State Bank of India (SBI) will release the SBI PO (Probationary Officer) application form 2020 on its official website (sbi.co.in). Every year, SBI rolls out the application form in the first week of April. But the procedure has been delayed this year due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. As of now, the actual schedule for SBI PO application form release is pending. However, the conducting authority is expected to issue the application form along with SBI PO recruitment notification in July 2020.
Interested candidates should first verify their eligibility as per SBI PO eligibility norms and then apply for this 3-stage SBI PO recruitment process that includes Prelims, Mains and Interview. The application fee for SBI PO registration is Rs 750 for Unreserved (UR) category whereas candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories need to pay just the intimation charges of Rs 125.
Explore the detailed information required to fill and submit SBI PO Application form 2020 in this article.
Table of Contents
- SBI PO Application Form – Important Dates
- SBI PO Application Form – Prerequisites
- SBI PO Application Form – Step-wise Submission Process
- SBI PO Application Form – Troubleshooting Tips
- SBI PO Application Form – Key Facts
- SBI PO Notification – Information Provided
- SBI PO Application Form – FAQs
- ✔️ What is the age criteria to apply for SBI PO 2020?
- ✔️ Will I get the receipt of application fee payment after submitting SBI PO application form 2020?
- ✔️ Can I submit the SBI PO application form offline via post?
- ✔️ Can I edit SBI PO application form 2020 before final submission?
- ✔️ Is it necessary to keep the hard copy of SBI PO 2020 application form?
SBI PO Application Form – Important Dates
State Bank of India will announce the first and last date of SBI application form filling through its official notification. Candidates can check the event calendar for SBI PO 2020 application form below:
Event Calendar for SBI PO Application Form 2020
|Release of SBI PO notification||July 2020 (Tentative)|
|Availability of SBI PO application form||July 2020 (Tentative)|
|Deadline to pay application fee and form submission||August 2020 (Tentative)|
|Issuance of call letter for SBI PO Prelims||To be declared|
|SBI PO Prelims exam||To be declared|
Who is eligible to fill SBI PO application form 2020?
Candidates should pay heed to the eligibility requirements before initiating the SBI PO application form filling process. The authority will reject the applications of those who fail to meet the eligibility criteria. The details of SBI PO eligibility criteria are as under:
- The age of the applicants must be between 21 years to 30 years as on April 4, 2020
- Any applicant who does not fall in this age bracket cannot apply for SBI PO
Age Relaxation in SBI PO Recruitment (Category-wise)
|SC (Schedule Caste)/ST (Schedule Tribe)||5 Years|
|Kashmiri Migrants||5 Years|
|People from families affected in 1984 riots||5 Years|
|Other Backwards Classes (OBC) from Non-Creamy Layer*||3 Years|
*Candidates belonging to the OBC category with a family income of less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum can avail benefits of OBC-NCL category.
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college or university by the Central/State Government
- Final year students can also apply for SBI PO provided they furnish the passing certificate and mark sheet of graduation during interview process of SBI PO
- Candidates who possess an integrated dual degree certificate must check the passing date as it should not be after August 31, 2020
- Aspirants who carry the Certification of Chartered Accountant are also eligible for SBI PO recruitment exam
- State Bank of India doesn’t prescribe any minimum marks criteria. Hence, a graduation degree with minimum passing marks in all subjects is all you need, to apply for the SBI PO recruitment exam.
A candidate must be:
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- Tibetan refugee whose family migrated to India before January 1, 1962 with an intention of permanently settling in India or
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated with the intention of permanent settlement in India from countries like:
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries (Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi)
Note – Candidates belonging to the categories mentioned in point 1, 2 and 3 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India in their favor.
SBI PO Application Form – Prerequisites
Candidates must be aware of the prerequisites for filling SBI PO application form. For a hassle free application form filling experience, candidates must ensure the following: :
- Use the latest version of authentic browsers like Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above, Internet Explorer 8 and above and Google Chrome 3.0 and above
- Keep your bank account information ready for SBI PO application fee payment
- Be ready with your scanned images of photograph and signature as per the format specified by the authority
- You must have a valid contact number and email address
- Keep your Graduation marksheet handy
SBI PO Application Form – Step-wise Submission Process
Candidates must go through the below given steps to get a fair idea of filling SBI PO application form 2020:
Step 1: New Registration
Candidates must visit the official website of SBI (sbi.co.in) and access the ‘New Registration for SBI PO’ link. After tapping on the link, applicants will see a new window containing fields like name, email ID, contact number and security code. Candidates must furnish correct details in the specified boxes and click on the submit tab. After completion of the SBI PO registration process, applicants will get a unique registration number and password on their email ID. They must retain these credentials for further use.
Note – After registration, applicants can choose to either fill the SBI PO application form instantly or login later as per their convenience to fill the remaining sections of the form.
Step 2: Uploading the Documents
Candidates should know about the specifications and format of the documents to be uploaded online. They must be vigilant while uploading the scanned images of signature and photograph to avoid any rejection of their SBI PO application form 2020.
