The UGC NET results will be published by NTA (National Testing Agency) after all the exams come to an end on 17th May 2021. As per NTA’s announcement, the UGC NET results will be made available in online mode on the official website soon.
Candidates will be able to check their UGC NET result 2021 with the help of their application number and password/date of birth. The exam conducting authority will release the scorecard along with the result in online mode.
The result highlights information like:
- Details of the candidate
- Marks obtained
- Overall marks
- Merit rank
To make things easier for candidates, NTA will send the result date notification to candidates on their registered mobile numbers. Besides, candidates can easily download their scorecards by logging in to the official NTA UGC NET website.
Table of Contents
- UGC NET Results 2021 – Important Date Announcements
- UGC NET Answer Key 2021
- How to Download UGC NET Result?
- UGC NET Result – Calculation Process
- What after UGC NET Result 2021?
- UGC NET Result – Steps to Download UGC NET E-Certificate & JRF Award Letter
- UGC NET Result – Validity of UGC NET Certificate
- UGC NET Result Statistics
- UGC NET Result – Career Opportunities After Qualifying UGC NET
- UGC NET Result – FAQs
UGC NET Results 2021 – Important Date Announcements
The UGC NET results will be declared by NTA once the exams get conducted successfully. Candidates can find out the exact UGC NET result release date in the table below when the exam authority announces it.
UGC NET Result Schedule
|UGC NET Exam Dates 2021||2nd May 2021
3rd May 2021
4th May 2021
5th May 2021
6th May 2021
7th May 2021
10th May 2021
11th May 2021
12th May 2021
14th May 2021
17th May 2021
|Release of UGC NET 2021 Preliminary Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Release of Final UGC NET Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of UGC NET Result||Likely to be released in June|
|UGC NET Counselling 2021||To be Announced|
UGC NET Answer Key 2021
The UGC NET authority releases the answer key a few days before the declaration of result on the official website. The answer key is released twice as – preliminary answer key (before result) and final answer key (after result). Candidates can calculate their estimated scores with the help of their response sheet and preliminary answer key.
Candidates can check the correct answers to all the questions in the UGC NET paper through the preliminary answer key. If they find the answers to one or more questions incorrect, they can submit objections against the preliminary answer key within a set time frame. To do that, the candidates need to pay a sum of Rs. 1000/- (for each challenged question) through online medium along with the proof of objection/s.
Based on the objections filed against the preliminary answer key, the final UGC NET results are prepared. Candidates cannot raise objections against any question or answer in the final answer key.
How to Download UGC NET Result?
The official UGC NET/NTA authority will release the result in online mode on the official website. To check and download the results, candidates will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Visit the official website of UGC NET
2. Click on ‘View Result – UGC NET May 2021’ link
3. Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Password/date of birth
- Security pin as shown in the image
4. Click on the Submit tab
5. Download the UGC NET scorecard 2021
Details Mentioned on UGC NET Result/Scorecard 2021
Candidates will find the following details mentioned on their UGC NET result card 2021. Buddy4Study advises candidates to verify the details and download a copy of their result to avoid discrepancies during the time of admission.
List of Details
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Category of the candidate
- Subject code and name
- Post applied for (JRF and Assistant Professor or Assistant Professor Only)
- Number of candidates who appeared for the concerned subject
- Paper-wise and total percentage obtained
- Paper-wise and total marks obtained
- Exam qualifying status
- Paper-wise and total percentile score obtained
UGC NET Result Image
How to check UGC NET result if candidate forgets application number?
In case any candidate forgets his/her application number to login to their registered UGC NET account to check the result, they can regenerate the application number by following the below steps:
1. Visit the official website of the exam.
2. Click on ‘UGC NET June 2021 result’ link
3. Click on ‘Forgot Application Number?‘ link
4. Enter the below-mentioned details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Security pin as visible on the screen
5. Click on the ‘Get Application Number’ tab
UGC NET Result – Calculation Process
There are a few parameters that NTA strongly considers to calculate the UGC NET result. This includes:
- Total number of vacancies
- Marks secured by the candidates
- Overall percentile
- Reservation policy prescribed by the Government of India
Candidates, while calculating the result, must keep in mind that NTA prepares the result with the help of raw scores and percentile scores of the total raw scores. The main result calculation process also includes the normalisation process that candidates will find below.
UGC NET Result – Normalisation Process
The exam conducting authority of UGC NET follows the normalisation process to maintain fairness of judgement towards all test takers. This procedure is established to create an equal ground for all the candidates appearing for UGC NET in different sessions and helps the authority in comparing their score and merit in an unbiased manner.
The UGC NET authority adopts the normalization process so that no candidate gets an unfair benefit.
