Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) declares the CTET result on its official web portal (cbseresults.nic.in). Candidates can check their result online by entering their login credentials (generated during CTET registration). The board is yet to update the release date of CTET 2020 result. However, it is expected to be announced within six weeks of the examination. The result for Paper I and Paper II is released separately. The scorecard of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test comprises section-wise marks along with the qualifying status of candidates.
Details given on the result of CTET include name of the candidate, father’s and mother’s name, roll number, category, section-wise & overall score of the candidates, qualifying status, percentage of marks, etc. Candidates (unreserved category) who score 60% and above marks qualify the test and get the CTET certificate which is valid for 7 years.
Delve deeper into details of the CTET 2020 result, such as the process to check the result, marks details, CTET certificate, etc.
Table of Contents
- CTET Result – Highlights
- CTET Result – Important Dates
- CTET Result – Paper I and Paper II
- How to Check CTET Result 2020?
- CTET Result – Details Mentioned
- CTET Result – Qualifying Marks
- CTET Result – Marksheet and Certificate
- CTET Result – List of Applicable Schools
- CTET Result – Year-Wise Analysis
- CTET Provisional and Final Answer Key
- CTET Result – Re-Evaluation
- CTET Result – Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
- ✔️ How can I check my CTET 2020 result online?
- ✔️ What if I misplace my CTET Mark Sheet or Eligibility Certificate?
- ✔️ Can I raise an objection against the provisional answer key of CTET?
- ✔️ Can I raise the request for re-evaluation of my CTET 2020 result?
- ✔️ What is the validity of the CTET certificate?
- ✔️ How many times is a candidate allowed to appear in the CTET exam?
CTET Result – Highlights
- CBSE is yet to announce the CTET 2020 result declaration dates
- The board uploads the CTET marksheet and certificate on DigiLocker, a mobile application
- The eligibility certificate is issued to only qualified candidates. However, the marksheet is issued to all candidates, irrespective of their qualifying status
- Qualifying the CTET exam is one of the eligibility requirements to participate further in the recruitment process at various central government schools
- Candidates securing 60% and above marks are considered qualified to receive the CTET eligibility certificate
CTET Result – Important Dates
Candidates must refer to the below given table to ascertain important dates pertaining to result declaration of CTET.
Event Calendar for CTET Result 2020
|CTET exam 2020||To be notified|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be notified|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified|
|Result declaration||To be notified|
Read More : CTET Cutoff – Dates, Expected & Previous Years’ Cutoffs, Job Prospects
CTET Result – Paper I and Paper II
The Central Board of Secondary Education releases CTET results separately for Paper I and Paper II on the same date. Candidates can check their individual scores in each section along with their qualifying status.
CTET Result for Paper I: Candidates must obtain the qualifying marks in Paper I to get eligible for the certificate. CTET certificate holders can apply for various teaching posts (from class I to V) across the country. While preparing the result, sectional and overall scores of candidates are evaluated and those who attain 60% and above marks are considered qualified.
Sectional Distribution of Marks and Questions in CTET Paper I
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
CTET Result for Paper II: Candidates who qualify Paper II of CTET exam can apply for the teaching posts at elementary level (classes VI to VIII) in various schools operating under the administrative control of Central/Union Territories governments.
Sectional Distribution of Marks and Questions in CTET Paper II
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies||60||60|
How to Check CTET Result 2020?
Candidates should follow the below given instructions to check the result of CTET online:
Step 1: Go the official web portal of CTET (ctet.nic.in)
Step 2: Tap on the link ‘CTET Result’ and proceed to the login page
Step 3: Mention your roll number, as given in the admit card
Step 4: Click on the submit button. Your CTET scorecard will display on the screen
Step 5: Download your result and take its printout
Note: The validity of the CTET score card is 7 years from the date of result declaration. Candidates reserve the right to make as many attempts as they wish for the CTET exam. Even if the applicants clear the exam, they can reappear to improvise their marks.
CTET Result – Details Mentioned
Details given on the CTET 2020 result are specified below:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Sections in Paper I and Paper II
- Section-wise score in each paper
- Overall score
- Qualifying status
Candidates can refer to the below image to check what details are printed on the CTET scorecard:
CTET Result – Qualifying Marks
Candidates who score a minimum of 90 marks out of 150, i.e., 60% aggregate score in the CTET exam are tagged as qualified. Those who secure lesser marks will be dropped from the list of qualified candidates. Some key facts related to qualifying marks in CTET 2020 result are as under:
- The board has set 60% or 90 out of 150 marks as the qualifying score in CTET 2020 result
- Separate calculation of marks is done for Paper I and Paper II
- Candidates who appear for CTET exam will get the details of their CTET score in the form of a mark sheet
- Those securing 60% or above marks will be eligible for CTET certificate
- Candidates who come under the categories of SC/OBC/ST/differently-abled may get relaxation in qualifying marks
- There are certain schools that reserve the right to render 5% relaxation to the reserved category candidates
Note: Qualifying the CTET exam is merely fulfilling an eligibility requirement for recruitment for the post of teachers. Candidates are appointed on the basis of the criteria set by various schools.
