SRM University has tweaked up the exam pattern and added two new sections to SRMJEEE syllabus 2020. The two new sections added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE are General Aptitude and English. Hence, SRMJEEE question paper will now have 5 sections in total that revolve around 10+2 level topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics*, General Aptitude and English.
Candidates willing to take the entrance examination must prepare in sync with the SRMJEEE syllabus to cover only the relevant topics. Aspirants can find the SRMJEEE syllabus on the official website of the university i.e. srmuniv.ac.in. Also, the candidates can find the complete syllabus for SRM Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering in this article.
Note* – It’s compulsory for the B.Tech candidates to attempt the Mathematics section. On the other hand, the Biomedical Engineering candidates have to attempt the Biology section in the SRMJEEE question paper.
Table of Contents
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Highlights
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Physics
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Chemistry
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Mathematics
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Biology
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – English
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Aptitude
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Official PDF Download Links
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – Examination Pattern
- Best Books Suggested as per SRMJEEE Syllabus 2020
- SRMJEEE Syllabus – FAQs
- ✔️ Who prepares the syllabus for SRMJEEE?
- ✔️ Is it sufficient if a candidate studies as per the given syllabus for the entrance examination?
- ✔️ Is the syllabus for JEE Main and SRMJEEE the same?
- ✔️ How many sections are added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE in 2020?
- ✔️ What changes have been made to the exam pattern of SRMJEEE 2020?
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Highlights
SRM University conducts SRM Joint Entrance Examination – Engineering for admission in 19 major, 15 specializations and 14 minor B.Tech courses. Here is some basic information regarding the SRMJEEE syllabus 2020:
- There are two more subjects added to the SRMJEEE syllabus.
- Candidates must go through the new examination pattern before starting to prepare for the examination.
- The change will be implemented from 2020 onwards.
- Due to the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, the examination has been postponed by the university. Therefore, candidates have more time for concrete preparation of SRMJEEE 2020.
Read More: SRMJEEE Application Form – Dates, Eligibility, Fee, Details Required
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Physics
Given below are the units and topics that are a part of SRMJEEE syllabus for physics 2020. Every candidate must prepare according to this syllabus provided.
Units and Measurement, Mechanics
- Units for Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Electric Charge
- Electric Potential
- Electric current
- Kirchhoff’s laws
Magnetism and Magnetic Effects of Current
- Earth’s Magnetic Field and Magnetic Elements
- Magnetic Dipole
Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Currents and Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction
- AC Circuits
- Reflection of Light
- Wavefront and Huygens Principle
- Expression for Fringe Width
Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter & Atomic Physics
- Dual Nature of Radiation
- DavissonGermer Experiment
- Rutherford’s Model of Atom
- Junction Diodes
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Chemistry
The syllabus for chemistry also involves topics from the NCERT text books of class 11th and 12th. Candidates taking the SRMJEEE 2020 must go through the unit-wise syllabus provided below.
- Types of Solutions
- Colligative Properties
- Van’t Hoff Factor.
- Redox Reactions
- Conductance in Electrolytic Solutions
- Specific and Molar Conductivity
- Variations of Conductivity with Concentration
- Kohlrausch’s Law
- Rate of a Reaction (Average and instantaneous)
- Factors affecting Rate of Reaction
- Integrated Rate Equations and Half-life (only for zero and first-order reactions)
- The Concept of Collision Theory (elementary idea, no mathematical treatment)
- Distinction between True Solutions
- Colloids and Suspension
- Tyndall Effect
- Brownian Movement
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Principles and Methods of Extraction
- Group 16 Elements
- Compounds of Sulphur
- Sulphuric Acid
- Group 17 Elements
- Group 18 Elements
‘D’ and ‘F’ Block Elements
- General Introduction
- Electronic Configuration
- Occurrence and Characteristics of Transition Metals
- General Trends in Properties of the First-row Transition
- Oxidation States
- Coordination Compounds
- IUPAC Nomenclature of Mononuclear Coordination Compounds
- Werner’s Theory, VBT, and CFT
Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Diazonium Salts
- Some Important Polymers
- Biodegradable and Nonbiodegradable Polymers
Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Chemicals in Medicines
- Chemicals in Food
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Mathematics
The units that form the mathematics syllabus for SRMJEEE 2020 are provided below. It is suggested that every candidate must prepare from within the given topics only. Make sure to practice as much as possible.
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices, Determinants and their Applications
- Differential Calculus and its Applications
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Analytical Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability Distribution
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Biology
All the candidates who are opting for biology instead of mathematics can go through the syllabus of the same from the list below.
Diversity in Living World
- Biodiversity, Importance of Classifications, Taxonomy & Systematics, Concept of Species and Taxonomic Hierarchy, Binomial Nomenclature, Tools for Study of Taxonomy.
