National Institute of Technology, Raipur will release the NIMCET result soon after conducting the exam. Earlier, when the entrance test was scheduled for August 9, the result of NIT MCA Entrance Test was slated to be released on August 23. Hence, candidates can expect a 15-day gap between the release of the NIMCET result and the exam.
NIT Raipur will release the result for NIMCET 2020 in an online mode. Candidates can visit the official website i.e. nimcet.in to check the result of NIT MCA Entrance Test. The registered email ID and the password will work as login credentials to access the dashboard and check the result. Qualifying candidates will be eligible to take part in the counselling process for MCA admission at 10 participating NITs. Read this article further to get comprehensive information on NIMCET result 2020.
Table of Contents
- NIMCET Result – Key Highlights
- NIMCET Result – Important Dates
- NIMCET Result – Tie-Breaking Criteria
- NIMCET Result – FAQs
- ✔️ When will NIT, Raipur release the NIMCET rank card?
- ✔️ What is the validity of the NIMCET result card?
- ✔️ Can I request for a NIMCET rank card via post?
- ✔️ How many seats are available for admission through NIMCET in NITs?
- ✔️ Will there be any negative marking during the evaluation of the NIMCET result?
- ✔️ I have a negative score in the Mathematics section. However, my overall score compensates the same. Am I eligible for the admission in NITs?
NIMCET Result – Key Highlights
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur has the authority to release the result of NIMCET 2020
- Candidates have to use their email ID and password to check the result
- Along with the result, NITR will also release the NIMCET rank card via the login portal itself
- NIT, Raipur will not send NIMCET rank cards through post or email. No requests regarding the same will be entertained
- Candidates qualifying NIMCET will be eligible for the counselling process for admission in 10 participating NITs
- The test takers who obtain zero or negative marks in the Mathematics section are disqualified from the admission process
- Marks obtained by the candidates in each section of NIMCET are scaled out of 1000
NIMCET Result – Important Dates
Candidates can check the table below to know the schedule for the release of NIMCET result 2020.
NIMCET Result 2020 Schedule
|NIMCET 2020 exam date||Revised date to be notified soon|
|Result declaration||Revised date to be notified soon|
|Choice filling starts on||Revised date to be notified soon|
*The table above will be updated once NIT, Raipur notifies the revised dates for NIMCET 2020 result.
How to Check NIMCET Result 2020?
Candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps to check the NIMCET result:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of NIMCET, i.e. nimcet.in
Step 2 – Enter your registered email ID and password
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Login’ button after entering the credentials
Step 4 – NIMCET rank statement will display on the screen. Download it and preserve the same for future references
Computation of NIMCET Result 2020
The National Institute of Technology will evaluate the performance of candidates in NIMCET by following certain criteria. The pointers mentioned below explain the NIMCET result compilation process.
- As per the marking scheme of NIMCET, candidates are awarded 4 marks for every correct.response and there is a deduction of 1 mark for each incorrect response.
- Marks secured are scaled out of 1000 after applying the section-wise factorization method.
- The section-wise factorization method is applied by multiplying the marks obtained by the candidates in each subject of NIMCET 2020 by the numbers mentioned below. This helps in making the maximum marks 1000.
- Mathematics – Marks obtained by the candidate X 3
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning – Marks obtained by the candidate X 1.5
- Computer Awareness – Marks obtained by the candidate X 2
- English – Marks obtained by the candidate X 1
- The ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by the test taker out of 1000.
Section-wise Marks Distribution (Standard & Weighted)
|Section||Maximum Marks (as per marking scheme)||Maximum Weighted Marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||160||240|
NIMCET Result – Tie-Breaking Criteria
During the allotment of rank, there can be instances when two or more candidates have the same score. In such cases, it becomes essential to break the tie for the precise allotment of rank. NIT, Raipur will follow the below-mentioned chronology to break the tie.
- Initially, weighted marks of candidates (who have the same score) in the Mathematics section are taken into account for the allotment of higher rank. In other words, the candidate who scores better in the Maths section will be allotted a higher rank.
- If the tie prevails, then the weighted marks in the Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning section are considered for the rank allotment.
- If the tie still exists, marks of candidates in the Computer Awareness section of NIMCET are considered.
- If the tie isn’t resolved using the above-mentioned criteria, then the elder candidate will get preference in the rank allotment.
NIMCET 2020 – Procedure for Admission
Candidates will be eligible for the allotment of seats on the basis of their rank. There will be no additional application form required for the participation in the NIMCET counselling process. Counselling process requires the candidates to fill choices in order of institute and course preference. The participating NITs will make an allotment offer to the candidates as per their rank and the choices marked by them during the choice filling process. Candidates will get two options during the NIMCET counselling process:
- Option 1 – Accepting the offer in that particular round
- Option 2 – Floating the existing seat with an expectation of getting a better seat in next round
NIMCET 2020 – Seat Intake
Candidates can check the category-wise seats available for admission in the MCA programme on the basis of NIMCET rank.
Category-Wise Seats Available for MCA Admission
|Category||Total seats through NIMCET 2020|
|Open – PwD||15|
|Open – EwS||84|
|Ews – PwD||4|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||222|
|OBC – PWD||13|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||121|
|SC – PwD||9|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||62|
|ST – PwD||4|
NIMCET Result – FAQs
✔️ When will NIT, Raipur release the NIMCET rank card?
NIMCET result and rank card was set to be released on August 23, 2020. However, the exam date has been postponed, and so has the result declaration date. NIT-R will notify the new dates soon.
✔️ What is the validity of the NIMCET result card?
Validity of the NIMCET rank card/result is up to one year. Candidates who aspire for admission in the next year must take NIMCET again in next year for MCA admission.
✔️ Can I request for a NIMCET rank card via post?
No. Candidates can only check the result for NIMCET 2020 on the official website using their login credentials (email ID and password).
✔️ How many seats are available for admission through NIMCET in NITs?
NIT, Raipur is conducting NIMCET 2020 to fill a total of 871 seats available at different NITs across India.
✔️ Will there be any negative marking during the evaluation of the NIMCET result?
Yes, each incorrect answer in NIMCET will lead to the deduction of one mark.
✔️ I have a negative score in the Mathematics section. However, my overall score compensates the same. Am I eligible for the admission in NITs?
No. Candidates securing zero or negative marks in Mathematics section of NIMCET are disqualified from the NIT MCA admission process irrespective of their overall score in NIMCET.