3 major steps assist in the normalisation of UGC NET results. These include:
- Preparation of Result for each Session
- Distribution of the Examinees in Two Shifts
- Compilation of NTA score and Preparation of Result
Here is the percentile score formula that officials follow to normalize the scores of the examinees in the test:
UGC NET Result – Rules And Regulations Followed To Create The Merit List And Final Selection
NTA follows the below stated step-by-step procedure to calculate the UGC NET result –
- Total number of qualified candidates will be equal to 6% of the candidates appearing in both Paper 1 and 2 of UGC NET
- Total number of slots allocated to different category candidates (other than General) will be based on the reservation policy of the Indian Government
- Candidates should acquire the minimum marks set as the cut off for UGC NET to be eligible for Assistant Professor
|Example: Number of candidates to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘Anthropology’ for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category||Number of candidates belonging to SC category securing at least 35% aggregate marks in Paper 1 & 2 for SC category for ‘Anthropology’ (x) Total slots derived for SC category as per Step 2 (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to SC category overall subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together|
4. The aggregate percentage secured by candidates in Paper 1 and 2, equivalent to the total number of slots will determine the qualifying cut-off. Simply put, candidates need to score the minimum marks as highlighted below to be considered eligible for the Assistant Professor or JRF:
|Category||Paper 1 (Maximum marks: 100)||Paper 2 (Maximum marks: 120)|
|General||40%||40 marks||40%||80 marks|
|OBC (NCL)/PWD/ST/SC||35%||35 marks||35%||70 marks|
5. All candidates (who had applied for both Assistant Professor and JRF) out of the total qualified candidates derived in Step 3, shall be considered for JRF
6. The total number of slots available for awarding JRF is allocated among different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India. The procedure for subject-wise cum category-wise allocation of JRF slots is mentioned below:
|Example: Number of candidates to be declared qualified for JRF and Eligible for Assistant Professor both in the subject ‘Anthropology’ for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category||Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Assistant Professor, both in the subject ‘Anthropology’ (x) Total JRF slots available for ST category (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to ST category overall subjects who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Assistant Professor|
What after UGC NET Result 2021?
Candidates appearing for UGC NET for the post of Assistant Professor or JRF will be awarded separate certificates:
- Certificate for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (award letter)
- Certificate for Lectureship (LS) (e-certificate)
UGC NET Result – Steps to Download UGC NET E-Certificate & JRF Award Letter
To download UGC NET E-Certificate and JRF Award Letter, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official UGC NET website
- Click on the ‘Download E-certificate and JRF Award Letter’ link
- Enter roll number or application number and date of birth
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on Proceed
- Check and download the JRF award letter and e-certificate
UGC NET Result – Validity of UGC NET Certificate
UGC NET Certificates have separate validity periods for both Assistant Professor and JRF. Candidates who have qualified the UGC NET exam can use this certificate only till the last date as mentioned on the UGC NET Certificate.
Validity of UGC NET Certificate
|Junior Research Fellowship||3 years from the date of issue|
UGC NET E-Certificate & JRF Award Letter Download Links
UGC NET e-Certificate
Contact Details for Discrepancies in Scorecard
In case of any discrepancy or error in candidate’s details in the result card, they should get in touch with the exam authorities immediately in the below address:
|National Testing Agency,Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida- 201309
Helpline- 7703859909, 8076535482
Helpline for UGC NET Certificate issue – email@example.com.
UGC NET Result Statistics
Candidates who will appear in UGC NET exam 2021 must go through the below-given table to check the overall statistics for the exam:
|UGC NET Session||Number of Appeared Candidates (approximate)||Number of Qualified Candidates|
|December 2018||6,81, 930||47,884
UGC NET Result – Career Opportunities After Qualifying UGC NET
- After the candidates qualify the UGC NET exam, candidates will become eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
- They can expect a salary range between Rs. 25,000 and 40,000 per month (based on their scores, skills, and colleges).
- They can join as a faculty member of any UGC NET coaching institute.
- They can become an Assistant Professor or Lecturer in any Indian University.
UGC NET Assistant Professor Promotions and Growth Prospects
|Positions||Position after Promotion|
|Junior Assistant Professor||Assistant Professor|
|Assistant Professor||Senior Assistant Professor|
|Senior Assistant Professor||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||Associate Professor|
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Attain jobs in famous organizations and work as a Junior Researcher/Scientist.
- They can become a research scholar in any of the Indian Colleges or Universities.
- They can expect a stipend of around 31,000 per month, and for the next 2 years i.e. for SRF, the stipend can be around 35,000 per month.
UGC NET Assistant Professor Promotions and Growth Prospects
|Positions||Position after Promotion|
|JRF (Junior Research Fellow)||SRF (Senior Research Fellow)|
|PA (Project Assistant/Associate)||SPA (Senior Project Assistant/Associate)|
|Project Manager||Project Head|
|PF (Project Fellow)||SPF (Senior Project Fellow)|
The candidates seeking job opportunities as a JRF or Assistant Professor can get lucrative salary packages.
UGC NET Result – FAQs
What is the release date of UGC NET result 2021?
As of now, the UGC NET 2021 result date is assumed to be released sometime around June 2021. However, the information will be made available on the official UGC NET website once the exams are conducted successfully.
Will UGC NET result be sent via SMS?
No. Candidates will be only notified about the UGC NET result release date. To download the result, candidates will have to visit the official website.
Is there any negative marking in UGC NET 2021?
No. There is no negative marking for any wrong answer. Candidates can attempt all the questions without worrying about negative marking.
What is the validity of UGC NET eligibility certificate?
UGC NET eligibility certificate is valid for a lifetime for Assistant Professors. Though, the JRF award letter is valid for only three years from the date it is issued.
Will NTA release UGC NET 2021 official answer key?
Yes. NTA will release the answer key after the completion of the UGC NET exam. Candidates will be able to check the answer key once it is made available by the authority on the official UGC NET website.