- Five Kingdom Classification:
- Classification of Plants into Major Groups
- Classification of Animals
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Tissues
- Animal tissues
Cell Structure and Function
- Cell Theory
- Cell Organelles
- Chemical Constituents of Living Cells
- Nucleic Acids
- Cell Division
- Transport in Plant
- Mineral Nutrition
- Plant Growth and Development
- Growth Regulators
- Digestion and Absorption
- Breathing and Respiration
- Body Fluids and Circulation
- Excretory Products and their Elimination
- Locomotion and Movement
- Neural Control and Coordination
- Chemical Coordination and Regulation
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
Genetics and Evolution
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Biology and Human Welfare
- Human Health and Diseases
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its Applications
- Application of Biotechnology in Health and Agriculture
Ecology and Environment
- Organisms and Populations
- Ecosystem Conservation
- Environmental Issues
SRMJEEE Syllabus – English
English has been added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020. English section will include the questions from below topics:
- Comprehension Type Questions in the Form of Short Passages
- Lines of Poems or a Dialogue
- Candidates have to read the given text and answer the set of questions from passages/poems
- Each question will have 4 choices, out of which candidates have to choose the best answer
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Aptitude
The aptitude section has been added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE for the first time. Therefore, candidates must know the topics they need to cover in order to score well in this section. Given below are the topics to be covered under the aptitude section.
- Properties of Numbers
- Divisibility Rules
- Unit Digit
- Euclid’s Algorithm
- LCM and GCD
- Arithmetic Mean
- Weighted Mean
- Geometric Mean
- Percentage Change – Increase or Decrease
Profit and Loss
- Computing Percentage of Profit or Loss and Profit/Loss Value
- Nature of Roots
- Relationship between Roots and Coefficients
- Solutions of Quadratic Equations
- Similar Triangles
- Lines and Angles
- Grading and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
Direction Sense test
- Finding Direction
- Distance or both
- Solving Simultaneous Equations
- Test of Consistency
- Problems on Ages
- Values of Trigonometric Ratios
- Heights and Distances
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Official PDF Download Links
In order to make the official syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020 easily available to the aspirants, the table below has subject-wise PDF download links. Candidates can download the PDFs and paste the printout of syllabus near their study tables.
|General Aptitude||Click Here|
SRMJEEE Syllabus – Examination Pattern
The examination pattern for SRMJEEE 2020 is provided below. Candidates must go through the details mentioned below thoroughly and prepare accordingly.
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Duration of Examination: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Language of Exam: English
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Sections: Five
- Total Questions: 125
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking in the examination.
The distribution of questions with marks is as follows:
|Mathematics / Biology||40||40|
Best Books Suggested as per SRMJEEE Syllabus 2020
All the serious candidates prefer to prepare holistically for SRMJEEE. Taking into account their sincerity towards the exam, we are providing the best books for preparation of SRMJEEE 2020:
SRMJEEE 2020 Books – Physics
|Concept Of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Fundamental of Physics||V. K. Mehta|
|NCERT (Class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Principles of Physics||Resnick, Halliday, and Walker|
|Problems in General Physics||I. E. Irodov|
SRMJEEE 2020 Books – Chemistry
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J. D. LEE|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||R.C. Mukherjee|
|NCERT (class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Organic Chemistry||O. P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd.|
SRMJEE 2020 Books – Mathematics
|Algebra||S. K. Goyal (Arihant)|
|Algebra (Overall Reference)||RD Sharma|
|Calculus||I. A. Maron|
|Higher Algebra (Coordinate geometry)||Hall & Knight (Arihant)|
|Integral Calculus||Amit Aggarwal (Arihant)|
|NCERT Mathematics (class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Trigonometry||S. L. Loney (Arihant)|
SRMJEEE Syllabus – FAQs
✔️ Who prepares the syllabus for SRMJEEE?
The expert academicians at SRM University prepare the syllabus for the examination. It is majorly based on the NCERT text books of class 11th and 12th.
✔️ Is it sufficient if a candidate studies as per the given syllabus for the entrance examination?
Yes, the questions asked in the SRMJEEE question paper will be as per the syllabus given by the university only. Candidates need to practice as much as they can in order to get a good score.
✔️ Is the syllabus for JEE Main and SRMJEEE the same?
Yes, the syllabus for JEE and SRMJEEE are as per the curriculum of NCERT for class 11th and 12th. Therefore, the syllabus remains largely the same for both the entrance tests.
✔️ How many sections are added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE in 2020?
Two sections i.e. English and General Aptitude have been added to the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020 in order to check the aptitude level and English proficiency of the candidates.
✔️ What changes have been made to the exam pattern of SRMJEEE 2020?
Apart from the addition of two new subjects, the number of questions from Mathematics sections has been increased to 40. Earlier, it was 35.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest news and information about SRMJEEE 2020.