UPSC OTR Platform – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has launched a ‘One-time registration’ (OTR) platform for the submission of UPSC applications. The OTR platform has been launched on the UPSC’s official websites – upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in – on a 24 x 7 basis.
According to the official notification, the OTR platform will be very helpful for aspirants because it will not only prevent them from filling out their basic personal information again for any future UPSC examinations, but it will also completely eliminate any chance of inaccurate information as the basic personal information will be verified by the applicants themselves.
The time required to fill out and submit an online application form will also be greatly reduced because approximately 70% of the information provided by an applicant in the OTR will automatically be saved and prefilled in the application form.
The UPSC notification also instructs that the candidates must register on the OTR platform by providing the requested basic personal information if they intend to take any upcoming UPSC examinations. After an aspirant has completed the registration process, the information will be safely stored on the servers of the commission. This way, the stored information about a candidate will be filled out automatically in the online application form for the examination they are applying for.
This article will further discuss the purposes and the functioning of the newly launched platform.
Table of Contents
UPSC OTR Platform – Overview
|Name of the Platform||One-Time Registration (OTR) platform|
|Launching Agency||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Active Hours||24 x 7 basis|
|Major Purpose||To ensure smooth registration of the UPSC applications.|
UPSC OTR Platform – Purposes
- The newly launched OTR platform will eliminate the possibility of any factual or grammatical errors in application forms.
- Also, it will significantly reduce the time spent filling out applications, as 70% of the verified information of candidates will already be available on the server of the OTR platform.
UPSC OTR Platform – Functioning
- First and foremost, candidates must register themselves on the platform by providing their basic personal information, which the commission requires.
- Once a candidate has registered and provided the required personal information, the submitted information will be stored automatically on the server of the OTR platform.
- This way, the stored information about a candidate will be filled out automatically in the online application form for the examination they are applying for.
UPSC OTR Platform – Contact Details
In case of any discrepancy, candidates can reach out to the UPSC.
Below is a table displaying the contact details of the concerned authorities:
|Name of the Commission||The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Address||Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069|
Note: To download the UPSC OTR official notification, click here.
What is the UPSC OTR?
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has launched a 'one-time registration’ (OTR) platform for the submission of UPSC applications. The OTR platform has been launched on the UPSC’s official websites: upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in on a 24 x 7 basis. Its major purpose is to ensure smooth registration of UPSC applications by storing their verified personal information on its server and reducing the amount of time that is spent on filling out the application forms.
What is the full form of OTR?
The full form of OTR is 'one-time registration’.
Where can I access the UPSC OTR platform?
The UPSC OTR platform has been launched on the UPSC’s official websites: upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in on a 24 x 7 basis.