Specifications of Photograph and Signature
|Dimension||200 X 230 pixels||140 x 60 pixels|
|File size||20 KB to 50 KB||10 KB to 20 KB|
Process to Upload Photograph and Signature
- Tap on the ‘Upload Photograph or Signature’
- Browse and choose the location (in your system) where the scanned documents are saved
- Tap on each file one by one
- Upload the documents by hitting the ‘Open or Upload’ button
Things to remember while uploading scanned documents
- Colored photograph with light or white background is valid
- Wearing religious accessories or sunglasses is not allowed in the photograph
- The signature should be in black ink and no capital letters are accepted
- There should not be any glare/red eye effect in your eyes
- Avoid any kind of distortion in the scanned images
Step 3: Filling the details
Candidates need to provide genuine information while filling in their name, date of birth, educational qualification, etc. as per their educational certificates. In case of any incorrect data, SBI reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any point of time during the recruitment process. The details given below are required while filling SBI PO application form 2020:
- Initially, candidates must fill in basic information in the application form such as state, circle, category, official language, nationality, test centre preference for SBI PO Prelims and Mains, etc.
- In the personal detail section, applicants need to mention their name, gender, date of birth, communication address, contact number, father’s name, mother’s name, etc.
- Finally, candidates need to furnish their academic qualification details (graduation, post graduation, professional career, work experience, etc.)
Step 4: Preview of SBI PO Application Form 2020
Preview of form helps the candidates to check any mistake or error in application form before submission. This step facilitates the applicants to edit the information and provide correct details. Candidates must note that the authority will provide three chances to candidates to modify their details in the SBI PO application form before the last date of application form submission. No changes shall be applicable once the application form is submitted online.
Step 5: Payment of Application Fee
Once the details are entered and rectified (if needed), candidates need to pay SBI PO application fee through online channels like debit card/credit card/net banking as per their convenience. Application fee amount varies for different categories and is non refundable. Candidates must retain the online fee receipt generated after payment. The category-wise details of application fee are as under:
|SC or ST or PWD||Rs 125 (intimation charges)|
|General or OBC||Rs 750 (fee plus intimation charges)|
Step 6: Printout of SBI PO Application Form 2020
Candidates must submit the application form before the deadline. It is highly recommended to take the printout of the final and filled SBI PO application form 2020 for further use during the recruitment process.
SBI PO Application Form – Troubleshooting Tips
Candidates may face technical issue(s) while filling the details in SBI PO application form. To fix the same, they can approach the authority via email or through helpline number. The contact details are mentioned below:
Helpline number: 022-22820427 (available from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM in working days)
Official email ID: email@example.com
SBI PO Application Form – Key Facts
- SBI PO application form 2020 shall be made available through online mode only
- SBI is yet to publish the notification for release of SBI PO application form 2020
- Candidates can make changes in the SBI PO application form while accessing preview window only three times before submission
- There is no provision of correction window facility for the candidates after SBI PO application form submission
- Candidates will get online confirmation for SBI PO application form submission
- Application fee receipt is generated online and applicants should retain it for reference in further recruitment process
- The conducting authority will reject incomplete SBI PO application form
- All the applicants must follow the guidelines and specifications while uploading the documents like signature and photograph
- Applicants hailing from SC, ST, PWD categories need to pay only intimation charges
- Candidates must retain the printout of SBI PO 2020 application form and e receipt (application fee) till the end of the admission process
SBI PO Notification – Information Provided
Apart from the SBI PO application form 2020, the official notification of SBI PO recruitment exam encompasses other pivotal details about the entire examination process, including:
- Event calendar for SBI PO recruitment
- Application submission process & fee details
- Eligibility requirements in detail
- Category wise vacancies and reservation information
- Selection procedure
- Exam pattern and exam-related guidelines
- Pre-exam training information
SBI PO Application Form – FAQs
✔️ What is the age criteria to apply for SBI PO 2020?
Candidates who fall in the age bracket of 21 years to 30 years as on April 4, 2020 can apply for recruitment exam of SBI PO 2020.
✔️ Will I get the receipt of application fee payment after submitting SBI PO application form 2020?
Yes, candidates will receive an e-receipt of application fee once they complete the fee payment of SBI PO application form 2020. They are advised to take the printout of e-receipt and save it for reference in further recruitment process of SBI PO.
✔️ Can I submit the SBI PO application form offline via post?
No. State Bank of India never considers an application form received via post. Only the online mode of SBI application form submission is available on official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in
✔️ Can I edit SBI PO application form 2020 before final submission?
Yes, candidates can make changes in SBI PO 2020 application form before clicking the submit tab. They can edit their details in the application form in the ‘Preview your Application' section before finally submitting the application form of SBI PO.
✔️ Is it necessary to keep the hard copy of SBI PO 2020 application form?
Yes, applicants must take the printout of SBI PO application form and retain the same as a reference for further stages of recruitment process.