New Delhi, 5 May 2021: Vellore Institute of Technology has rescheduled the date for VITEEE 2021 examination. The VITEEE 2021 exam will take place on May 28, 29, and 31, 2021 in the remote proctored test mode.
- The VITEEE 2021 has been rescheduled to May 28, 29, and 31, 2021 by the VIT authorities
- The exam will be conducted online in remote proctored test mode
- VITEEE is conducted every year for admission to engineering programmes offered by VITs at Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, Vellore, and Bhopal.
The VITEEE 2021 exam will be conducted in three sessions. Each exam will be held for a duration of 2 hour 30 minutes. For more info visit: https://viteee.vit.ac.in/.
Initially, the VITEEE 2021 exam was supposed to be conducted from June 18 to 26, 2021 as a centre-based test. However, due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the country, various entrance examinations have either been postponed/cancelled or changed to remote proctored mode.
Last year, the VITEEE exam was cancelled due to COVID-19 and lockdown, and the admissions to the BTech programme at Vellore Institute of Technology were offered on the basis of Class 12 marks.
Eligibility Criteria – VITEEE 2021
To apply for the VITEEE 2021 exam, candidates must be 12 passed/appearing in this academic year. The aggregate marks needed in PCM/PCB is 60 percent. The minimum marks criteria for the SC/ST candidates hailing from Ladakh/Jammu and Kashmir, North-Eastern states- Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, and Assam is 50 per cent.
How to Apply for VITEEE 2021?
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website, vit.ac.in
- Click on ‘VITEEE 2021 / BTech Admissions 2021 – Apply now’
- Fill in the necessary details in the registration form under the new user section
- Click on ‘Register’ to generate your login user-id and password
Step 2: Apply
- Click on ‘Login’ option on the home page
- Enter the registered email ID, password, and verification code
- Login and fill the VITEEE application form
- Upload documents (if required) and pay the VITEEE application fee