The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K) has opened the GATE registration portal 2023 on 30th August 2022. The application deadline for the same will be till 30th September 2022 (with no late fee). Candidates will be able to apply for GATE 2023 with late fee till 7th October 2022.
The registration process will be conducted in online mode through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates who would like to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2023, can apply online through the official site of IIT-K – gate.iitk.ac.in.
As per the latest update, GATE 2023 will be held on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2023. Candidates must note that only those students’ applications will be deemed eligible and accepted who would satisfy the GATE eligibility criteria. Thus, the aspirants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria defined for the exam thoroughly before registering themselves.
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE 2023 exam.
Aspirants who qualify for the GATE exam will be eligible for admissions into various IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and also for various PSUs recruitments. GATE aspirants must go through the complete article to know the detailed process for GATE registration 2023.
GATE Registration – Important Dates
The official dates for GATE registration and other exam-related events for 2023 have been announced by the concerned authorities. Aspirants can go through the tentative dates given below for reference.
GATE 2023 Events Calendar
|GATE 2023 registration through GOAPS begins
|30th August 2022
|Last date to register and submit the application forms
|30th September 2022
|Last date of application form submission with additional INR 500 late fee (by registered candidates)
|7th October 2023
|Display of defective applications for rectifications
|26th October 2023
|Availability of GATE admit card
|3rd January 2023
|GATE 2023 exam date
|February 4, 5, 11, and 12 (2023)
GATE Registration – How to Register for GATE 2023?
As discussed above, GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) facilitates the registration for GATE 2023 exam. Applicants must fill in and submit their application forms on or before the last day of submission. Applications submitted after the last day of submission will not be entertained and are considered valid by the authorities. Also, before proceeding with the application process, the candidates must ensure that they fall within the defined eligibility parameters for the exam. Ineligible candidates will not be considered for the exam and admission process, and the authorities may also forfeit their admissions at any given point in time.
In order to apply and register for GATE 2023, the candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps-
1. Visit the GATE Online Application Process (GOAPS) website to register for GATE 2023 (the application link will be active from 30 August onwards).
2. Register using name, country of residence, email address and mobile number.
3. After successful registration, a unique login credential (enrollment ID and password) will be generated (candidates must keep their credentials safe for future admission processes).
4. After registration, the GATE application form will be generated.
5. Candidates can then log in to the online portal again using these credentials to proceed with the application filling process.
6. Fill in all the required personal and academic details and the desired choices for GATE papers and three preferred exam centres (all of the chosen exam centres must be in the same zone).
7. Now, upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature, and category certificate (if applicable) in the predefined format.
8. The last step is the payment of the application fee. The application fee is to be paid via an online mode of payment, i.e. using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Format for uploading of scanned images –
Passport Size Photograph:
- The passport-sized photograph should be in colour with a white or very light background.
- Should have been taken after August 1, 2022 and the face of the candidates should occupy 50% of the area in the photograph.
- The face should be clear and the direct camera facing. For students with eyesight issues, only clear glasses will be permitted.
- The photograph should be in JPEG format in the specific dimensions of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a pixel resolution of 480 x 640 and a minimum pixel resolution of 240 x 320.
- The signature must be in capital letters in a rectangular box of 2 cm x 7 cm size on A4 white paper.
- The signature should be done with black or dark blue ink in running handwriting and should be scanned and cropped to the specified dimensions.
- The maximum resolution of the signature must be 160 x 560 pixels and 80 x 280 pixels as the minimum resolution.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
File Size of the Documents to be Uploaded for GATE Registration 2023
|Size in KB
|240 x 320 to 480 x 640
|5KB – 200KB
|3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
|80 x 280 to 160 x 560
|10KB – 300KB
|2 cm x 7 cm
|10KB – 300KB
GATE Registration – GATE Application Fee
For Indian nationals appearing at exam centres in India:
|Late Application Fee
|For all other category candidates
|For ST, SC, PwD, and Female candidates
*Foreign nationals appearing in GATE centres in India need to pay a fee of INR 1700 (regular fee) or INR 2200 (late fee till October 7, 2022).
