Uttar Pradesh Deputy CM and Secondary Education Minister, Dinesh Sharma recently stated that UP board exams 2021 are “likely to be held in April-May.” He further noted that the final decision regarding the UP board exam dates 2021 shall be taken after a meeting with the senior officials (which is scheduled in a period of next two weeks).
Important Points Regarding UP Board Exams 2021
1. Dependence on Panchayat Elections – As per the Minister, the decision on UP Board exam schedule “will depend on the dates of upcoming Panchayat elections in the state.” While the dates of the Panchayat elections haven’t been declared yet, the government is expected to issue a notice soon.
2. Last Date of Application – Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP), also known as the UP Board, extended the last date for online submission of Class 10 and 12 board exam applications to January 5, 2021. Candidates can check the examination fee information on the council website – upmsc.edu.in.
3. Pre-Board Schedule – Besides, the first UP pre-board exam for Class 10 and 12 will be conducted between 15 January and 25 January 2021 and the second pre-board will be held from 1 March, 2021 to 10 March, 2021.
4. Syllabus – Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the UP-board syllabus for Class 9 to 12 has been cut short by 30%. To cover the remaining 70% syllabus, the students are being taught by the way of – 1.) online classroom teaching and lessons taught via Doordarshan channel, 2.) self-study, 3.) assigning project work to students in regular intervals
5. Number of exam-conducting schools – The UP Board exam 2021 shall be conducted by 22,172 (out of a total of 27,832) schools. The names and other information about the exam conducting schools is expected to be updated online soon.