In this article, you will get familiar with the process of downloading SSC CGL results and other result-related details.
Table of Contents
- SSC CGL Results – Latest Updates
- SSC CGL Results – Check Results Online
- SSC CGL Results – Tier II Exam & Tier III (Awaited)
- SSC CGL Results – Tie-breaking policy in SSC CGL Exam
- SSC CGL Results – FAQs
SSC CGL Results – Latest Updates
Tier I exam schedule has been given in the table below:
|Tier-I exam||3 December 2022|
|Tier-I result||February 2023|
|Tier-II & -III exams||To be notified|
Before appearing for SSC exam, admit card is released which allows you to appear for the exam. Check SSC Exam admit card here.
SSC CGL Results – Check Results Online
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check their result for SSC CGL exam:
Step 1: Visit the website of staff selection commission here
Step 2: Click on the “Result” tab at the top of the homepage.
Step 3: Click on the SSC CGL result link and proceed further
Step 4: Aspirants have to find out their roll number in the SSC CGL result PDF.
Step 5: Download and save the link for future reference
Important Points to Note:
- Candidates who are unable to find their roll numbers in the merit list are the ones who have not passed the exam.
- Once the result for each tier of the exam is announced, the Staff Selection Commission releases the final results.
- The SSC CGL Tier-IV exam is just qualifying in nature which means that marks secured by candidates in the computer proficiency test are not considered at the time of preparation of the final result.
- Candidates can download the tier-wise merit list from the SSC website and check for their roll number in that list.
What are the details of the result?
The SSC CGL result list contains the details such as the roll number of the candidate, the name of the candidate, the rank and overall marks obtained by the candidate.
SSC CGL Results – Tier II Exam & Tier III (Awaited)
Candidates who pass Tier I will sit for the Tier II exam. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL Tier I exam to appear for the Tier II exam. The SSC CGL Tier II exam is an objective exam which comprises four papers – Quantitative Abilities, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies. SSC CGL 2022 Tier-II and III are scheduled to be conducted in 2023
Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all posts. On the other hand, Paper-III will be only for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this post/paper.
Paper-IV will be only for those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV, i.e., for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer. The SSC CGL 2023 Tier 4 exam schedule has not been announced yet.
Factors affecting the SSC CGL cut off score:
The SSC CGL cut off score is finalized by officials of Staff Selection Commission keeping the following factors in mind:
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Number of vacancies issued for the current year
- Region-wise vacancies
- Complexity level of the exam
SSC CGL Results – Tie-breaking policy in SSC CGL Exam
If two or more candidates have got the same overall combined score, the merit list is prepared based on the following:
- Candidate who scored more in the Tier III exam is given priority.
- The performance of candidates in the Tier-II exam is taken into consideration and candidates are ranked accordingly in the merit list if the tie is not resolved.
- If the tie persists, marks obtained in Tier I are taken into account and then the merit list is prepared.
- If candidates have performed the same in all the tiers, the tie is resolved by comparing their birth dates. The older candidates are then given priority.
SSC CGL Results – FAQs
Q. How to check SSC CGL Tier 1 results?
Visit the official website ssc.nic.in and find out the result link to download results.
Q. Is it possible to check results offline?
No, it is only possible to check SSC CGL results through online mode.
Q. Are the results same for all categories of applicants of SSC CGL?
No, separate results are declared for General or SC/ST, OBC candidates by the SSC.