National Law University (NLU), Delhi will release AILET cutoff 2020 in online mode after the declaration of the entrance test result. The last rank at which the B.A. LL.B and LL.M admissions will take place in NLU, Delhi defines the AILET cutoff for UG and PG programmes respectively.
NLU, Delhi releases two types of AILET cutoff –
- Qualifying Cutoff
- Admission Cutoff
Moreover, AILET cutoff 2020 will vary for different categories including Open, OBC, SC, ST, Kashmiri Migrants, PwD, etc. Factors like number of examinees, difficulty level of AILET exam, number of seats available, etc. determine the AILET cutoff each year.
Law aspirants wishing to grab the complete information on AILET cutoff, including indicative cutoff, previous years’ cutoff, factors affecting cutoff, etc. must read this article further.
AILET Cutoff – Key Highlights
- NLU Delhi has the authoritative power to determine the AILET Qualifying Cutoff as well as the Admission Cutoff
- Candidates need to qualify as per both Qualifying Cutoff and Admission cutoff to secure admission in their desired programme at NLU, Delhi. Candidates who meet the Qualifying Cutoff but are unable to make their place as per the Admission Cutoff are put in the waitlist for later consideration (for the remaining vacant seats).
- Candidates must visit the official website of NLU Delhi (nludelhi.ac.in) as per the schedule to check the AILET cutoff 2020
- Multiple factors are considered during the preparation of AILET cutoff
- Candidates will be able to check the AILET cutoff 2020 after the release of the result
- Cutoff scores for AILET 2020 will be released separately for all categories of candidates
- Apart from NLU, Delhi, the other colleges that accept AILET scores have their own selection criteria. These colleges may/may not release cutoffs on the basis of AILET score.
AILET Cut Off – Important Dates
The table given below comprises the important dates related to AILET cutoff 2020
Important Dates of AILET 2020 Cutoff*
|AILET 2020 exam date||August 9, 2020|
|Declaration of AILET 2020 result||To be announced soon|
|Release of AILET cutoff 2020||To be announced soon|
|AILET 2020 counselling and seat allotment||To be announced soon|
*We will be updating this table as soon as NLU Delhi releases the complete AILET schedule 2020
AILET Cutoff – Determining Factors
NLU Delhi will consider multiple factors while deciding the AILET cutoff 2020. The factors influencing the AILET cutoff score is as follows:
- Difficulty level of AILET 2020
- Reservation policy at NLU Delhi
- Total number of test-takers appearing in the exam
- Number of candidates qualifying the exam
- Seats available for admission
- Previous years’ cutoff trends
- Change in the examination pattern
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown, candidates may experience an upward trend in AILET cutoff. This is because all the applicants have more time for preparation and it is expected that the performance of the test-takers is going to be better than before.
AILET Qualifying Cutoff V/S AILET Cut Off for Admission
NLU Delhi releases two types of AILET cutoff, namely
- AILET Qualifying Cutoff
- AILET Admission Cutoff
NLU Delhi makes both the AILET cutoffs similar to each other. However, there are some major differences between qualifying cutoff and admission cutoff for AILET 2020. Check the table below to know the differentiation.
Difference between AILET Qualifying Cutoff and AILET Admission Cut Off
|S.No||AILET Qualifying Cutoff||AILET Admission Cut Off|
|1||Securing marks as per the qualifying cutoff will not guarantee admission||Securing marks as per the admission cutoff for AILET can guarantee admission subject to participation in the selection rounds|
|2||NLU Delhi uploads the qualifying cutoff before conducting the examination||AILET cutoff for admission is released before the commencement of the counselling process|
|3||Candidates who do not attain the minimum score or rank as per the qualifying cutoff will be considered ineligible during the merit list preparation||A candidate who is unable to score minimum rank/marks as per AILET cutoff for admission, may get admission in the mopup round (if the seats remain vacant)|
AILET Cutoff – What is the Qualifying Cutoff for AILET 2020?
Candidates need to obtain a minimum qualifying score for consideration of their names in the merit list preparation. Similar to the AILET cutoff for admission, the qualifying cutoff will also be different with respect to the categories of the candidate. Qualifying cutoff for AILET UG is as follows.
Qualifying Cutoff for AILET 2020
|Category||Qualifying Cutoff Percentage|
|Unreserved category candidates||40%|
|SC/ST category candidates||30%|
AILET Cut Off – Expected Cutoff Score
The AILET cutoff witnesses an upward/downward trend on the basis of certain factors. Until the NLU Delhi releases the AILET cutoff, Buddy4Study has analysed certain trends to curate the indicative cutoff for AILET 2020. The table below mentions the same.
