Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Kharagpur closed the GATE registration process 2022 on 30th September 2021. Later, the application deadline was extended to 7th September 2021.
The registration process is conducted in online mode through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The admission process began from 2nd September 2021. Candidates who want to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2022 can apply online through the official site of IIT GATE – gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
As per the latest update, GATE 2022 will be held on 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th February 2022. Candidates must note that only those students’ applications will be deemed eligible and accepted who would satisfy the GATE eligibility criteria. Thus, the aspirants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria defined for the exam thoroughly before registering themselves.
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear in the GATE 2022 exam.
Aspirants who will qualify for the GATE exam will be eligible for admissions into various IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and various PSUs recruitments. GATE aspirants must go through the complete article to know the detailed process for GATE Registration 2022.
- This year two new subjects have been introduced – Geomatics Engineering and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, making the subject count to 29.
Table of Contents
- GATE Registration – Important Dates
- GATE Registration – How to Register for GATE 2022?
- GATE Registration – GATE Application Fee
- GATE Registration – How can I check the status of the GATE application form after submission?
- GATE Registration – What is the use of the correction window and how can I access it during GATE Registration 2022?
- GATE Registration – What if I forget or misplace my login password for GATE Registration 2022?
- GATE Registration – Who all are eligible to apply for GATE 2022?
- GATE Registration – GATE Exam Centres
- GATE Registration – FAQs
- Q. Who will be the responsible authority for conduct of GATE 2022?
- Q. When will the authorities release the application forms?
- Q. How can we register for the GATE 2022 exam?
- Q. When will the authorities close the registration window for GATE 2022?
- Q. What is the application fee for GATE registration 2022?
- Q. Is there any change in GATE 2022 syllabus?
- Q. Can I give GATE in 2 subjects?
GATE Registration – Important Dates
The official dates for GATE registration and other exam-related events for 2022 have been announced by the concerned authorities. Aspirants can go through the tentative dates given below for reference.
GATE 2022 Events Calendar
|GATE Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|GATE 2021 registration through GOAPS begins||2nd September 2021|
|Last date to register and submit the application forms||28th September 2021|
|Last date of application form submission with additional INR 500 late fee (by registered candidates)||7th October 2021|
|Display of defective applications for rectifications
||26th October 2021|
|Availability of GATE admit card||15th January 2022|
|GATE 2022 exam date||5th, 6th, 12th and 13th February 2022|
GATE Registration – How to Register for GATE 2022?
As discussed above, GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) facilitates the candidates to register for GATE exam. Applicants must fill in and submit their application forms on or before the last day of submission. Applications submitted after the last day of submission will not be entertained and considered valid by the authorities. Also, before proceeding with the application process, the candidates must ensure that they fall within the defined eligibility parameters for the exam. Ineligible candidates will not be considered for the exam and admission process, and the authorities may also forfeit their admissions at any given point in time.
In order to apply and register for GATE 2022, the candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps-
1. Visit the GATE Online Application Process (GOAPS) website to register for GATE 2021.
2. Register using name, country of residence, email address and mobile number.
3. After successful registration, a unique login credential (enrollment ID and password) will be generated. Candidates must keep their credentials safe for future admission processes.
4. After registration, the GATE application form will be generated.
5. Log in to the online portal again using these credentials to proceed with the application form filling process.
6. Fill in all the required personal and academic details and the desired choices for GATE papers and two preferred exam centres.
7. Now, upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature, and category certificate (if applicable) in the predefined format.
8. The last step is the payment of the application fee. The application fee is to be paid via an online mode of payment, i.e. using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Format for uploading of scanned images –
Passport Size Photograph:
- The passport-sized photograph should be in colour with a white or very light background.
- Should have been taken after August 1, 2021 and the face of the candidates should occupy 50% of the area in the photograph.
- The face should be clear and the direct camera facing. For students with eyesight issues, only clear glasses will be permitted.
- The photograph should be in JPEG format in the specific dimensions of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a pixel resolution of 480 x 640 and a minimum pixel resolution of 240 x 320.
- The signature must be in capital letters in a rectangular box of 2 cm x 7 cm size on A4 white paper.
- The signature should be done with black or dark blue ink in running handwriting and should be scanned and cropped to the specified dimensions.
