New Delhi, 2 June 2021 – With the cancellation of CBSE and ISC Class 12 board exams 2021, students are clueless regarding the JEE, NEET 2021 exam dates. Currently, the primary query that is surfacing from student bodies is regarding the status of JEE Main and NEET 2021 exam dates, and whether they will be conducted in July and August respectively?
Note: NTA has activated the official website for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2021 along with the notice “Online application form will be available soon.”
JEE Main 2021 – Latest Update
Due to the increase in coronavirus cases during April and May of 2021, NTA was forced to postpone the last two exam sessions (April and May) of JEE Main 2021. However, after the cancellation of the Class 12 board exams, it is now expected that the decision on the new exam dates of JEE Main 2021 for the upcoming sessions could be announced anytime soon.
- On 23rd May 2021, it was announced that the major competitive entrance examinations including JEE and NEET UG 2021 will be conducted amid the pandemic.
- Although the exact dates of the exams have not been released yet, the new dates of the two deferred JEE Main exam sessions will be announced soon.
- The final JEE Main 2021 exam date will be announced on the official website – www.jeemain.nta.nic.in at least 15 days before the exam.
- The registration schedule for the JEE Main May Session will also be announced at a later stage.
NEET UG 2021 – Latest Update
- Around 2 months back, NTA had announced the schedule of NEET 2021. Although NEET-UG 2021 was announced to be held on 1st August in offline mode and the registration process was to begin from April 2021, NTA kept on deferring the application schedule due to the second wave of COVID.
- As per the latest update (2nd June 2021), NTA has activated the NEET 2021 official website – www.neet.nta.nic.in. The NEET application form 2021 along with its information brochure is expected to be released soon.
As per the update on the official website, “NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST, NEET (UG) – 2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on Sunday, the 1st August 2021 in Pen & Paper mode in 11 languages, as a uniform entrance examination for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/ BUMS/BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental /AYUSH and other Colleges/ Deemed Universities /Institutes (AIIMS & JIPMER) in India, as per Section 14 of The National Medical Commission (NMC) Act, 2019 and relevant Graduate Medical Education Regulations (GMER) 1997, as amended from time to time.”
Speculations by Experts
While several exam updates are still awaited, many experts are of the opinion that the JEE Main and NEET-UG 2021 exams might be preponed and be conducted before August. As the tug-of-war between holding the Class 12 boards examination or cancelling the same has finally come to an end, it is most likely that a fast-track admission process might be implemented. Hence, conducting the two major entrance exams before time is being considered a plausible case.
Candidates are requested to keep an eye on the upcoming updates regarding the JEE Main and NEET 2021 dates.