On 13th August 2020, the Law School Admission Council released the LSAT India result online on its official website (discoverlaw.in). Candidates have to use their email ID and password to access their login dashboards to check LSAT India result 2020. LSAC released the LSAT India results in the form of scorecards. Candidates need to download their scorecards of LSAT India and preserve the same until the final admission. Please note that LSAC does not send LSAT India score cards via post or mail.
As the results of LSAT 2020 are released, candidates now must participate in the selection process of their desired institute/s accepting LSAT India scores. Read this article further for more details on LSAT India result 2020.
Table of Contents
- LSAT India Result – Key Highlights
- LSAT India Result – Important Dates
- How to Check LSAT India Result 2020?
- LSAT India Result – Details mentioned on the Scorecard
- LSAT India Result – Scoring Methodology
- LSAT India Result – Re-evaluation of Scores & Answer Sheet
- LSAT India Result – Score Cancellation
- Post-Release of LSAT India Result – Selection Process
- Law Institutes Accepting LSAT India Score for Admission
- LSAT India Result – FAQs
LSAT India Result – Key Highlights
- Law School Admission Council has the authority to release the LSAT India result
- Candidates can check the LSAT India result by accessing the official portal (discoverlaw.in)
- The scores of LSAT India 2020 will be scaled between 420 – 480 points
- LSAC will also evaluate the percentile score using the scaled scores. Candidates can find their percentile score in the scorecard itself
- Each of the LSAT India participating institutes will have their own selection criteria – some might use scaled scores while other institutes may use the percentile score to shortlist candidates for admission
LSAT India Result – Important Dates
Candidates can check the table below to keep track of the schedule for the result of Law School Admission Test for India 2020
Key Dates for LSAT India Result 2020
|Exam date||July 19 – 22, 2020 & July 26, 2020|
|Declaration of LSAT India results||August 13 2020|
*We will be updating the result date in the table above as soon as LSAC notifies the same.
How to Check LSAT India Result 2020?
Candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below to check the result of Law School Admission Test for India:
Step 1 – Visit the official web portal of LSAT India at discoverlaw.in
Step 2 – Click on the relevant link to check the LSAT India result
Step 3 – Enter your login credentials including email ID and password
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Login’ button to enter the dashboard and check the result
Step 5 – Check your LSAT India result and then click on the ‘Download Scorecard‘ link
It is advisable to get multiple printouts of the LSAT India scorecard for future references
LSAT India Result – Details mentioned on the Scorecard
Candidates will come across the following details on the LSAT India scorecard:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Scaled Score (420 – 480)
- Percentile Score
- Qualifying Status
LSAT India Result – Scoring Methodology
Candidates can find the scoring methodology of LSAT India jotted below.
- Law School Admission Council defines the scoring pattern for LSAT India 2020.
- LSAC follows a unique scoring pattern. There is no defined marking scheme per response.
- Candidates will get credit for the correct responses. There is no negative marking in LSAT India.
- LSAC scales the LSAT India score of the examinees within a score range of 420 to 480.
- Moreover, the overall percentile of the candidate will also be displayed in LSAT India scorecard.
LSAT India Result – Re-evaluation of Scores & Answer Sheet
Candidates who are not satisfied with the LSAT India scores awarded to them can apply for rechecking of scores or answer sheets. In order to make a request for LSAT India score re-evaluation, candidates have to fill an online form. In this form, they need to provide certain details such as hall ticket number, name, registration number, etc.
Irrespective of the reason for rechecking or the re-evaluation of result, candidates have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1,500.
LSAT India Result – Score Cancellation
Failing to follow any instructions by the proctor or involvement in any illicit activity invites LSAC to cancel the scores of the candidates. Following activities are treated as misconduct and a reason for the cancellation of LSAT India score:
- Using a mobile phone while taking the exam, regardless of the purpose
- Communicating with anyone during the test
- Speaking aloud during the test
- Leaving the webcam’s view for any case
- Leaving your seat for any purpose
- Attempting to run any software application besides the test application
- Attempting to copy the test material text or record the screen
- Connecting or disconnecting any external storage devices
- Sharing details of the test in any form (oral or written), which includes sharing content on the internet or through any means or media
Post-Release of LSAT India Result – Selection Process
There is no common selection process for admission through LSAT India scores. Different participating institutes conduct their own selection procedure as per their own specified schedule for LSAT India scorecard holders. Candidates can find the details of the selection process on the official website(s) of each participating institute.
Law Institutes Accepting LSAT India Score for Admission
The following colleges/universities/institutes accept the LSAT India score for admission to its various law programmes.
LSAT India Participating Institutes
|S.No||Name of Institute|
|1||O.P. Jindal Global University|
|2||MIT-World Peace University (MIT-WPU), Faculty of Law|
|3||Hindustan Institute of Technology Sciences|
|4||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies|
|6||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|7||Asian Law College|
|8||School of Law and Constitutional Studies, Shobhit Deemed University|
|10||ISBR Law College|
|11||Vivekananda Global University|
|12||GITAM School of Law, GITAM (Deemed to be University)|
|13||Indore Institute of Law|
|14||Kalinga University, Raipur|
|15||Lovely Professional University|
|16||Faculty of Law, Manav Rachna University|
|17||Bennett University (Times of India Group)|
|18||SVKM’s NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law|
|19||IFIM Law School|
|20||Vijaybhoomi School of Law, Vijaybhoomi University|
|21||JLU School of Law|
LSAT India Result – FAQs
✔️ Where can I find the LSAT India result 2020?
Candidates will be able to check their LSAT India result by visiting the official website, i.e. discoverlaw.in. They can download their LSAT India scorecards too through the same portal.
✔️ When will the LSAC release the LSAT India result?
Candidates can expect the result of the ‘Law School Admission Test for India 2020’ to be released a few weeks after the exam. LSAC is yet to notify the official release date of the result. Keep visiting this page to catch the latest updates about LSAT India result declaration date.
✔️ Can I apply for the rechecking of the LSAT India answer sheet?
Yes, candidates can apply for rechecking as well as the revaluation of the LSAT India answer sheet. However, a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1,500 will be applicable, irrespective of the reason and outcome of rechecking.
✔️ For how long is the LSAT India score valid?
The LSAT-India score remains valid for a maximum period of 5 years. However, candidates must check with the preferred law college/s accepting LSAT India score. Participating institutes have their own selection criteria and they also determine the LSAT scorecard validity as per their own process.
✔️ Can I take a retest if my LSAT India score gets cancelled?
Candidates will not be offered a retest if their score has been cancelled due to any reason. Hence, it is advisable to abide by the rules and regulations amended by LSAC.