October 17, 2022, New Delhi, WB Primary Teacher Recruitment: The West Bengal Board of Primary and Education (WBBPE) has decided to make the West Bengal Primary Teacher Recruitment entirely transparent by video recording the whole selection process. This is because the state has already gone through several controversies regarding the recruitment of teachers at different levels, and wants to bring all these issues to a standstill by making the entire process crystal clear.
Sources from the WB State Education Department have mentioned that all three stages of the recruitment process – written examination, interview and counselling – will be video recorded for transparency.
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) is the first autonomous body of teachers’ recruitment to advocate this monitoring system. The entire process is aimed at incorporating 100 per cent transparency in the process of recruitment and ensuring zero corruption at every level.
Internal sources also revealed that there is a possibility that the West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) will also take similar initiatives to ensure more clarity in their recruitment processes.
Table of Contents
WB Primary Teacher Recruitment – Controversies
- Earlier, West Bengal faced several setbacks regarding WB primary teacher recruitment, where millions of aspirants alleged that they were deprived of their rights to getting selected based on their qualifications and experience.
- Internal sources confirmed that most of the selected candidates were recommended by the leaders of the ruling party.
- Though there were more eligible candidates, it is alleged that party volunteers got undue advantages because of recommendations from powerful leaders of the ruling party.
- The numbers provided by WBBPE were also believed to be misleading. Initially, the board reported receiving 55 lakh applications for the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) for a total of 35,000 posts. Later on, it was mentioned that only 45 lakh candidates have applied, out of which around 17.72 lakh applicants have appeared for the final TET examination.
- It was further reported that only 18,792 candidates successfully passed the examination.
- Finally, it was revealed by the sources that all these selections were made under the supervision of the leading party and its leaders.
- The selected candidates were believed to be recommended by some of the powerful leaders of the leading party in West Bengal.
- The recent findings of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) revealed that huge bribes were exchanged to make these recruitments.
WB Primary Teacher Recruitment – Reasons for the Change
- After the public unfolding of the teacher recruitment scam in West Bengal, aspirants strongly protested against the existing recruitment system and demanded a fair process of selection.
- After revealing that the former Education Minister of West Bengal – Partha Chatterjee and the former President of the West Bengal Board of Primary and Education (WBBPE) – Manik Bhattacharjee – along with several other top officials of the West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) have been taken in judicial and central custody due to the recruitment scam, all TET applicant demanded re-examination.
- Though the decision of re-examination is on hold, the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) has decided to make the recruitment process entirely transparent by video recording all levels of the process from now on.
- This will include all selection levels, including the written test, interview and counselling.
- Reportedly, the WBBPE is the first autonomous body to implement such a change in the recruitment process. Considering the current situation in West Bengal, the board is expecting that the West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) will be implementing similar changes in the recruitment process.
- An official of the state education department also stated that if the whole process is getting video recorded, there will be no chance for any irregularities in the future.
Note: To know more about the WB Primary Teacher Recruitment process – Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the new WB Primary Teacher Recruitment process?
WBBPE has announced that it will be the first teachers recruitment body to promote transparency by allowing video recording of all the stages of the process – written test, interview and counselling.
How to apply for WB Primary Teacher Recruitment 2022?
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) has started the registration process for the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test 2022 (WBTET 2022). Eligible and interested candidates can visit the official website – wbbpeonline.com.
When will the WBTET 2022 take place?
WBTET 2022 will be held on December 11, 2022. The registration has started from October 14, 2022 and the last date for registration is November 3, 2022.