New Delhi, 19 July 2021 – The University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued a list of new guidelines on the functioning of colleges and universities along with the academic calendar for the upcoming academic session 2021-22. As per the latest guidelines, all the universities and colleges will have to complete the final year/ semester exams by 31st August 2021.
UGC has officially released the notice regarding the same on its Twitter handle on Friday, 16th July 2021, stating that the admission process for first-year undergraduate courses should be completed no later than 30th September 2021. Besides this, the classes in UGC-affiliated colleges and universities should commence by 1st October 2021.
The notice also stated that the universities and institutes can commence their academic sessions 2021-22 in online, offline, or blended mode, keeping in mind the pandemic situation in their respective areas.
UGC Guidelines 2021-22 – Highlights
Noting that several universities and colleges have still not conducted their term-end exams for the 2020-21 session, UGC has clearly mentioned that all the colleges and universities must conduct the end-term exams in whichever possible mode (online/offline/blended). UGC has strictly underlined the guidelines for admission and 1st, 2nd, 3rd years’ final examination for students and institutions.
Candidates and institutes can check the highlights of the new guidelines of UGC Calendar 2021-22 (summarized version) in the table below before moving onto the guidelines:
|Name of the Body||University Grant Commission|
|Category of the Notice/Document||Guidelines for 1st, 2nd, 3rd final year and semester|
|Where to check from?||https://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx?id=NDIwNA==|
|Last date for the school boards to announce the results as per UGC guidelines||31st July 2021|
|Information source||From the official web portal|
UGC Guidelines for the Academic Year 2021-22
UGC has issued a PDF, which specifies the latest guidelines related to the academic calendar 2021-22. All universities and institutions must follow the new UGC New Guidelines 2021-22 Exam Calendar. Amongst many, here are the important derivatives:
- Universities, which have to start the new session for undergraduate courses/programs, can commence it after the declaration of CBSE, ICSE, and other state board exam results.
- Universities have to complete the final year/ semester session by 31st August 2021.
- The remaining seats have to be filled up by 31st October 2021.
- All the relevant examination documents are required to be filled up by and accepted by the institutions and universities by 31st December 2021.
- Intermediate and Higher Secondary Education (HSE) students can commence their academic session through blended/offline/online mode following COVID-19 safety protocols.
- If any student cancels or withdraws admission by 31st December 2021, the entire fee will be refunded to the student. The institutions cannot deduct more than INR 1000.
- As a special case, a full refund will be given to students by institutions and universities for the cancellation of admissions by 31st October 2021.
- Higher Education institutions can begin their academic session by 18th October 2021.
LETTER REGARDING UGC GUIDELINES ON EXAMINATIONS AND ACADEMIC CALENDAR