SRM Institute of Science and Technology has extended the last date to apply online for the SRM Joint Entrance Examination Engineering (SRMJEEE) to July 15, 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The university had to stop the offline process for application form submission owing to nationwide lockdown. All the candidates who have passed 10+2 or have taken 10+2 examination this year can apply for the SRMJEEE.
For SRMJEEE registration, candidates need to provide their active mobile number and email ID where they receive a validation link. After verifying their email ID, candidates can fill the application form. They need to provide the required details, upload images as per specifications, and pay the required application fee to submit the application form successfully. Complete details on SRMJEE application form 2020 are provided in this article below.
Important Update- SRM University has cancelled the SRMJEEE 2020 due to outbreak of the Covid- 19 Pandemic. The admissions to the candidates will now be granted on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 or equivalent. The SRMJEEE 2020 was previously scheduled to be conducted from 30th July to 4th August 2020. Candidates must update their application forms at the earliest.
Table of Contents
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Important Dates
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Modes of Submission
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Documents Required
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Registration
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Details Required
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Fee Details
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Correction
- SRMJEEE Application Form – Offline Submission Method
- SRMJEEE Application Form – FAQs
- Q. Can a candidate apply for SRMJEEE through offline mode too?
- Q. What is the fee amount to be paid by an international candidate to submit the SRMJEEE application form 2020?
- Q. Can a candidate edit any mistake after submission of the SRMJEEE application form 2020?
- Q. What are the required specifications of the documents to be uploaded?
- Q. Is there any relaxation in SRMJEEE application fee for reserved categories?
- Q. Can I change my SRMJEEE exam centre preferences later after form submission?
- Q. Do I need to fill SRMJEEE application forms separately for all the campuses?
SRMJEEE Application Form – Important Dates
The SRMJEE application form 2020 deadlines are given below.
|Application form submission ( international applicants)||From Oct 22 2019 to 15 Aug 2020|
|Application form submission (national applicants) started from||Oct 28 2019|
|Last date to apply via OMR forms (Offline)||Feb 29 2020|
|Last date to submit online application form||July 15 2020|
|Application form correction window||To be announced|
|Application form submission deadline for candidates hailing from remote areas||To be announced|
|SRMJEEE admit card & slot booking||Event Cancelled|
|SRMJEEE 2020 exam date||Event Cancelled|
SRMJEEE Application Form – Modes of Submission
SRM University accepts the application forms through three modes, for the convenience of the candidates, which are as follows:
COMPLETELY ONLINE MODE
In this mode, a candidate needs to visit the official website of the university and fill the online application form. Along with the application submission, candidates can pay the fee amount online through net banking, debit/ credit card.
ONLINE SUBMISSION AND OFFLINE FEE PAYMENT
Using this mode, a candidate will have to go to the official website of the university and fill the online application form and submit it through online mode only. However, the application fee is to be paid through offline mode. Candidates need to take the printout of the same and send it to SRM University with a DD.
COMPLETELY OFFLINE MODE (Not available due to lockdown)
The OMR application form is available at various post offices and the candidates can purchase the SRMJEEE 2020 application form from any of them. These forms can be submitted along with the application fee by the candidates through DD.
Note: The post offices across the country where the hard copies of SRMJEE application forms are available are mentioned under the Offline Submission Method header.
What are the eligibility criteria to fill SRMJEEE application form 2020?
Before moving ahead to fill the SRMJEEE application form 2020, applicants should check if they are eligible or not. The eligibility criteria to apply for SRMJEEE is mentioned below:
1. Age – Applicants must be born between July 1, 1999 and July 1, 2004. It simply means that the applicants must have completed 16 years of age on or before July 31, 2020.
2. Nationality – Apart from the Indian nationals, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), PIO or OCI card holders can also apply for SRMJEEE 2020 under the international category.
3. Qualification – Applicants should have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects. Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and any of Biology/Botany & Zoology/Biotechnology as main subjects will be eligible to apply for B.Tech Biotechnology. The minimum passing marks are at least 60% for Kattankulathur campus and 50% for other SRM campuses.
