New Delhi, 05 January, 2022: The Delhi Teachers’ University (DTU) Bill has been passed by the Delhi Legislative Assembly on 04 January, 2021. The aim of the bill is to build a world-class teachers’ training university offering programmes like Bachelor of Arts – Bachelor of Education (BA-BEd) and Bachelor of Science – Bachelor of Education (BSc-BEd).
The proposal for the university was already in talks since December 2021 and the final bill was introduced by Deputy Chief Minister – Manish Sisodia – on 03 January, 2021. The bill has now been passed and the Delhi Teachers’ University is approved by the Delhi assembly.
DTU Bill 2022 – Details
- The Delhi Teachers’ University (DTU) intends to set a benchmark in teachers’ training and improve the quality of education.
- As per the plans, DTU is all set to be built on 12 acres of land in Bakkarwala village in West Delhi. DTU will also include lecture halls, digital labs, and a library with world-class facilities for 5000 students.
- The Deputy Chief Minister has ordered the officials to speed up the construction work so that the sessions could be started without any further delay.
- Students of the university will be required to collaborate with Delhi government schools for the duration of their courses and get real-time experience with a special focus on research.
- Students will also be given an opportunity to engage with teachers from across the world during conferences and interactive sessions, which will be led by experienced experts.
- The Delhi Teachers’ University will also collaborate with well-known national and international institutes to learn about the best and most-effective teaching techniques.
DTU Bill 2022 – Benefits
- The Delhi Teachers’ University Bill will help improve school infrastructure and education standards.
- The Delhi Teachers’ University Bill will also contribute to the training of teachers, so that they can be better equipped and skilled in teaching. It will pave the way for world-class training of teachers by way of theoretical classes as well as practical, hands-on teaching experience in Delhi government schools.
DTU Bill 2022 – Budget
Earlier, the Delhi government’s budget for teachers’ training was INR 10 crore. Now, it has been increased to INR 100 crore. Moreover, teachers and principals of government schools were earlier expected to be from top-tier institutions from India and abroad. However, now, they can be trained in the Delhi Teachers’ University to facilitate a higher-level of school education in Delhi.