New Delhi, 20 January, 2022: The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has postponed the UPPSC Provincial Civil Service (UPPSC PCS) Mains exam due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This exam was supposed to be held from 28 January to 31 January but has now been postponed to 23 to 27 March, 2022. This has been done as candidates are apprehensive of travelling to the examination centres due to the sudden increase in COVID-19 cases across the country.
- The exam was supposed to be conducted in three districts – Prayagraj, Lucknow, and Ghaziabad.
- A total of 6,91,173 candidates had applied for the exam, out of which 3,21,273 appeared in the UPPSC PCS prelims exam. Out of these, 7,688 candidates have qualified the prelims and will now appear for the mains exam.
- Most of the candidates who appeared in the prelims examination had become covid positive. They had submitted a memorandum to the commission and also submitted their respective COVID-positive reports.
UPPSC PCS Exam 2022: Revised Schedule
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) Mains examination will now be held between 23 March and 27 March, 2022.
- The examination will be conducted in two shifts.
- In the first shift, the exam will be held from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- In the second shift, the exam will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Candidates will have to appear at the exam centre allotted to them by the commission and are not allowed to change the exam centre.
Note: The UPPSC PCS main exam registration started on 31 August, 2021 and ended on 10 September, 2021. Candidates are advised to check the official website for further updates.
UPPSC PCS Exam 2022: Pattern
- The UPPSC PCS Mains exam will have a total of eight papers of 1500-marks each.
- Each paper will be for a duration of 3 hours.
- The exam will have a general Hindi and essay writing paper, four general studies subjects, and one optional paper.
- After passing this exam, candidates will be called for further interview rounds.