Railway Recruitment Board will release the RRB NTPC Answer key 2020 on its official website after the completion of the exam. RRB has officially announced that the RRB NTPC exam will take place from 15th December 2020. Along with the answer key, the RRB authority will also release the question papers, response sheets and objection tracker.
Question papers and RRB NTPC answer keys vary for all the shifts. Candidates who have attended the exam can calculate their scores based on the answers provided in the answer key sheet.
The answer key consists of the correct answers to every question asked in the RRB NTPC question paper. Candidates dissatisfied with one or more solutions can challenge the RRB NTPC answer key. However, the submission of objection/s has to be done in a specified format and within the dates specified by RRB authority. The authority releases the final answer key after thoroughly considering the objections raised on the provisional answer key with the submitted proof.
Candidates seeking information about RRB NTPC answer key 2020 can find in-depth details in this article.
Table of Contents
- RRB NTPC Answer Key – Important Dates
- RRB NTPC Answer Key – Process of Downloading
- How to Calculate Score Using RRB NTPC Answer Key?
- RRB NTPC Answer Key – Raising Objections/Challenging Answer Keys
- RRB NTPC 2020 Result
- RRB NTPC Answer Key – FAQs
- What is the release date of the RRB NTPC answer key?
- Where can I check the RRB NTPC answer key?
- Do I get to know the response of my answers?
- Do I need to pay to submit objections against the RRB NTPC answer key?
- Is there negative marking in the RRB NTPC exam?
- What is the medium to raise an objection against RRB NTPC answer key?
RRB NTPC Answer Key – Important Dates
RRB has not announced the release date of RRB NTPC answer key 2020 yet. However, the authority is expected to publish the official date in due time.
RRB NTPC Answer Key Schedule
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (CBT Stage 1)||From 15th December 2020|
|RRB NTPC Exam date (CBT Stage 2)||To be Announced|
|Release date of provisional RRB NTPC answer key 2020||To be Announced|
|Last date to file objections on the answer key||To be Announced|
|Release of final RRB NTPC answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of RRB NTPC result 2020||To be Announced|
RRB NTPC Answer Key – Process of Downloading
Once the RRB authority releases the RRB NTPC answer key for 2020, candidates can check and download it through online mode. Candidates need to follow these basic steps to download the answer key:
- Visit the zonal RRB websites or official RRB NTPC website (www.rrbcdg.gov.in)
- Click on ‘Download Answer Key Link’
- A login page will open
- Enter Registration Number, Date of Birth and CAPTCHA code
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Candidates will be able to see the answer key of the online RRB NTPC exam after successful login
- Download the RRB NTPC answer key PDF and take a printout of it for future purpose
How to Calculate Score Using RRB NTPC Answer Key?
The RRB NTPC answer key is the most important document for candidates to calculate their probable scores. The process to calculate scores is as follows:
- Open both the response sheet and the answer key
- Compare the answers recorded in the response sheet with the right answer mentioned in the answer key
- For every right answer, assign one mark, and for every incorrect answer, deduct (-0.33) mark (according to official marking scheme)
- Count the number of correct and incorrect answers separately
- Finally, apply the below formula to arrive at a probable score
|(1 Correct Question X +1 mark) – (3 Incorrect Questions X -1 mark) = RRB NTPC Score|
Note: Response sheet can be downloaded from the official website alongside the admit card (link will be provided once the response sheet is uploaded by RRB)
RRB NTPC Marks Distribution
Let’s first look into the section-wise distribution of questions in the RRB NTPC exam.
RRB NTPC CBT Stage 1 – Section-wise Weightage of Questions
|Number of Sections||Section||Number of Questions in Each Section|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
RRB NTPC Marking Scheme
Candidates will get 4 options for every question. For every correct answer, they will be awarded 1 mark. However, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Type of Answers||Marks Allotted|
|Wrong Answer||1/3 mark deducted for every wrong answer
RRB NTPC Answer Key – Raising Objections/Challenging Answer Keys
RRB NTPC Answer key 2020 will be released by RRB after the exam is held. This answer key is provisional in nature.