CTET Result – Marksheet and Certificate
CBSE will issue the marksheet to all the appearing candidates after the result declaration. However, the Eligibility Certificate is issued to the qualified candidates only. The validity of the CTET certificate is 7 years from the date of result declaration. As there is no limitation on the number of attempts; candidates can appear for the CTET exam as many times as they want to upgrade their score/certificate validity.
Both CTET marksheet and certificate are available online at DigiLocker, which is a mobile application to upload the documents digitally. The board shares the DigiLocker login credentials with candidates on their registered mobile numbers.
How to access CTET Marksheet and Certificate?
The steps to access the CTET marksheet and certificate are stated below:
- CBSE creates DigiLocker accounts of all the candidates who appear in CTET exam and send login credentials on their registered mobile numbers
- The board uploads digitally signed CTET certificate and mark sheet in DigiLocker (mobile application)
- Candidates can visit the DigiLocker app and enter their login credentials to access their CTET certificate and marksheet
- CTET certificates and marksheets are encrypted with QR code to avoid any security breach
What if a candidate misplaces his/her CTET Marksheet/Certificate?
CBSE provides the facility of issuing duplicate certificates and marksheet to candidates in case they misplace the original ones. The major requirements to retrieve the CTET certificate and marksheet are as under:
- Provide necessary details in an application form requesting the re-issuance of CTET certificate and marksheet
- Payment of Rs 500/- is mandatory (as a duplicate certificate and marksheet charge) that should be paid through DD
- The Demand Draft should be in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, payable at Delhi and drawn from a nationalized bank
CTET Result – List of Applicable Schools
CTET 2020 result is applicable at certain schools only. The list is as under:
- Schools that come under administrative control of UTs of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Chandigarh, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Delhi NCR
- Central government schools like Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Central Tibetan Schools, etc. and all unaided private schools
- Schools that are authorized by state government and local bodies
Note: Government has made it mandatory for all the teachers recruited after March 6, 2012 to qualify the Central Teacher Eligibility Test to teach the classes from I to VIII.
CTET Result – Year-Wise Analysis
Candidates can examine the statistics of previous years’ results of CTET in the below given table:
CTET Pass Percentage Statistics
|Year/Session||Candidates Appeared||Qualified||Pass Percentage|
|December 2019 Paper 1||14,13,390||2,47,386||17.50%|
|December 2019 Paper 2||9,91,755||2,94,899||29.73%|
|July 2019 Paper 1||13,59,478||2,14,658||15.78%|
|July 2019 Paper 2||10,17,553||1,37,172||13.48%|
|December 2018 Paper 1||10,73,545||1,78,273||16.60%|
|December 2018 Paper 2||8,78,425||1,26,968||14.45%|
|September 2016 Paper 1||1,93,005||26,638||13.8%|
|September 2016 Paper 2||3,86,085||42,928||11.12%|
CTET Provisional and Final Answer Key
CBSE releases the provisional answer key of CTET 2020 exam before the result declaration. Some coaching institutes and other subject experts also publish unofficial answer keys after a few hours of the CTET exam. CBSE issues the official answer key of CTET 2020 after a few days of the exam. Candidates can visit ctet.nic.in and login to download the answer key in PDF form.
How to challenge the CTET answer key?
Candidates can raise their objection against the official answer key of CTET (provisional) if they find any discrepancy in it. To initiate the process, candidates need to submit their objection/s in a prescribed format along with Rs 500 (per challenge). Central Board of Secondary Education then considers all the objections and releases a final answer key that is used to evaluate candidates’ score in CTET 2020 result.
CTET Result – Re-Evaluation
CBSE ensures a smooth and flawless evaluation process of CTET 2020 result. The board publishes the final answer key after doing proper scrutiny and then uses it as a standard parameter to calculate the marks of the candidates. Amidst all such extreme precautionary measures, there is no chance of error or miscalculation in the CTET result. Hence, the board has not given any provision of result re-evaluation to the candidates.
CTET Result – Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
✔️ How can I check my CTET 2020 result online?
Candidates must visit the website of CTET (ctet.nic.in) and enter their roll number at the login page to check their CTET scorecard online.
✔️ What if I misplace my CTET Mark Sheet or Eligibility Certificate?
CBSE issues a duplicate mark sheet or eligibility certificate of CTET in case of any loss or damage. Candidates need to fill an application form and submit the same to the concerned authority through post or courier along with DD of Rs 500/- (mandatory charges for the issuance of duplicate certificate or marksheet) in favour of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education drawn on any Nationalized Bank, payable at Delhi, along with a printout of their CTET Admit Card.
✔️ Can I raise an objection against the provisional answer key of CTET?
Yes, candidates can challenge the answer key if they find any error in it. For this, they need to submit their objection/s to CBSE along with Rs 500 per challenge as mandatory charge.
✔️ Can I raise the request for re-evaluation of my CTET 2020 result?
No, CBSE ensures a proper assessment procedure while calculating the score of the candidates. Hence, no request for re-evaluation of the CTET result is entertained by the board.
✔️ What is the validity of the CTET certificate?
The CTET certificate is valid for 7 years from the release date of the CTET result.
✔️ How many times is a candidate allowed to appear in the CTET exam?
Candidates can appear for the CTET exam as many times as they want as the board has set no restriction on the same.