For foreign nationals appearing at GATE exam centres abroad:
|Late Application Fee
|Singapore and Dubai
|Kathmandu and Dhaka
For Indian nationals appearing at GATE exam centres abroad (irrespective of caste/category):
|Late Application Fee
|Singapore and Dubai
|Kathmandu and Dhaka
GATE Registration – Documents to be Uploaded
The following documents are required to be uploaded by the aspirants during the GATE registration process-
- Declaration for candidates of Jammu and Kashmir (candidates who are unable to obtain documents due to restrictions in the region)
- Details of the valid identity document (the same original ID is to be carried to the examination hall)
- Qualified exam mark sheets and certificates from the Head of the Department or respective Institution
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST), PwD or Dyslexic certificate in PDF format (if applicable)
GATE Registration – How can I check the status of the GATE application form after submission?
In order to check their GATE application status, the candidates will be required to log in to GOAPS using their registered credentials. After logging in, if the status says ‘Under Scrutiny/Under Process’, it means that the authorities are scrutinizing the application forms. This scrutiny process will take a few days after the completion of the application process. After the rectification of the photograph, signature, and uploaded documents, the authorities will send a confirmation of successful submission to the candidates via mail or SMS.
GATE Registration – What is the use of the correction window and how can I access it during GATE Registration 2023?
If in case, any candidate commits any mistake while filling in the details or uploading the required documents or is willing to change any submitted information, he/ she can access the correction window. In order to correct or rectify, the candidates can simply log in to GOAPS using their credentials and make the needed changes. The correction window will be available tentatively as follows –
- Any changes in name, date of birth, details of parents, guardian, correspondence address, college name and location, roll no., or registration number must be done by 11th November 2022.
- Changes in gender, category, PwD status, Dyslexia or other similar learning disabilities status, choice of the exam paper, and exam city can be made till the same date.
GATE Registration – What if I forget or misplace my login password for GATE Registration 2023?
If in case a candidate forgets or misplaces their login password, they can follow the below-mentioned steps to regenerate or reset them-
- Visit the GOAPS page and click on the ‘Forgot GATE 2023 Enrolment ID or Registration ID’ button.
- Click on ‘Request for an OTP’ to get a one time password or if the candidate already has an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password.
GATE Registration – Who all are eligible to apply for GATE 2023?
Before applying for the exam, the aspiring candidates must make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for the GATE exam. The following candidates will be considered eligible to apply for GATE 2023 –
- Any candidate belonging to Indian nationality or Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore and United Arab Emirate (UAE).
- Candidates with B.E, B.Tech, and B.Pharma as qualifying degree
- Candidates with B.Arch as a qualifying degree
- Candidates with B.Sc (Research) and B.S courses as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with B.Sc Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry degrees
- Candidates with B.Sc/B.A./B.Com degrees
- Candidates with M.Sc, M.A, MCA, and equivalent courses as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with Integrated M.E and M.Tech (Post B.Sc.) as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with 5-year Integrated M.E and M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) as qualifying education
- Applicants with Integrated M.Sc and Integrated B.S + M.S as qualifying degrees
- Candidates with Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E, B.Tech, and B.Arch) as qualifying degree
Note – There is no guideline specified by the concerned authority regarding the minimum or maximum age requirement for the GATE exam.
Candidates will be able to fill in their preferred exam centres from the following options:
GATE Registration – GATE Exam Centres
|Bokaro Steel City
For more information about GATE exam 2023 centres, please click here.
GATE Registration – FAQs
Q. Which institute will be conducting the GATE 2023 exam?
IIT Kanpur will be conducting the GATE exam for the year 2023.
Q. When will the authorities release the application forms?
The application forms for GATE 2023 will be available from 30th August 2022 onwards.
Q. How can we register for the GATE 2023 exam?
The application forms are to be filled via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). It must be noted that no other portal will be made available for GATE registrations.
Q. When will the authorities close the registration window for GATE 2023?
The authorities will close the registration window on 30th September 2022. Candidates can submit their forms till 7th October 2022 with INR 500 as late fees.
Q. What is the application fee for GATE registration 2023?
The GATE application fee will vary as per the category and location of the exam centre. Applicants who choose GATE exam centres in India need to pay Rs. 1700 (General Category) and Rs. 850 (Reserved Category). The application fee for GATE registration outside India is USD 200 for Singapore and Dubai and USD 100 for Kathmandu and Dhaka.
Q. Is there any change in GATE 2023 syllabus?
There have been a few changes in GATE Syllabus 2023. Candidates can check the updated GATE syllabus by visiting gate.iitk.ac.in/gate_syllabus.html.
Q. Can I give GATE exam in 2 subjects?
A candidate may appear either in one or two subject papers in GATE 2023. However, the candidates who wish to appear for 2 papers need to select the second paper from a pre-defined two paper combination list.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest education-related updates.