The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced that the National Eligibility cum Eligibility Test (NEET 2021) will be conducted on 1 August 2021 in 11 languages, in pen and paper mode. Just like the last year, NEET 2021 will be conducted in strict adherence to COVID-19 guidelines. Candidates who are looking forward to appearing for the NEET 2021 exam must keep a check on the official website – https://ntaneet.nic.in. The NEET application form 2021 will release on the same website.
NEET (UG) – 2021 pic.twitter.com/vetC5ozo6n— National Testing Agency (@DG_NTA) March 12, 2021
Table of Contents
NEET UG 2021 – Important Points
- NEET 2021 WILL NOT be conducted twice a year.
- As per the notice released by NTA, in addition to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and veterinary seats, the scores of NEET 2021 may even be used for nursing admissions. The notification mentions, “The Result of NEET (UG) – 2021 may be utilised by other Entities of Central/State Governments (including Indian Nursing Council/ Nursing Colleges/ Schools, JIPMER) for counselling / admission to relevant courses [including B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc. (Life Sciences)] in accordance with their rules / norms / guidelines.” However, a final clarification on nursing admission through NEET exam is still pending.
NEET Registration 2021 – Documents and Details Required
Applicants must keep the scanned copies of the following documents and certain other details ready before filling the NEET application form 2021:
- Class 10 and Class 12 certificates and mark sheets
- Applicant’s name, father’s and mother’s name, roll number, date of birth, and other details, as mentioned in the Class 10 and 12 marksheets
- Aadhaar card, passport, ration card
- Scanned images of passport-size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression
- Details of credit/debit card, net banking, or UPI payment gateway