New Delhi, 26 May 2022: With over 9.14 lakh registrations at its introductory stage, the Common University Entrance Exam 2022 (CUET UG 2022 exam) has officially become the second biggest entrance examination in India after the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET-UG). Students from 87 universities have registered for the CUET UG exam 2022. As per the National Testing Agency, the examination will be held in July.
Since the exam is only a few weeks away, now is the best time to craft a CUET preparation plan so that students can perform well and get admission in the central universities of their choice.
This article focuses on the various strategies that must be kept in mind to prepare well within the remaining time. Students who wish to appear for CUET 2022 must have a meticulous study plan. To make it easier for them to prepare efficiently for the exam, we present a well-structured CUET preparation strategy.
Table of Contents
- 1. Stay Well-Versed with CUET UG 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- 2. Practice CUET UG 2022 Mock Tests
- 3. Follow a Timetable for CUET UG 2022 Exam Preparation
- 4. Choose the Right Study Material for CUET UG 2022 Exam Preparation
- 5. Keep Revising for CUET UG 2022 Exam
- 6. Keep Health in Check for CUET UG 2022 Exam
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Stay Well-Versed with CUET UG 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Syllabus
|Section 1A & 1B||Language to be tested through reading comprehension (based on different types of passages – Factual, Literary, and Narrative, Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary)|
|Section 2||As given on the NTA website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in.|
|Section 3||General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/statistics taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning|
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Pattern
- CUET UG 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- There are three sections in the design of the test:
- Section 1A – 13 languages
- Section 1B – 20 languages
- Section 2 – 27 domain-specific subjects
- Section 3 – General test
- A candidate has the option to choose any language/domain-specific subjects/general test or a combination for admission to a specified course in the desired university while applying.
- It is not mandatory to choose any one or more of the tests/subjects stated above.
Note: To view the syllabus for domain-specific subjects, please click here.
After having clarity on the above-mentioned aspects, students can then refer to the following tricks and techniques to prepare, and subsequently, perform well in the CUET UG 2022 exam. Based on the CUET UG 2022 pattern, most of the topics are based on the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Class 12 syllabus, as the exam will be conducted right after the Class 12 board exams. The following pointers must be kept in mind while
The question paper will be divided into three major sections:
- Section 1A & 1B and Section 2 (to be answered in 45 minutes each)
- Section 3 (to be answered in 60 minutes)
Section 1A and 1B
- The first section of the CUET 2022 exam is divided into two parts.
- Section 1A will contain 13 languages
- Section 1B will contain 19 languages.
- Students are required to choose the languages based on their knowledge in order to make their chances of scoring marks in the exams higher.
- Choosing a language in which their expertise lies will make the process of preparing for the exam easier for the students.
- For this round, the candidates must be well-versed with the language scripture and also have an idea about the finer details.
- Candidates must be aware of the grammar as every language has its unique grammar. So, the candidate should have a good understanding of grammar in written and verbal usage.
- The focus of the students should be on developing reading comprehension skills.
- The second section includes 27 domain-specific subjects.
- Students are required to opt for a maximum of two subjects, which are required to be on similar lines to the language-specific subject from Section 1A and 1B and the course for which the students are applying.
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) syllabus will be followed for these subjects, which is why it is important that students choose the subjects based on their knowledge and their chances of scoring good marks.
The third section of the exam covers the general test where students will be tested on their knowledge of the following:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
Students are advised to prepare thoroughly based on the topics mentioned above in the following manner:
- Candidates must begin their preparation with arithmetics.
- They must concentrate on 1-2 books only to avoid confusion.
- They must practice improving their calculation speed.
- They must write down all important formulas and important questions in one place.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Candidates must read the newspaper daily for current affairs.
- They must be aware of the day-to-day national and international events.
Logical Reasoning (Logical & Analytical Reasoning and General Mental Ability):
- Candidates must start with topics like missing numbers, decoding, etc.
- After completing basic reasoning, they can start learning critical reasoning.
- They must practice solving complex questions.
2. Practice CUET UG 2022 Mock Tests
- Students are advised to focus on practicing more critical thinking questions since the exams are based on multiple choice-based questions (MCQs).
- Students are required to attempt as many CUET UG 2022 mock tests as possible.
- Appearing for mock tests will enable the students to manage their time when attempting CUET UG 2022 exam papers.
- Appearing for mock tests will also help the students in learning about their strong and weak areas, and enable them to get an idea about the important sections.
3. Follow a Timetable for CUET UG 2022 Exam Preparation
Preparing a timetable is an important aspect of CUET UG 2022 exam preparation. Students can adhere to the following steps while preparing a timetable:
- Figure out every aspect of the study topics that need to be covered.
- Do not forget to keep some regular time for recreational activities and sports as one cannot study continuously without taking a break.
- Taking exams might lead to stress and anxiety if one does not have proper study time. With a timetable at hand, students can minimize stress regarding the CUET UG 2022 exam and maximize productivity by scoring well.
4. Choose the Right Study Material for CUET UG 2022 Exam Preparation
As the CUET UG 2022 exam is being held for the first time, students must know their Class 12 syllabus thoroughly. Apart from the Class 12 syllabus, students must also brush up on their basic concepts related to the syllabus. The following table consists of the books that students can use to prepare for the exam:
|1||General English||High School English Grammar||Wren and Martin,
S Chand Publishing
|2||General Hindi||Idioms, Phrases & Proverbs with Hindi Meanings||H S Bhatia, Ramesh Publishing House|
|3||General Awareness||General Knowledge 2021-22||Manohar Pandey, Arihant Publications
Disha’s Rapid General Knowledge by Disha Experts
|4||Analytical Ability||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal, S Chand Publishing|
|5||Numerical Ability||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination||RS Agarwal, S Chand Publishing
Complete Mathematics by Lucent
5. Keep Revising for CUET UG 2022 Exam
- Candidates are advised to keep revising all the topics by making a strategic plan to cover those topics.
- Candidates must revise the topics of the subjects that they find more difficult first.
- Practicing mock test papers is the most efficient way of checking one’s progress.
6. Keep Health in Check for CUET UG 2022 Exam
- To come out with flying colors in the CUET UG 2022 exam, candidates must ensure that they get 7-8 hours of sleep every night as proper sleep results in high productivity and performance during exams.
- Moreover, candidates are also advised to keep their health in check as it is only through a healthy body that a healthy mind can function well during exams.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the CUET UG 2022 exam be conducted?
The CUET UG 2022 exam is all set to be conducted in the first or second week of July 2022.
What will be the timings of the CUET UG 2022 exam?
The CUET UG 2022 exam will be conducted in two slots. The first slot will be held from 9 am to 12.15 pm and the second slot will be held from 2.30 pm to 6.45 pm.
Where can the students find the subject-wise syllabus for the CUET UG 2022 exam?
Students can find the subject-wise syllabus for the CUET UG 2022 exam by clicking on cuet.samarth.ac.in./index.php/site/syllabus.