CUET PG Entrance Exam 2022 | CUET PG Application Form | CUET PG Admission | CUET PG 2022 Syllabus | CUET PG Sample Paper | Central University Entrance Test CUET Registration 2022
Table of Contents
- What is CUET PG 2022 Exam?
- CUET PG 2022 – Details
- CUET PG 2022 – Exam Dates
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Overview Table
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Application Process
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Application Fee Details
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Eligibility
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Pattern and Other Details
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Reservation
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Syllabus
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Participating Universities
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Admit Card Details
- CUET PG 2022 Exam – Answer Keys, Result, and Admission
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is CUET PG 2022 Exam?
The Central Universities Entrance Test Postgraduate (CUET PG 2022) is a national-level entrance examination for admission to postgraduate (PG) courses at participating universities and colleges across the country. It has been introduced to reduce the high cut-off standards, which have been prevalent till now in top central universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Central University of Punjab, and Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Until now, each central university had a distinct mechanism for facilitating admissions into their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. In order to unify this process, the Ministry of Education has introduced the CUET exam which will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) as a common exam for admissions into all the central universities of India.
CUET PG 2022 – Details
- The CUET PG 2022 exam will provide a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the country, especially those from rural and other remote areas.
- This examination will also enable the candidates to be a part of the admissions process to various central universities.
- This examination also aims to improve equity and quality in education by administering research-based, valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair, and international level assessments.
- Through this examination, the current gaps in the existing assessment systems will be properly identified and rectified accordingly.
- Now, with the CUET PG 2022 exam, students can trust their ability to crack the common entrance test to take admissions into the top central universities in India.
CUET PG 2022 – Exam Dates
- The CUET PG will be conducted for two hours (120 minutes).
- The exam will be held in two shifts- shift 1 (10:00 am to 12:00 pm) and shift 2 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm).
- The CUET PG 2022 exam date will be announced later on the official website.
- The CUET PG 2022 admit card 2022 will be released on the official website as well.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Overview Table
|Online submission of application form||19 May to 18 June 2022 (up to 11:50 pm.)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI||19 June 2022|
|Correction in particulars of application form||20 June to 22 June 2022|
|Downloading of admit cards||Will be announced later on website|
|Date of examination||Will be announced later on website|
|Duration||120 minutes (2:00 Hrs)|
|Timing of examination||Shift-1: From 10 am to 12 pm
Shift-2: From 3 pm to 5 pm
|Language of the paper||English & Hindi or language-specific in
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Application Process
Step 1: Registration Form
- Candidates are required to register using the online application form and note down the system-generated application number.
- Candidates should provide all the required details while filling out the online application form and are also required to create a password and choose a security question and enter his/her answer.
- After successful submission of personal details, an application number will be generated and will be used to complete the remaining steps of the application form. It will also be required for all future reference/correspondence.
- For subsequent logins, the candidates can log in directly with the respective system-generated application number and created password.
Step 2: Application Form
- The candidates can log in with the system-generated application number and pre-create password for completing the application form including filling up personal details, applying for the paper, choosing the examination cities, providing the details of educational qualifications, and uploading the images and documents (if any).
Instructions for uploading images of photograph and signature:
- Candidates are required to upload scanned images of photographs and signatures.
- The recent photograph should be either in color or black & white with 80% face (withoutmask) visible including ears against a white background.
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format (clearly legible).
Step 3: Fee Payment
- After completing step 1 and step 2, the candidates have to pay the requisite examination fee. The fee can be submitted only online through net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, or paytm services.
- The confirmation page of the online application form will be generated only after successful payment by the candidate.
- In case the confirmation page is not generated after payment of the fee, then the candidate may have to approach the concerned bank/payment gateway for ensuring the successful payment or for obtaining the refund of duplicate/multiple payments.
- Lastly, the candidates need to download, save, and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form (which would be downloadable only after successful remittance of the fee) for future reference.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Application Fee Details
|Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)/General – Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Rs. 600|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Third Gender||Rs. 550|
|Person with Benchmark Disability (PwBD)||Rs. 500|
Note: To read more about the application fee details, please refer to the information bulletin here.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Eligibility
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing in the CUET PG 2022 exam.
- The candidates who have passed the bachelor degree/equivalent examination or appearing in 2022 irrespective of their age can appear in CUET PG 2022 examination.
- For admission to universities through CUET PG 2022, the existing policies regarding quota, category, relaxation, reservations, qualification, subject combinations, preferences, etc., of the respective university shall be applicable.
- As the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for every university, the candidates are advised to visit the university website to which they are applying for their respective programs.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the eligibility criteria laid down by the university to which they are applying.
Note: Mere appearance in the entrance test or securing passing marks on the test does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the program unless he/she fulfills the program-wise eligibility conditions of the university they are applying to.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Pattern and Other Details
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Mode
CUET (PG) 2022 will be conducted in Computer-Based Test mode only.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Pattern
- PART-A will consist of 25 objective questions (MCQs) and will include English, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, and Analytical Skills.
- PART-B will consist of 75 objective questions (MCQs) from the Teaching Aptitude.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Medium
CUET PG 2022 will be conducted in English and Hindi (Bilingual) except for language and sahitya (literature) papers.
Note: Candidates must note that for the correctness of the questions in all the question papers except languages, the English version will be taken as final.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Structure
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Marking Scheme
i)Each question carries 4 marks.
ii) For each correct response, the candidate will get 4 marks.
iii) For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
iv) Un-answered/un-attempted response will be given no marks.
v) To answer a question, the candidate needs to choose one option as the correct option.
vi) However, after the process of challenges of the answer key, in case there are multiple correct options or changes in the key, only those candidates who have attempted it correctly as per the revised answer key will be awarded marks.
vii) In case a question is dropped due to some technical error, full marks shall be given to all the candidates irrespective of the fact whether having attempted it or not.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Reservation
- Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Government of India.
