West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board declares the result for WBJEE online. Candidates waiting for the WBJEE result 2020 need to visit the official website i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in to download their result. The WBJEE result 2020 will be made available in the form of an individual rank card for every test-taker. Every candidate must keep their login credentials ready to download their rank cards.
The WBJEE rank card comprises the scores obtained by the aspirants in Paper 1 & 2 separately and their overall WBJEE score. After the WBJEE result 2020 announcement, the rank cards will be issued for the candidates. The rank card is followed by the release of WBJEE merit list. Candidates curious to catch updates on WBJEE result 2020 can bookmark this page.
1. West Bengal’s Education minister Partha Chatterjee has announced that the WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) 2020 result will be released on 7th August 2020. Eligible candidates must visit the official website of WBJEE- wbjeeb.nic.in- to know their results.
2. WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) board announced the WBJEE 2020 results on their official website on 7th August 2020. Candidates must check their results on the official website- wbjeeb.nic.in.
WBJEE Result – Important Dates
WBJEE 2020 has been conducted successfully on February 2, 2020. The result of WBJEE 2020 has been previously delayed due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. However, West Bengal’s Education minister Partha Chatterjee recently announced that the WBJEE 2020 result will be released on the 7th of August 2020. Candidates must go through the table below to know the schedule regarding the release of WBJEE result.
Important Dates of WBJEE Result 2020
|WBJEE Exam Date
|02 Feb 2020
|Release of answer key
|17 Feb 2020
|Release of WBJEE response sheet
|20 Feb 2020
|Declaration of WBJEE result
|7 August 2020
WBJEE Result – Process
The result of WBJEE is a consolidated score obtained by a candidate in both the papers. The first is Paper 1 (Mathematics) and the second is Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry). Soon after the declaration of result, the WBJEE Board will issue a rank card containing the AIR (All India Rank) of the candidates. Afterwards, candidates who qualify the WBJEE cutoff scores will be called for the counselling process.
Read More: WBJEE Syllabus – Physics, Chemistry & Maths Topics, Exam Pattern
WBJEE Result – How to Download WBJEE Rank Card 2020?
After the WBJEE 2020 result declaration, the candidates have to download their rank cards. The steps to download a rank card are given below.
- 1st Step: Go to the official website of WBJEE
- 2nd Step: Enter your application number, password and security pin
- 3rd Step: Click on the submit button
- 3rd Step: The rank card for WBJEE 2020 will be made available on the screen
- 4th Step: Download this rank card for future references
WBJEE Result – Details Mentioned on the Rank Card
After the announcement of the WBJEE result 2020, candidates need to download and preserve the same for further admission purposes. Candidates must go through the details available on the WBJEE result. Rank card of WBJEE 2020 will comprise the following details.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Score (section-wise)
- Total score
- Merit rank
WBJEE Result – Merit List
As per the rank of candidates in the WBJEE, the board prepares a merit list on behalf of WBJEE member institutions. WBJEE Board generates majorly two types of merit lists. Candidates can check the brief information on the types of merit list below:
General Merit Rank (GMR) – It is prepared on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in both paper 1 and paper 2. The GMR is of use for the engineering/technology/architecture admissions in the state of West Bengal.
Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR) – This rank list is prepared on the basis of marks secured in Paper 2 only. On the basis of PMR, only pharmacy seats in the colleges of West Bengal are filled, except for the seats in Jadavpur University.
WBJEE Result – Tie-Breaking Criteria
Given below are the tie-breaking criteria for the merit lists prepared by the board. The tiebreaker method is applied if two or more candidates have the same score in the entrance test.
Tie-Breaking Rule for GMR: For GMR, the tie-breaking rule shall be applicable in the following order.
1. Higher rank to candidate who scores less negative marks in all 3 subjects – physics, chemistry, and math, followed by
- Preference to candidates with more positive marks in physics and math, followed by
- Preference to candidates with more positive marks in chemistry and math, followed by
- Preference to candidates with less negative marks in physics and math, followed by
- Preference to candidates with less negative marks in chemistry and math, followed by
- Candidates with more positive marks in 2 marks questions of Mathematics section are preferred, followed by
- Candidates with more positive marks in 2 marks questions of Physics section are preferred, followed by
- Candidates with more positive marks in 2 marks questions of Chemistry section are preferred, followed by
- Higher rank is given to candidates with less negative marks 2 marks questions of Mathematics section are preferred, followed by
- Higher rank is given to candidates with less negative marks in 2 marks questions of Physics section are preferred.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR: The order of tie-breaking for the pharmacy merit rank is:
- Higher rank is given to candidate with less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- Better rank is given to the candidate with more positive marks in Chemistry
- Better rank is given to the candidate with less negative marks in Chemistry
- The, higher rank is given to the student with more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- A higher rank is allotted to a candidate with less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- A student with ore positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, gets better rank
- Candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, gets a better rank
WBJEE Result – Cut Off
The cutoff or the closing marks at which different WBJEE participating institutions allot seats is decided by the board itself. The cutoff for WBJEE is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidates need to obtain in the entrance examination to qualify the same. The WBJEE board provides an opening and closing rank for the candidates on the basis of which admission process moves forward. There are some basic factors that affect the cutoff rank for WBJEE every year.
- Number of candidates appeared in WBJEE
- Difficulty level of WBJEE 2020
- Availability of seats in the campuses of the WBJEE Board.
- Previous year’s cut off trends
How can I get a duplicate WBJEE Rank Card 2020?
Every candidate should preserve the WBJEE 2020 rank card until the admission process gets over. This rank card is to be shown by candidates at the time of WBJEE counselling. If in case a candidate misplaces the rank card, he/she can apply for a new rank card within the sixty days after the declaration of WBJEE result 2020. The board charges a fee of Rs.500 via bank draft in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board’ payable in Kolkata to issue a duplicate rank card of WBJEE.
Post Release of WBJEE Result 2020 – Counselling
As per the merit list prepared by the board, WBJEE counselling is the last step before admission confirmation. All the candidates eligible to participate in the counselling of WBJEE 2020 need to complete the online choice-filling (of their preference of colleges) before appearing for the counselling. Candidates need to be physically present for the final counselling process, document verification, seat allotment, and applicable fee payment for admission in the allotted college.
WBJEE Result – FAQs
Q. How will the board announce the WBJEE result 2020?
The board will declare the result for WBJEE 2020 on the official website that is wbjeeb.nic.in.
Q. Is it important to take a printout of the WBJEE 2020 rank card published by the board?
Yes, it is important for every candidate to take a printout of the rank card for WBJEE 2020 issued by the board and preserve it until the admission process gets over.
Q. What if a candidate loses his/her WBJEE rank card before the counselling process?
In case a candidate misplaces his/her WBJEE rank card, he/ she can apply for a duplicate rank card within the 60 days of WBJEE result declaration. The board charges Rs.500 via demand draft as duplicate rank card issuance fee.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on WBJEE 2020.