Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University released the IPU CET application form 2020 on March 3, 2020. The last date for the submission of the IPU CET application form is June 10, 2020. The application form submission deadline has been extended thrice before this.
IPU CET application form is available online on the official website (ipu.ac.in). Candidates have to follow five steps including registration, filling up personal details, providing academic information, uploading documents, and submitting the application fee for the completion of IPU CET application form submission.
Submission of the IPU CET application form will require the candidate to pay Rs. 1,200 as the application fee. Candidates must read this article further for complete information on IPU CET application form 2020 including eligibility criteria, documents and details required, and more.
Click here to download the admission brochure of GGSIPU for the academic session of 2020-21.
IPU CET Application Form – Important Dates
Candidates already know that the submission deadline for IPU CET application form 2020 has been postponed. Aspiring candidates can refer to the table below to know all the dates related to the IPU CET application form 2020.
Event Calendar for IPU CET Application Form 2020
|Release of IPU CET application forms||March 3, 2020|
|Last date for the submission of application form||June 10, 2020|
|Application form correction facility||June 11-13|
|IPU CET 2020 date||In the month of July*|
*The Common Entrance Test date for IPU is subject to revision, keeping in view the global pandemic and the countrywide lockdown
IPU CET Application Form – Who all are eligible to apply for IPU CET 2020?
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions before they start filling the IPU CET 2020 application form. Candidature of the applicants is subject to rejection if they are found to be ineligible in later stages of the examination process. Candidates can find the eligibility criteria to apply for IPU CET 2020 in brief below:
1. Age Limit for all UG Courses – Candidates must abide by the upper age and lower age limit set by GGSIPU for UG courses.
Lower age limit – 18 years
Upper age limit – 21 years
2. Age Limit for all PG Courses – The upper and lower age limit for all PG courses is as follows:
Lower age limit – 21 years
Upper age limit – 35 years.
3. Nationality – Candidates holding the Indian nationality status are eligible to apply for IPU CET 2020
4. For B.Tech courses – Candidates who have completed the class 12th education with a minimum of 55% marks with PCM subject group fulfil the eligibility norms set by GGSIPU.
Prerequisites for Filling IPU CET Application Form
Candidates need to keep the following documents/details ready before initiating the application form to avoid hassles during the submission process.
- Aadhar Card, if available
- Bank A/C passbook with photograph/Passport Number/Ration Card/Aadhaar Card Number/Voter ID Card Number/Other Government ID
- Code of CET program
- Copy of Board/University Certificate
- E-mail address and mobile number of candidate
- Order of preference of four cities for examination (amongst Delhi-NCR, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Jaipur)
- Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable
- Qualifying Degree/Certificate or last semester marks sheet
- Scanned images in JPG/JPEG format only
- Your mailing address as well as permanent address with pin code
Specifications for Uploading Documents in IPU CET Application Form 2020
The IPU CET application process requires uploading the photograph and the signature of the candidate. Candidates can check the table below to know the exact image specifications required for uploading the photograph and signature on the IPU CET Application Form.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
|Name of the Document||Format||File Size||Additional Specifications|
|Photograph||JPG/GIF||10 KB – 100 KB||Dimensions: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|Signature||JPG/GIF||10 KB – 100 KB||80 mm x 35 mm (Using black or blue ink only)|
Photograph Guidelines for IPU CET Application Form 2020
Candidates need to abide by the following guidelines while uploading their scanned photographs:
- Upload passport size color photograph with white background
- 75% of the photograph should be covered by face
- Picture should be taken after January 1st of the admission year
- Candidates should not be wearing goggles or caps in photograph
IPU CET Application Form – How to fill and submit IPU CET Application Form 2020?
The IPU CET application form can be filled and submitted in online mode only. Knowing the stepwise procedure for the submission of IPU CET application form is necessary to ease out the entire process. Check out the complete information on how to fill the IPU CET application form below.
Follow the steps mentioned below to submit the IPU CET application form:
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Visit the official website of GGSIPU, i.e. ipu.ac.in
- Click on the button stating ‘Apply Now’
- Enter details including mobile number, email ID, choice and group of program, and name of the candidate
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
Completion of the steps mentioned above will lead to the generation of the login credentials. Candidates will receive the login credentials over their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
Click here to start your IPU CET Online Registration 2020.
