for the CLAT 2020 exam?
The official governing body of the 'Consortium of NLU' will soon announce the revised date of result for the CLAT 2020 exam. Counselling may start in the 2nd week of October 2020 (tentatively).
Q. Are there any changes in the number of questions?
Yes, this year the total number of questions would be cut down to 150 rather than the 200 questions, which were asked in the 2019 CLAT exam.
Q. How many students are expected to appear for the CLAT 2020 exam?
It is expected that more than 50,000 students would appear for the CLAT 2020 exam. The total number of students who appeared for the exam in 2019 were 47,000.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the CLAT 2020 exam?
Yes, a deduction of 0.25 marks on every wrong attempt will be made. All the objective questions carry 1 mark each. Students must carefully attempt the questions and avoid fluking as well.
Q. How many seats are available for UG students in CLAT 2020?
There are more than 2300 seats available for the undergraduate candidates in 22 National level universities. Students may also apply for admission in 43 listed private colleges.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get latest updates and news on CLAT UG 2020.