New Delhi, 13 December 2021 – During the Phase-I of IIT placements, the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) has set a record by receiving more than 1600 job offers. Being touted as the largest number of placements among all IITs in 2021, IIT Kharagpur achieved this within 10 days of beginning the placement drive.
Among the 1600+ placement offers made to the IIT Kharagpur, the highest stands at INR 2.4 crore. Not only that, but 22 other students from the premier institute have received package offers in the CTC range of INR 90 lakh to 2.4 crore.
Due to the avid interest shown by recruiters, IIT Kharagpur has already concluded the first phase of placement for this year on December 11. The second placement phase is scheduled to start in the second week of January 2022.
Regarding the numerous placement offers received, Prof. A Rajakumar (the Chairman of Career Development Centre, IIT Kharagpur), thanked the recruiters for their “wonderful cooperation and said that they look forward to nourish the relationship and expedite more.”
IIT Kharagpur Placement 2021 – Major Points
- IIT Kharagpur students bagged over 22 offers in the CTC range of Rs 0.9 – 2.4 crore. Out of these, over 10 offers were made by domestic companies.
- The total number of international offers received by students are more than 35.
- More than 245 companies have participated in the first phase of the placement season; thus, contributing to this milestone.
- This year, companies across all sectors including software, high-level coding, analytics, consulting, banking/finance, core engineering companies, high frequency trading, and more, have participated in the process. These include companies like Google, Microsoft, Micron Technology, Uber, Honeywell, Excel and many other valuable partners.
- The average number of hires per company has also increased, leading to an overall increase in the number of offers per day.