- The maximum resolution of the signature must be 160 x 560 pixels and 80 x 280 pixels as the minimum resolution.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
File Size of the Documents to be Uploaded for GATE Registration 2022
|Document Type||Pixels||Size in KB||Dimensions|
|Photograph||240 x 320 to 480 x 640||5KB – 200KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||80 x 280 to 160 x 560||10KB – 300KB||2 cm x 7 cm|
|Other Documents||NA||10KB – 300KB||NA|
GATE Registration – GATE Application Fee
For exam centres in India:
|Categories||Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|For UR and Other Category Candidates||INR 1500||INR 2000|
|For ST, SC, PwD, and Female Candidates||INR 750||INR 1250|
For exam centres out of India (for all categories):
|Countries||Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|Singapore and Dubai||US $100||US $120|
|Addis Ababa, Kathmandu, Colombo and Dhaka||US $50||US $70|
GATE Registration – Documents to be Uploaded
The following documents will be required by the aspirants to upload during the application process-
- Declaration for candidates of Jammu and Kashmir (candidates who are unable to obtain documents due to restrictions in the region)
- Details of the valid identity document (the same original ID is to be carried to the examination hall)
- Qualified exam mark sheets and certificates from the Head of the Department or respective Institution
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST), PwD or Dyslexic certificate in PDF format (if applicable)
GATE Registration – How can I check the status of the GATE application form after submission?
In order to check their GATE application status, the candidates will be required to log in to GOAPS using their registered credentials. After logging in, if the status says ‘Under Scrutiny/Under Process’, it means that the authorities are scrutinizing the application forms. This scrutiny process will take a few days after the completion of the application process. After the rectification of the photograph, signature, and uploaded documents, the authorities will send a confirmation of successful submission to the candidates via mail or SMS.
GATE Registration – What is the use of the correction window and how can I access it during GATE Registration 2022?
If in case, any candidate commits any mistake while filling in the details or uploading the required documents or is willing to change any submitted information, he/ she can access the correction window. In order to correct or rectify, the candidates can simply log in to GOAPS using their credentials and make the needed changes. The correction window will be available tentatively as follows –
- Any changes in name, date of birth, details of parents, guardian, correspondence address, college name and location, roll no., or registration number can be made from 26th October 2021.
- Changes in gender, category, PwD status, Dyslexia or other similar learning disabilities status, choice of the exam paper, and exam city can be made till 1st November 2021.
GATE Registration – What if I forget or misplace my login password for GATE Registration 2022?
If in case a candidate forgets or misplaces their login password, they can follow the below-mentioned steps to regenerate or reset them-
- Visit the GOAPS page and click on the ‘Forgot GATE 2022 Enrolment ID or Registration ID’ button.
- Click on ‘Request for an OTP’ to get a one time password or if the candidate already has an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password.
GATE Registration – Who all are eligible to apply for GATE 2022?
Before applying for the exam, the aspiring candidates must make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for the GATE exam. The following candidates will be considered eligible to apply for GATE 2022 –
- Any candidate belonging to Indian nationality or Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore and United Arab Emirate (UAE).
- Candidates with B.E, B.Tech, and B.Pharma as qualifying degree
- Candidates with B.Arch as a qualifying degree
- Candidates with B.Sc (Research) and B.S courses as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with M.Sc, M.A, MCA, and equivalent courses as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with Integrated M.E and M.Tech (Post B.Sc.) as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with 5-year Integrated M.E and M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) as qualifying education
- Applicants with Integrated M. Sc and Integrated B.S + M.S as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E, B.Tech, and B.Arch) as qualifying degree
Note – There is no guideline specified by the concerned authority regarding the minimum or maximum age requirement for the GATE exam.
Candidates will be able to fill in their preferred exam centres from the following options:
GATE Registration – GATE Exam Centres
|Sonepat||Yamuna Nagar||Rohtak||Greater Noida||Mathura|
|Dhanbad||Jamshedpur||Ranchi||Bokaro Steel City||Dibrugarh|
GATE Registration – FAQs
IIT Kharagpur will be conducting the GATE exam for the year 2022.
The application forms for GATE 2022 has been available from 2nd September 2021.
Q. How can we register for the GATE 2022 exam?
The application forms are to be filled via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). It must be noted that no other portal will be made available for GATE registrations.
The authorities will close the registration window on 28th September 2021. Candidates can submit their forms till 7th October 2021 with INR 500 as late fees.
Q. What is the application fee for GATE registration 2022?
The GATE application fee will vary as per the category and location of the exam centre. Applicants who choose GATE exam centres in India need to pay Rs. 1500 (General Category) and Rs. 750 (Reserved Category). The application fee for GATE registration outside India is USD 100 for Singapore and Dubai and USD 50 for Addis Ababa, Kathmandu, Colombo and Dhaka.
Q. Is there any change in GATE 2022 syllabus?
No new changes have been made in GATE Syllabus 2022, however, two new syllabi have been added for the newly introduced subjects- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE).
Q. Can I give GATE in 2 subjects?
A candidate may appear either in one or two subject papers in GATE 2022. For the candidates who wish to choose 2 papers, the combination must be from the approved list of combinations and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on GATE Exam 2022.