- The categories and the extent of reservation are as given below.
- However, the reservation policy of the respective university shall be applicable.
For Candidates Claiming to GEN-EWS Category
GEN-EWS certificate would be required at the time of counseling which should have been issued on or after 01 January 2022 in consonance with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
For Candidates Claiming to OBC-NCL Category
OBC-NCL certificate (Annexure-II) would be required at the time of counseling which should have been issued on or after 01 January 2022 in consonance with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
For Candidates Claiming to SC/ST Category
Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate would be required at the time of counseling which is in consonance with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
Note: Candidates can click here to download the respective reservation forms.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Syllabus
To check the detailed and subject-wise CUET PG 2022 exam syllabus, candidates can click here.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Participating Universities
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Central University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of South Bihar Central University
- Central University of Gujarat Central University
- Central University of Haryana Central University
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh Central University
- Central University of Jammu Central University
- Central University of Jharkhand Central University
- Central University of Karnataka Central University
- Central University of Kashmir Central University
- Central University of Kerala Central University
- Central University of Odisha Central University
- Central University of Punjab Central University
- Central University of Rajasthan Central University
- Central University of Tamil Nadu Central University
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Amarkantak and IGNTU-Regional Centre Manipur Central University
- Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya Central University
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Central University
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University Central University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Central University
- Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya Central University
- Manipur University Central University
- North Eastern Hill University Central University
- Pondicherry University Central University
- Sikkim University Central University
- Tezpur University Central University
- The English and Foreign Languages University Central University
- Tripura University Central University
- University of Hyderabad Central University
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University Central University
- Central Sanskrit University Central University
- National Sanskrit University Central University
- B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics University State University
- Madan Mohan Malviya University of Technology State University National Rail and Transport Institute Deemed University Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University State University Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya State University
- Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice State University
- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Central University
- Apex University State University
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Admit Card Details
- The e-admit card would be issued provisionally to the candidates through the NTA website.
- The candidate will appear in the examination at the given centre on the date and shift/timing as indicated in his/her e-admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on the date and shift/time other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
- In case a candidate is unable to download the admit card from the website, he/she should use the NTA helpline number: 011-40759000 or 011-69227700 between 10 am and 5 pm.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and strictly follow them during the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signature shown on the e-admit card and confirmation page, the candidate may immediately approach the NTA helpline between 10 am and 5 pm.
- In such a case, the candidate would appear in the examination with the already downloaded admit card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
- The date of downloading the admit card for the exam will be announced on the NTA website.
- The candidates must remember that the admit cards will not be sent by post.
- In no case a duplicate admit card for CUET PG 2022 exam would be issued at the examination centers.
- The candidates must not pose any damage to the admit card or change any entry made therein.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their admit cards in good condition for future reference.
- No admit card shall be issued to the candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/doubtful photographs/unsigned applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Issue of admit cards shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be further evaluated at subsequent stages of the admission process.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Answer Keys, Result, and Admission
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Answer Keys, Result
- The NTA will display the provisional answer key of the questions on the NTA website with a public notice, issued to this effect on the website to provide an opportunity to the candidates to challenge the provisional answer keys with a non-refundable online payment of ₹200/- per question challenged as processing charges.
- Only paid challenges made during stipulated time through the key challenge link will be considered.
- Challenges without justification/evidence and those filed on any other medium other than the prescribed link will not be considered.
- The NTA decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be
- NTA will not inform the candidates individually about the outcome of the challenges made.
- The subject experts will examine all the challenges received and then a final answer key will be displayed and declared.
- The result will be compiled based on the final answer key declared.
- No grievance with regard to the answer key(s) after the declaration of result/NTA score of CUET PG 2022 will be entertained.
- NTA will display the recorded responses and question paper attempted by the candidates on the NTA website cuet.samarth.ac.in prior to the declaration of the result/NTA score.
CUET PG 2022 Exam – Admission
- Merely appearing in CUET PG 2022 does not confer any right to the candidate for admission to the desired university.
- The selection and admission are subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in the merit list, medical fitness, verification of original documents, and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the university of choice.
- Admissions are handled at the level of each of the Central Universities (CUs) for their respective programs.
- After the declaration of the CUET PG 2022 exam, the respective universities will declare the counseling/admission schedule and merit list based on the CUET PG 2022 exam score and the other criteria of the respective university.
- For all admission related procedures/queries, the candidates are advised to refer to the website of the applied university after the declaration of the result of the CUET PG 2022 exam.
- NTA does not have any role in the preparation of the merit list.
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CUET PG 2022 EXAM, REFER TO THE DETAILED INFORMATION BULLETIN HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can students apply for CUET PG 2022?
Students can submit their online application form for CUET PG 2022 at cuet.samarth.ac.in. Candidates who wish to appear for CUET are advised to go through the prospectus of the desired university/universities/participating institution.
What documents or certificates do students need to upload along with the CUET PG 2022 application form?
Candidates need to upload the following with the application form: scanned images of photograph and signature, certificates in respect of PwD/Category/BPL certificate as applicable. The documents/certificates shall be verified directly at the time of admission by the university.
When will the CUET PG 2022 exam be held?
The dates of the CUET PG 2022 exam are yet to be announced.
When will the CUET PG 2022 exam result be out?
The CUET PG 2022 exam results will be announced later on the website cuet.samarth.ac.in.
How will the students get their CUET PG 2022 admit card?
The CUET PG 2022 exam admit card will be uploaded on the NTA website: cuet.nta.nic.in as per the schedule communicated through the website.