New Delhi, 8 February 2022 – The Level-2 of the Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teacher (REET) has been cancelled by the state government due to the paper leak that occurred in September 2021. Students have been protesting across the state and demanding a re-examination.
As REET 2021 has become a major controversy in the state, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan – Ashok Gehlot – announced that Level-2 of the REET 2021 examination has been cancelled and that the exam would be conducted again for all candidates. He stated in a press conference, “We will cancel the level 2 of the REET exam 2021, [and] we will conduct this exam again”.
REET 2021 Paper Leak: Details
- The exam was conducted on 26 September 2021; however, two days before the Level-1 exam, the paper was leaked. The paper leak came to light when a candidate arrived at a centre in Ajmer and was found wearing a Bluetooth equipped ‘chappal’.
- After questioning several candidates about the issue, the state police arrested a gang of five people and busted a cheating racket.
- As investigations continued, the chairman of the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE) was terminated immediately due to a lack of fulfillment of duties.
- Several other teachers and administrative staff related to the REET 2021 exam were also fired by the state government.
REET 2021 Paper Leak: Level-2 Exam to be Held Again
- Due to the paper leak, the state government has decided to conduct the exam again.
- Now, the exam will be re-conducted for 62,000 posts instead of the original 32,000 posts. The government has doubled the vacancy to aid the youth of the state.
- Also, two exams will now be conducted instead of one.
- The first is an eligibility examination that will filter the candidates.
- Then, a final examination will be held for the selection of candidates.
- The dates of the exam will be announced soon by the government.
Note: REET Level-2 exam is conducted for the selection of government teachers for classes 6 to 8 in public schools of Rajasthan.