Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CHSL result 2020 for Tier I and Tier II exams on its official website (ssc.nic.in). The SSC CHSL 2020 Tier I result is expected to be declared in September/October in the form of a merit list (with the names and the roll numbers of examinees who qualify the exam).
SSC had to abruptly stop the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam on March 20 due to the nationwide lockdown. The remaining exam process shall now be concluded from August 17 to 21 and August 24 to 27. SSC CHSL result 2020 for the Tier I exams (that have already been held in March, and the pending ones that are to be conducted in August) will be released at the same time.
Along with the SSC CHSL result 2020, candidates will also find the cut off list. Examinees who qualify Tier 1 SSC CHSL cut off will qualify for the Tier-II exam. Read this article to fetch more details on SSC CHSL result 2020.
Table of Contents
- SSC CHSL Result – Key Information
- SSC CHSL Result – Important Dates
- SSC CHSL Results – Computer Based Test (Tier 1)
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Results – Normalisation
- SSC CHSL Results – Descriptive Test (Tier 2)
- SSC CHSL Results – Tie-Breaking Criteria
- SSC CHSL Results – Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier 3)
- SSC CHSL Result – Details Mentioned on the Merit List
- SSC CHSL Results – Cut Off
- SSC CHSL Results – FAQs
- ✔️ When will the SSC CHSL results 2020 for Tier I release?
- ✔️ What is the mode of SSC CHSL result 2020 announcement?
- ✔️ Will I receive any notification via email or SMS regarding the release of SSC CHSL results 2020?
- ✔️ Do I need to score any minimum percentage to qualify in SSC CHSL 2020?
- ✔️ How can I check the SSC CHSL results for Tier III?
- ✔️ What is the process to be followed after I have qualified the SSC CHSL Tier III?
SSC CHSL Result – Key Information
- SSC CHSL 2020 exam will be conducted for 4893 posts at various levels in different government departments.
- SSC CHSL result 2020 shall be declared for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators.
- The commission will grant marks for the performance of candidates in Tier I & II exams while preparing the final SSC CHSL merit list.
- The Tier III exam encomapsses a 15-minute skill/typing test and is subject to qualification. Hence, no marks shall be allotted in Tier III.
- A candidate, who qualifies all the 3 tiers of SSC CHSL exam and fulfills the documental needs in the document verification round (after Tier III exam), will be finally recruited through SSC CHSL.
SSC CHSL Result – Important Dates
The table below mentions the important dates for the SSC CHSL result 2020.
Schedule for SSC CHSL Result 2020
|SSC CHSL exam dates for Tier I||March 17 to 20, 2020|
|August 17 to 21, 2020|
|August 24 to 27, 2020|
|Release of SSC CHSL result and cut off for Tier I||To be notified|
|Issuance of SSC CHSL Tier II admit card||To be notified|
|SSC CHSL Tier II exam date (descriptive test)||To be notified|
|Release of the list of candidates who qualified for Tier III||To be notified|
How to Check SSC CHSL Result 2020?
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CHSL result 2020 in online mode only. Candidates are required to check their results by following the certain steps mentioned below.
Step 1 – Visit the official website for the Staff Selection Commission i.e. ssc.nic.in
Step 2 – You will find a login window in the extreme right corner of the homepage. Enter your login credentials (registration number and password)
Step 3 – Enter the case sensitive captcha code appearing on the login window
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Login’ button
Step 5 – Find the relevant button to check the SSC CHSL score and click the same
Step 6 – Section-wise score appears on the screen
SSC CHSL Results – Computer Based Test (Tier 1)
- SSC CHSL Tier I exam is held in multiple shifts for a large pool of candidates in an online mode
- The Staff Selection Commission uses a formula to normalise the scores of all the test-takers
- SSC registration number and password act as the login credentials to check the SSC CHSL section wise result for Tier I exam
- Candidates qualifying the SSC CHSL Tier I exam will be marked eligible for the Tier II examination
- There is no minimum qualifying score. However, SSC releases a cut off to shortlist the candidates for SSC CHSL Tier II exam
- SSC CHSL result 2020 for Tier-1 exam is expected to be released in the month of September
SSC CHSL Tier-I Results – Normalisation
As the Tier I examination is held in multiple shifts, the difficulty level of SSC CHSL question papers varies in each round. Hence, the Staff Selection Commission uses the process of normalization in order to equalize the scores of all the examinees. The Staff Selection Commission will use the formula shown in the image below to normalise the score of the candidate in SSC CHSL Tier I:
SSC CHSL Results – Descriptive Test (Tier 2)
- SSC CHSL Tier II will be a descriptive test to be held in a pen and paper-based mode
- The SSC CHSL result after Tier II exam will be prepared after combining the scores of the candidates in Tier I and Tier II
- Candidates qualifying as per the SSC CHSL result after Tier II will be marked eligible for typing test i.e. SSC CHSL Tier 3 exam
- Although the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of combined Tier I and Tier II result, every candidate must secure a minimum of 33% in Tier II to be considered for Tier III exam
- Candidates can check the final SSC CHSL result in the form of a merit list after the conduct of Tier II exam.