Step 2 – Login
To access the IPU CET login dashboard, candidates have to fill in the credentials (login ID and password) received on their registered email address. After logging in, the IPU CET application form filling process will start.
Step 3 – Filling the IPU CET Application form
In this step, candidates have to enter the following details in three sections:
Eligibility Details – Candidates need to provide the below information to complete this section
- Four preferred exam cities (not applicable in case applying on the basis of other entrance exams)
- Date of birth
- Eligibility for PH category (Y/N)
- Army Quota (Y/N)
- Defence Background (Y/N)
- Jammu and Kashmir Domicile (Y/N)
Personal Details – In this section, the details to be provided are as follows:
- Name of father
- Name of mother
- Marital status
- Aadhaar number (not mandatory)
- Visible Identification Mark (optional detail)
- Contact details
- Correspondence and permanent address details
Qualification Details – Candidates need to furnish their academic details in this section by providing the following details.
- Name of the board/ university last enrolled in
- Name of Institute/ School
- Status of examination result
- Subjects in the qualifying exam
- Year of passing
- Percentage of marks
- Essential qualification details (in case applying through other valid entrance exams)
Note– As IPU CET application form will only accept the ‘percentage score’, candidates must convert the CGPA/OGPA into percentage as per the institute’s conversion formula.
Step 4 – Declaration
In this section, candidates will have to upload the photograph and signature in the specified format. Not following the uploading guidelines may lead to the rejection of the application form. To ensure accuracy, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Fill the captcha in the box
- Check ‘I Agree’
- Click submit button
As the candidates click the submit button, a pop-up message will appear saying, “Details once submitted cannot be modified. Please review the information before submitting. To continue submitting, press OK. Or press ‘Preview’ to verify your details.
Step 5 – Application Fee Submission
Once the applicants complete Step 4, the application fee payment page opens. Candidates can pay the application fee online via bill desk. It is advisable for candidates to take the print-out of the e-receipt generated post payment for future reference.
IPU CET Application Fee – Rs. 1,200 (There is no relaxation/ concession for any category on the application fee.)
Mode of Payment –
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet banking
An additional convenience fee is also applicable along with the payment of application fee.
IPU CET Application Form – What is the role of Correction Window?
GGSIPU provides an application form correction facility for all the applicants. There might be instances when the candidates may make mistakes while filling the IPU CET application form. Although the candidates can modify the details entered by them in the application form during the time period of the correction window, they must ensure to fill-in all the correct details in the CET application form in one go.
IP University Application Form 2020 – Key Info
Candidates need to ponder over the below-mentioned pointers to ensure successful submission of their application form:
- Check your eligibility criteria for IPU CET first. The authority reserves the right to cancel the application of ineligible candidates at any stage.
- Candidates need to make sure that they don’t leave any mandatory field blank as authority doesn’t consider incomplete application for further stages.
- If a candidate doesn’t fill the category, he shall be treated as a general category candidate.
- The date of birth and names of applicants in application form should match exactly with their 10th and 12th passing certificates.
IPU CET Application Form – FAQs
✔️ What is the mode of submission for IPU CET 2020 application form?
Candidates can only fill the IPU CET application form in online mode.
✔️ What is the last date to submit the IPU CET application form 2020?
The deadline for IPU CET 2020 application form submission is June 10, 2020.
✔️ Can an applicant choose the IPU CET examination centre?
Yes, the candidates can enlist their exam centre preference from the given choices of IPU CET exam cities. They need to carefully provide the exam centre and test city code in IPU CET application form.
✔️ Is it okay if the candidate has uploaded a green signature instead of a black signature in the application form of IPU CET 2020?
No. The candidates can upload the signature in blue or black ink only.
✔️ I want to apply for two courses in different exam categories? Do I need to fill separate IPU CET application forms for the same?
You can apply for multiple courses within an exam category on a single IPU CET application form. However, if you want to apply for two courses from different categories, you will have to fill separate IPU CET application forms.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest news and updates on IPU CET Application Form 2020