Birla Institute of Technology and Science has extended the deadline for submissions of online applications for BITSAT 2020 again to May 11, 2020 (5 PM). All the eligible candidates willing to pursue integrated first-degree programmes from BITS must apply on the official website i.e. bitsadmission.com. Previously, the last date to apply for BITSAT 2020 was March 31, 2020, which was extended to April 15 and then May 5, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
An application fee amount of Rs.3,300 (for male candidates) and Rs. 2,800 (for female candidates) has to be paid to complete the application process for BITSAT 2020. Before filling the BITSAT Application Form 2020, candidates need to register themselves online to get the login credentials i.e. user ID and password. In order to get the detailed information on registration, fee, and documents required for BITSAT Application Form 2020, go through the article below.
Table of Contents
- BITSAT Application Form 2020 – Important Dates
- BITSAT Application Form 2020 – Fee Details
- BITSAT Application Form – Documents Required
- BITSAT Application Form – Scanned Image Specification
- BITSAT Application Form – Registration
- BITSAT Application Form 2020 – FAQs
- Q. Where is the BITSAT 2020 application form available?
- Q. Is it compulsory to upload images in the BITSAT application form 2020?
- Q. Is there any form correction process in BITSAT 2020 application form?
- Q. Do candidates need to pay any application form correction fee?
- Q. Can a candidate check their BITSAT application form 2020 status?
BITSAT Application Form 2020 – Important Dates
The process of applying for BITSAT 2020 had already begun in January. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the last date for application has again been extended to May 11, 2020. The detailed schedule for the BITSAT 2020 application process is given in the table below.
|Start of registration||January 11, 2020|
|Last date to register||May 11, 2020 (5PM)|
|Online form correction||May 15 (10AM) to May 20 (5PM)|
|Test center allotment list||To be notified by BITS|
|Slot booking||To be notified by BITS|
|Admit Card availability||To be notified by BITS|
BITSAT Application Form 2020 – Fee Details
Before talking about the application form process, let us check the payment details and submission process of BITSAT 2020. The application form will only be considered once the candidates have submitted the application fee successfully. The mode of payment is online through the mediums given below:
- PayUMoney Payment Gateway (Net Banking, Debit/ Credit Card)
- Paytm Money Wallet
BITSAT 2020 Application Fee
|Candidates opting for Dubai exam centre||USD 90|
BITSAT Application Form – Documents Required
There are a few documents that must be available with the candidates to apply for BITSAT 2020 online. The documents needed for submission of the application form are:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Caste certificate (if any)
- PwD certificate (if any)
- Valid email ID and an active mobile number
- Scanned image of candidate’s photo and signature
BITSAT Application Form – Scanned Image Specification
Uploading of images (signature and photograph of the candidates) is also an important and mandatory step.
There are specific details and guidelines given by BITS for uploading of these documents:
- The color photograph must be passport size with a white background.
- Also, the candidates must not be wearing any cap, goggles, hat, etc in the photograph.
- The signature must not be overwritten and candidates should sign on a white sheet of paper within a box of 6*3 cm (width*height).
Image Specification for BITSAT Application Form 2020
|Photograph||50 – 80 Kb||.jpeg/.jpg|
|Signature||50 – 80 Kb||.jpeg/.jpg|
BITSAT Application Form – Registration
To start with the application process, candidates will have to create a login ID (for accessing the application form). In the registration process, candidates will have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official admission portal of BITS i.e. bitsadmission.com
- On the homepage, click on the link for registration
- A set of instructions will be available on the screen, candidates must go through them and click on the close button
- Next, click on the ‘New Registration’ button
- Now, enter the details such as Name, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Mobile number, E-mail ID
- In order to submit the details, click on the ‘proceed’ button
- An ID and password will be sent to the candidates through SMS after successful registration
Click Here to Start your BITSAT Registration 2020.
Process to Submit BITSAT Application Form 2020
Once a candidate has registered on the official website, he/she can now login for the application form page to apply for BITSAT 2020.
The steps after the registration process to fill and submit the application form for BITSAT 2020 are:
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. bitsadmission.com
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the ‘Go to application form’ link on the top.
Step 3: Next, the application form will be available on the screen. Enter the details required in each section of the form.
Step 4: Further, candidates will have to upload the images as per the specification explained above.
Step 5: Now, a candidate can proceed to pay the required application fee by selecting a mode of payment.
Step 6: Finally check all the details and submit the application form.
Details to fill in BITSAT Application Form 2020
The details that are required under the various sections of BITSAT 2020 application form are:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Pin code
Qualifying Exam Details
- Name of the institution last attended
- Name of examination and its board
- Year of passing
- Subject to be taken for Part 4 of BITSAT
Exam Centre(s) Details
- Exam centre preference 1
- Exam centre preference 2
- Exam centre preference 3
BITSAT Application Form Correction 2020
It must be kept in mind that the process of application form submission is one of the most important steps towards being able to sit for any examination. Therefore, a candidate must not make any mistakes in the same. In case after submission of application form, a candidate finds any mistake in the form, he/she can rectify the same. The examination conducting authority will re-open the BITSAT application form correction portal for a limited period of time from May 15 (10AM) to May 20 (5PM). During this time, candidates can log in using their User ID and password to correct any mistake in the BITSAT 2020 application form. No further changes will be entertained by the authority after the closure of the application correction window.
How to Check BITSAT Application Form 2020 Status?
Candidates can also check the status of the payment made by them in the BITSAT application form 2020. Follow the steps given below to check the payment status:
Step 1- Go to the official website of BITS
Step 2- On the homepage, click on the ‘application status’ link.
Step 3- Next, enter details such as application number, gender and date of birth.
Step 4- Click on ‘proceed’ to submit these details.
Step 5- The status of the application form submitted will be available on the screen.
BITSAT Application Form 2020 – FAQs
Q. Where is the BITSAT 2020 application form available?
The BITS-Admission Test 2020 application process is strictly online and is made available on the official website of BITS at bitsadmission.com.
Q. Is it compulsory to upload images in the BITSAT application form 2020?
Yes, it is mandatory to upload the candidate’s passport size photograph and signature in the BITSAT 2020 application form.
Q. Is there any form correction process in BITSAT 2020 application form?
Yes, if in case a candidate makes a mistake in the BITSAT 2020 application form, they will be provided a limited time period to correct the details and submit this application form.
Q. Do candidates need to pay any application form correction fee?
No, there is no need to pay a fee in order to correct any details in the BITSAT 2020 application form.
Q. Can a candidate check their BITSAT application form 2020 status?
Yes, candidates can check the BITSAT application form status by visiting the website and logging in with the help of their ID and password.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest news and updates on BITSAT Application Form 2020.