- The Tier III exam is a 15-minute typing/skill test and is subject to qualification. Hence, no marks are granted for Tier III round of SSC CHSL exam.
- Also, a candidate can check his/her individual result for SSC CHSL 2020 by performing the login function
SSC CHSL Results – Tie-Breaking Criteria
There is a possibility of two or more candidates getting similar aggregate SSC CHSL scores. The commission has devised a tier breaking methodology to deal with such situations. Here is the chronology that will be used for breaking the tie in order to shortlist candidates for the Tier III exam.
- Candidates with a better score in Tier-II exam will be considered
- If both the candidates have an equal score in Tier II exam for SSC CHSL 2020, then the candidate who is older will be preferred in the SSC CHSL merit list
- In case the date of birth of both the candidates is the same, the alphabetical order in which names of the candidates appear will be considered for the shortlisting process
SSC CHSL Results – Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier 3)
- Candidates are offered final admissions only on the basis of their score in Tier I & II exams. Hence, the Staff Selection Commission will not release the result for SSC CHSL Tier III exam
- Candidates qualifying the Tier III of SSC CHSL 2020 will be called for the document verification
- Final recruitment will be done only after the document verification
How to Check SSC CHSL Merit List 2020?
The SSC CHSL merit list 2020 will consist of the names of all the candidates who qualify for the subsequent tier. The stepwise procedure to check the SSC CHSL result 2020 is as follows:
Step 1 – Browse the official website of Staff Selection Commission at ssc.nic.in
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Result’ tab available in the top right corner of the official website’s homepage
Step 3 – In the next window, find the ‘CHSL’ section and click on the same
Step 4 – All the results for SSC CHSL for different years and tiers appear on the screen, find the name and year of the exam you’ve appeared for.
Step 5 – Click on the link stating ‘Click here’ alongside the name of the exam to open the PDF
Step 6 – Perform the Ctrl+f function and type the roll number or name to check your status in the SSC CHSL merit list
SSC CHSL Result – Details Mentioned on the Merit List
The details mentioned on the SSC CHSL merit list are as follows:
- Name of the exam, i.e. SSC CHSL
- Tier/paper number (Tier I/Tier II/Tier III)
- Name of the post
- Category-wise roll number
- Category-wise names of the qualified candidates
SSC CHSL Results – Cut Off
Candidates will be shortlisted for the next Tier of SSC CHSL exam based on the cut off released by the Staff Selection Commission. SSC CHSL cut off will be released separately for all the tiers and posts. The table below consists of the previous year’s cut off for unreserved category to help candidates analyze the SSC CHSL cut off trends.
SSC CHSL Cut Off for 2018-19 (Marks-wise)
|Name of the Post||Tier I (to appear for Tier II)||Combined Tier I & II (to appear for Tier III)|
|DEO (Other than C&AG)||181.47||252.06|
|DEO in C and AG||165.93||223.60|
|LDC/JSA and PA/SA||135.60||190.33|
SSC CHSL Results – FAQs
✔️ When will the SSC CHSL results 2020 for Tier I release?
The Staff Selection Commission is yet to announce the dates for the SSC CHSL result announcement for Tier I. However, candidates can expect the release of the SSC CHSL result in late September or early October.
✔️ What is the mode of SSC CHSL result 2020 announcement?
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CHSL result in online mode only. Candidates have to visit the official website of commission at ssc.nic.in.
✔️ Will I receive any notification via email or SMS regarding the release of SSC CHSL results 2020?
No. Candidates are advised to visit the official website (ssc.nic.in) to check the status of release of SSC CHSL result 2020. Candidates will also get to know about the release of SSC CHSL results for Tier I, II and III via this page.
✔️ Do I need to score any minimum percentage to qualify in SSC CHSL 2020?
The answer to this question is yes as well as no. The Staff Selection Commission has set no minimum score to be obtained for qualifying the Tier I examination. However, for the Tier II examination, test-takers must score a minimum of 33% to be considered for the Tier III exam.
✔️ How can I check the SSC CHSL results for Tier III?
Unlike the Tier I and Tier II, the Tier III exam will be a skill/typing test. Thus, the SSC will not release the SSC CHSL result for Tier III examination.The final SSC CHSL merit list (for those who have got admissions) shall be released after the completion of Tier III examination and document verification.
✔️ What is the process to be followed after I have qualified the SSC CHSL Tier III?
Once a candidate qualifies the Tier III of SSC CHSL, he/she will have to participate in the document verification round and express his/her post preference. Only after the verification of the documents, the recruitment letter will be issued to the candidate.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study for latest news and updates on SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020