West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board releases the syllabus for WBJEE along with the information brochure. Candidates who aspire to take the WBJEE must prepare for the exam in accordance with the syllabus to register success. The WBJEE syllabus comprises topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It must be further noted that the syllabus for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is based on NCERT class 11th and 12th syllabus only. Every candidate must go through the subject-wise syllabus before starting their exam preparation. Also, the knowledge of exam pattern helps the aspirants prepare for the WBJEE exam holistically. This article shares valuable details about the syllabus of WBJEE along with adequate information on the exam pattern.
Table of Contents
- WBJEE Syllabus – Important Highlights
- WBJEE Syllabus – Examination Pattern
- WBJEE Syllabus – FAQs
WBJEE Syllabus – Important Highlights
The key information regarding the WBJEE examination and its syllabus is given below. Candidates must also get an overview on the pattern of questions that were asked in the examination in previous years to prepare well for the next year.
- Detailed WBJEE syllabus is issued by the authority on the official website each year.
- The WBJEE 2020 entrance examination is conducted through offline mode only.
- Make sure to prepare the topics mentioned in the official WBJEE syllabus with the help of NCERT books majorly.
WBJEE Syllabus – Physics
The candidates must know the topic-wise syllabus for each subject. Physics section syllabus of WBJEE has been mentioned below. Go through each and every chapter related to these topics in order to prepare well for the examination.
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- The Motion of Centre of Mass, Connected Systems, Friction
- Bulk Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Particle Nature of Light & Wave-Particle Dualism
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid-state Electronics
WBJEE Syllabus – Chemistry
Chemistry is a vast subject and aspirants should prepare only the below topics for WBJEE chemistry preparation as per the official syllabus.
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Liquid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented chemistry
- Introduction to Biomolecules
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
WBJEE Syllabus – Mathematics
According to the WBJEE official syllabus, candidates need to prepare the following topics for excellent preparation of the Mathematics section.
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Arithmetic Progression G.P., H.P
- Complex Numbers
- Permutation and Combination
- Polynomial Equation
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem (positive integral index)
- Statistics and Probability
- Coordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Coordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Application of Calculus
- Differential Equations
Read More: WBJEE College Predictor – How to Predict Your Rank and College
WBJEE Syllabus – Examination Pattern
The WBJEE is an offline pen & paper based examination. Candidates mark their chosen section in the OMR sheets while taking this exam. This examination is conducted through two papers in two different shifts – Paper 1 (Mathematics) and for Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry). The time limit defined to solve WBJEE is 2 hours for each paper. WBJEE question paper consists of 155 questions and the maximum marks a candidate can score are 200. There are three categories of questions with different marking schemes.
Subject wise No. of Questions in WBJEE
|Subjects||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
WBJEE Syllabus – FAQs
Q. Who prepares the syllabus for WBJEE?
The West Bengal Entrance Examination Board prepares the syllabus for the WBJEE examination.
Q. Is it sufficient if a candidate studies as per the given syllabus for the WBJEE entrance examination?
Yes, the questions will be framed in the test paper as per the defined syllabus. Candidates need to practice as much as they can in order to get a good score.
Q. Is the syllabus for JEE Main and WBJEE the same?
Yes, the syllabus for JEE and WBJEE are in sync with the topics that students study in NCERT textbooks of class 11th and 12th.
Q. Is WBJEE 2020 conducted through online, offline or both the modes?
WBJEE 2020 is an offline examination that is conducted through pen-paper mode only. Candidates need to lock their choice of answers in OMR sheets.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on WBJEE 2020.