New Delhi, 07 September 2022, SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022: The State Bank of India (SBI) has released an online application for eligible candidates to fill up more than 5000 vacancies of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre. The candidates, who successfully qualify the preliminary examination, will be eligible to apply for the Main examination which will be followed by a local language test.
According to the notice posted on the official website – sbi.co.in – the online registration for Junior Associates recruitment will end on 27 September 2022. The selected candidates will be designated as Cashier, Customer Support Executive, Depositor, and other such positions depending on the area of posting and nature of work.
Table of Contents
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Syllabus
- SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Salary
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
To apply for SBI Clerk recruitment exam, candidates must submit their applications on the SBI website online from 07 September to 27 September 2022. The preliminary examinations are tentatively scheduled for November 2022.
The applicants are advised to read the important dates regarding SBI Clerk exam 2022:
|Online Application Starting Date||7 September 2022|
|Last Day for Online Application||27 September 2022|
|Pre – Exam Training||October 2022|
|Admit Card (Preliminary)||October 2022|
|Exam Date (Preliminary)||November 2022|
|Result (Preliminary)||November 2022|
|Admit Card (Mains)||December 2022|
|Exam Date (Mains)||January 2023|
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
The selection process of SBI Clerk recruitment includes three stages: preliminary exam, main exam, and local language test.
- Preliminary exam: The candidates have to answer 3 sections of 100 marks each.
- Mains exam: The candidates have to answer 4 sections of 200 marks.
- Local language test: The local language test is conducted to check the proficiency in selected language. The duration of the test will depend on the number of candidates.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates must have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The minimum age limit to apply for the Junior Associates exam is 20 years, whereas the maximum age limit is 28 years.
The candidates can check the complete details regarding the age relaxation criteria for certain categories from the table given below:
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Person with Disabilities (General)||10 years|
|Person with Disabilities (OBC)||13 years|
|Widows/ divorced women/ judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried||7 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-servicemen||Period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years|
Note: Candidates who seek age relaxation are required to give the necessary documents and certificates at the time of joining.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk recruitment exams will be conducted through online mode.
- Preliminary exam: The preliminary exam pattern will include three sections namely: English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- The total number of questions asked in the preliminary exam is 100.
- The marks obtained in preliminary exams are qualifying in nature.
- For each incorrect answer, 1/4th of the marks will be deducted.
- There is no deduction for unattempted questions.
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- Main exam: The main exam pattern will include four sections namely: General /Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude.
- The total number of questions asked in the main exam is 100.
- For each incorrect answer, 1/4th of the marks will be deducted.
- The time duration for General /Financial Awareness and General English is 35 minutes, whereas for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude exams, the time duration is 45 minutes.
- Local Language Test: The candidates who have qualified the preliminary and main exam stages are eligible for the language test. To qualify the test, candidates must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking the selected language.
Note: Candidates who fail to qualify the language test will not be offered the appointment letter.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Syllabus
The SBI Junior Associates (Clerk) online test is mainly focused on preliminary and main exams. The syllabus is formulated to test the ability of candidates to solve the complex questions.
Candidates can check the SBI Junior Associates preliminary and main exam syllabus from the information given below:
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 (Preliminary Exam)
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 (Main Exam)
|General /Financial Awareness||
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||
How to apply for the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 Exam?
The applications must only be submitted online through the registration page of the official website – sbi.co.in.
Candidates are advised to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for SBI Clerk recruitment exam:
Step 1 – Visit the official website’s registration page – sbi.co.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘Current Openings’ tab.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Click here for new registration’ tab.
Step 4 – Fill the registration form by adding relevant details.
- Date of birth
- Mobile number (to be verified through OTP)
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP)
- Aadhaar number
- Information about the board
- Recent photograph and signature in JPEG format.
Step 5 – After successful registration, navigate to the ‘Save & Next’ tab.
Step 6 – You will receive a registration number and password.
Step 7 – Log in with your registration number and password to complete your registration process.
Step 8 – Proceed to add required details, scanned documents, and hand written declaration.
Step 9 – Pay the application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet banking.
Step 10 – Click on ‘Submit’ to successfully end the registration process.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Salary
- The SBI Junior Associates salary is INR 19,900.
- Along with the fixed salary, the candidate will also get other benefits including dearness allowances, travel allowances, house allowances and earned leaves.
For detailed information regarding SBI Clerk recruitment salary, vacancies, eligibility and details, please click here.
Q.1 What is the date of SBI Clerk recruitment 2022 exam?
The preliminary exam will tentatively begin in November 2022.
Q2.What is the application fee for SBI Clerk recruitment 2022 exam?
The application fee for General, Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category is INR 750. The Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Person with Disability (PwD) and Dependents of Ex-Servicemen (DESM) category candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
Q3. Is there a negative marking rule in SBI Clerk recruitment 2022 exam?
Yes, 1/4 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.