Candidates can challenge or place their objections against the RRB NTPC provisional answer key via the official RRB website i.e., www.rrbcdg.gov.in. To file challenges/objection(s) against the RRB NTPC answer key, they need to pay a processing fee of Rs. 50/- (for each challenged question) through the online medium.
|1 Objection/Challenged Question = Rs. 50/-
2 Objections/Challenged Questions = 2 x Rs. 50 = Rs. 100/-
Please note that the authority will only accept the objections in online mode. Besides, no challenge shall be entertained without the receipt of the processing fee.
The candidates must submit proofs (mentioning the authenticity) in support of their claims via official email ID. They would also have to pay the required amount via credit card or debit card or online/net banking. RRB will cross-check the challenged questions/objections filed by the candidates.
How to File Objection/s against RRB NTPC Answer Key 2020?
- Visit the Zonal website of RRB
- Select your RRB zone and click on it
- Candidates will be redirected to the RRB NTPC login page to open the answer key
- Enter the asked RRB NTPC login details User ID and password (date of birth)
5. Click on Login
6. A new window will open
7. Click on the ‘+’ tab to raise an objection
8. Click on the question ID for which you wish to raise the objection
9. Upload the documents supporting or justifying the objections
10. Enter the explanation or reason for objection in the ‘Remarks’ column
11. Check the question ID, status and options carefully
12. Submit the RRB NTPC objection form
13. Pay the objection fee. If the claim/s is/are proven correct, the objection fee will be refunded by RRB
- Maximum 3 supporting documents can be uploaded for an objection or question in PDF/JPG/JPEG format. None should exceed the file size of 400 KB.
- Candidates can raise objections for 1 question at a time
- Objection details can be filled only in English/ Hindi language
RRB NTPC 2020 Result
RRB NTPC result will be released on the official website of RRB. Candidates would be required to enter their User ID and Password (provided during the RRB NTPC application process) to access their result cards. RRB will not send the result cards to candidates to their registered addresses. Buddy4Study advises candidates to keep a copy of the result safe for further use.
RRB NTPC – Key Highlights
Candidates who have registered and applied for RRB NTPC 2020 exam can review the necessary information with the key highlights projected in the table below:
|Name of Examination||RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) posts (UG & PG posts)|
|Recruitment Board||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Advertisement Number||Cen 01/2019|
|RRB Recruitment Official Website||www.rrcb.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Total Vacancies||Around 35208|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date Stage 1 CBT||From 15th December 2020|
|Credentials required to download RRB NTPC Admit Card||Registration ID
Date of Birth
|Compulsory documents to carry on exam day||Admit Card
2 Passport Size Coloured Photograph
Valid Photo ID Proof
|Duration of RRB NTPC Exam Stage 1 CBT||1 hour 30 minutes or 90 minutes
2 hours or 120 minutes for PwBD candidates with a scribe
|Timing of RRB NTPC Exam||Shift 1 – 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Shift 2 – 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM
Shift 3 – 4:00 PM to 05:30 PM
RRB NTPC Answer Key – FAQs
What is the release date of the RRB NTPC answer key?
The release date of RRB NTPC Answer key 2020 has not been announced yet. RRB will declare it via their official website in due time.
Where can I check the RRB NTPC answer key?
The answer key will be made available by RRB authority on their official website.
Do I get to know the response of my answers?
Yes. You can know the responses to your answers by downloading the response sheet, which will be made available by the authority after the completion of the RRB NTPC exam.
Do I need to pay to submit objections against the RRB NTPC answer key?
Yes. To submit objections against the answer key, candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 50 per challenged question along with the proof of objection.
Is there negative marking in the RRB NTPC exam?
Yes. There is negative marking in the exam. 1 mark will be deducted for every 3 incorrect answers.
What is the medium to raise an objection against RRB NTPC answer key?
Candidates can raise objection/s against the RRB NTPC answer key online through the official RRB website. Upon opening the official website page, click on the objection link to file your objection/s against the doubtful question/s. Kindly check the elaborate process in the article above.
In case of any doubts or queries regarding RRB NTPC Answer Key, feel free to comment below.