New Delhi, 21 April 2022: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the notification for the Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) yesterday, that is, 20 April 2022. UPSC will hold a written examination on 07 August 2022 for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), respectively.
- The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the commission.
- Candidates can fill out the application form through UPSC’s official website.
- The deadline for the submission of the application form is 10 May 2022.
- The written examination will consist of two papers.
- While Paper- 1 will take place from 10 am to 12 pm, Paper- 2 will take place from 2 pm to 5 pm.
Table of Contents
- UPSC CAPF 2022: Important Dates
- UPSC CAPF 2022: Number of Vacancies
- How to Apply for UPSC CAPF 2022?
- UPSC CAPF 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- UPSC CAPF 2022: Syllabi of the Written Papers
- UPSC CAPF 2022: Application Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UPSC CAPF 2022: Important Dates
|CAPF Notification||20 April 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Registrations Begin||20 April 2022|
|Last Date to apply||10 May 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2022||20 July 2022 (tentative)|
|UPSC CAPF 2022 Exam Date||7 August 2022|
UPSC CAPF 2022: Number of Vacancies
The tentative number of vacancies to be filled from the results of the examination is as follows:
|Border Security Forces (BSF)||66|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||29|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||62|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||14|
|Sashastra Seema Bal
- The number of vacancies mentioned above is subject to change.
- Reservation will be given effect as per the policy of the Govt. 10% of the vacancies are earmarked for ex-servicemen.
How to Apply for UPSC CAPF 2022?
- Candidates are required to visit the official site of UPSC.
- Then, they are required to click on the UPSC CAPF Exam 2022 link available on the home page.
- A new page will open where candidates will have to click on the apply link available.
- Then, they will be required to click on Part-1 registration followed by Part-2 registration.
- Then, they will be required to fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Then, they need to pay the application fees and submit the form.
- Lastly, they can download the form and save it for future reference.
UPSC CAPF 2022: Eligibility Criteria
|Academic qualification||Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any stream are eligible to apply for the posts.|
|Age||A candidate must be born between 2 August 1997 and 1 August 2002.|
|Nationality||No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central
Government signified in writing, can be appointed.
UPSC CAPF 2022: Syllabi of the Written Papers
|Paper- 1: General Ability and Intelligence||1. General Mental Ability
The questions will be designed to test logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude including numerical ability and data interpretation.
2. General Science
The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension, and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation, including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance
The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international
importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and
developmental issues, industry, business, globalization, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy
The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India,
regional and international security issues, and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India
The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic, and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography:
The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
|Paper- 2: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English – totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history, especially the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar, and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF 2022: Application Fee
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200 either by depositing the money in any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) or by using Credit/Debit Card/UPI Payment/Internet Banking of any bank. However, female/SC/ST category candidates have been exempted from fee payment.
To read the official Central Armed Police Forces (CAPS) Examination, 2022 notification, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will be the exam conducted?
The written examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held tentatively on 7th August 2022 and will comprise two papers.
What is the last date for filling out application forms for UPSC CAPF 2022?
The last date for filling out application forms for UPSC CAPF 2022 is 10 May 2022.
What is the academic eligibility required for UPSC CAPF 2022?
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any stream are eligible to apply for the posts.