Expected AILET Cut Off 2020 (Marks-wise)
|Category||AILET Cutoff for B.A. LL.B (Out of 150 marks)||AILET Cutoff for LLM (Out of 150 marks)|
|General||71 – 76||55 – 61|
|Scheduled Tribe||47 – 55||26 – 33|
|Scheduled Caste||46 – 53||34 – 40|
|Kashmiri Migrants||30 – 37||10 – 16|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir||49 – 53||–|
|Persons with Disability||33 – 37||23 – 31|
AILET Cut Off – Previous Years’ Cut Off (Qualifying) Trends
Candidates can predict the AILET 2020 cutoff themselves if they have the complete information of the previous years’ cutoff trends. Check out the AILET cutoffs of previous years’ to get an idea of the cutoff curve.
AILET Cut Off 2019
|Category||AILET UG Cutoff (Out of 150 marks)||AILET PG Cutoff (Out of 150 marks)|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir||51.25||–|
|Persons with Disability||35.25||26|
AILET Cutoff 2018
|Category||AILET UG Cutoff (Out of 150 marks)|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir||58|
|Persons with Disability||42.75|
AILET Cutoff 2017
|Category||AILET UG Cutoff (Out of 150 marks)|
|Persons with Disability||74|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir||78|
AILET Cutoff – Trend Analysis
Candidates can check the chart below to know the category-wise trends of AILET cutoff.
- AILET cutoff for General category candidates had seen a score above 100 in 2016. After that, the cutoff score for General category has decreased. However, last year recorded a slightly higher AILET General category cutoff.
- Similar to the General category, the highest AILET cutoff for SC category candidates was seen back in 2016. However, the trends saw a downward trend since then. If we compare the SC category cutoff for 2018 and 2019, a minor difference of 0.5 marks was witnessed.
- The highest AILET cutoff for ST category cutoff was seen in the year 2016.
- The PwD category cutoff for AILET has been decreasing since 2016. No upward movement has been recorded since then.
- Kashmiri Migrants cutoff in 2017 was enormously high. However, after an all-time high in 2017, AILET cutoff for Kashmiri Migrant category has been decreasing each year.
Post Release of AILET Cutoff – Counselling & Seat Allotment
After the release of AILET cutoff 2020, NLU Delhi shall conduct the counselling and seat allotment process for admission in the institute. Using the AILET admission cutoff, NLU designs a merit list to call the candidates for the offline counselling process. Candidates whose name appear in the merit list as per the AILET cutoff 2020 have to appear at the counselling venue for document verification. Candidates who get their documents verified are eligible for admission. Eligible candidates can proceed to pay the admission fee to get the final admission.
AILET 2020 – Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the table below to know the seat distribution for various categories in NLU Delhi for the B.A. LL.B and LL.M course.
Seat Intake through AILET 2020
|Category||Seats for B.A. LLB Admission||Seats for LL.M Admission|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16||10|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||8||6|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||24||16|
|Economically Weaker Section (EwS)||12||8|
|Residents of J & K||2||–|
AILET Cutoff – FAQs
✔️ When will NLU Delhi release the AILET cutoff 2020?
NLU Delhi releases the AILET cutoff after the declaration of the AILET result. NLU Delhi is yet to announce the release date of AILET result as well as the cutoffs. Once the institute notifies the exact dates for AILET cutoff release, we will be updating the same here.
✔️ Is the AILET cutoff 2020 the same for all the categories?
No. The cutoff for AILET 2020 will be different for all the categories. Candidates will get admission as per their category only if they mention their category while filling the application form and present the required proof during AILET counselling.
✔️ I belong to the SC category but I do not have a valid certificate. Can I claim the SC category benefits during admission through AILET?
No. Admission on the basis of any specific category will be done only if the candidate is able to produce relevant documents in support of the reservation claim. Candidates who are unable to produce the relevant documents will be considered under General category.
✔️ Will the effects of COVID-19 pandemic affect the AILET cutoff score?
Yes, as the candidates have got extra time to prepare for the AILET, it is expected that either the difficulty level of the question paper or the better performance of examinees will increase the AILET cutoff 2020 score.
✔️ Does the Consortium of NLUs decide the AILET cutoff?
No. NLU, Delhi independently has the authoritative power to conduct the entire admission process including the examination, determining the AILET cutoff, counselling, etc. The consortium of NLU is responsible for the admission process at all the other NLU’s except NLU, Delhi.