Note– Candidates who have completed their 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) are also eligible to apply for SRMJEEE. However, they will be considered ineligible if they have completed their Class 10 too from NIOS.
Qualification-wise Eligibility for International Students – The international candidates who possess International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Botany & Zoology/Biotechnology as main subjects from any international school are eligible to apply.
Who all are eligible for direct admission through SRMJEEE 2020?
The university has also prescribed the eligibility guidelines for direct admissions at SRM University. The candidates who meet the following conditions can apply for direct admission. The varsity also awards scholarships to the candidates falling under such categories:
- First ranker in CBSE 12th result
- Candidates amongst the top 100 of JEE Main or Advanced
- District-wise toppers of Tamil Nadu 12th board
- Sportsperson at national or international level
SRMJEEE Application Form – Documents Required
While filling the application form of SRMJEEE 2020, candidates need to provide various details that must be authentic. The below-mentioned documents are therefore provided as prerequisites for online form submission of SRMJEEE 2020.
To be uploaded in the online form
|Photograph||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||10–200 kb|
|Signature||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||10–200 kb|
To be presented for reference
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
- Date of Birth certificate
- Application fee payment details
SRMJEEE Application Form – Registration
The process of registration is mandatory for every candidate willing to apply for the online application of the university. The steps to register for SRMJEE 2020 are given below for the ease of students.
- Go to the official website i.e. srmist.edu.in.
- Click on ‘apply now’ under the admission section
- Choose your desired programme from multiple choices available
- You will be redirected to the registration window
- Fill your name, email ID, mobile number, state, city, and course correctly
- Enter the captcha and tick the declaration box
- Now, click on ‘Register’
Click here to start your SRMJEEE Registration 2020.
Steps To Fill SRMJEEE Application Form 2020
Once the registration process is completed successfully, candidates can move to the application form submission for SRMJEE 2020. The steps described below will help candidates submit the form successfully.
1st Step: Verify your account using the verification link sent on your registered email ID
2nd Step: Login using your email ID and password on the official website of SRM University
3rd Step: Fill details such as personal, educational details, specialization and course preference, test center details, communication address, etc. in the specified boxes
4th Step: Pay the application fee through your preferred mode of payment.
5th Step: Upload all the scanned images i.e. photograph and signature in the specified size
6th Step: Submit the application form. Make sure to keep a printout of the application form submission acknowledgement for reference.
SRMJEEE Application Form – Details Required
As a candidate starts to fill the SRMJEEE application form 2020, he/she will be required to fill in details at every step. These details are distributed as per various steps in the application form such as personal details, qualification details, registration details etc. Listed below are the details that must be filled correctly in the specified boxes of SRMJEEE application form 2020.
|Nationality||Have you studied in India?|
|Specialization and campus preferences||Test city preferences 1, 2, and 3|
|Middle name||Last name|
|Mobile number||Email ID|
|Date of birth||Gender|
|Alternate email ID||Social status|
|Blood group||Are you differently-abled?|
Guardian Details and address for communication
|Name of father||Father’s mobile number|
|Father’s email ID||Name of mother|
|Mother’s mobile number||Mother’s email ID|
|12th appearing or passed out||Name (as per class 10th certificate)|
|Class 10 school name, board, marking scheme, obtained percentage or CGPA, year of passing, roll number or registration number.||Class 12 school name, board, marking scheme, obtained percentage or CGPA, year of passing, roll number or registration number. (Compulsory only if you’ve already passed 12th)|
SRMJEEE Application Form – Fee Details
Paying the fee amount in order to submit the SRMJEEE application form 2020 is mandatory. The fee details and modes of payment are given below.
- Fee for National Applications: Rs.1100/–
- Fee for International Applicants: USD 50
The fee amount stated above can be paid by candidate using either online mode or offline mode as per preference.
- Online mode: A candidate can pay online using credit card, debit card, UPI, net banking or payment wallets.
- Offline mode: A candidate can pay through a demand draft drawn in favor of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
SRMJEEE Application Form – Correction
Candidates have the provision to correct details in the SRMJEEE application form once submitted. The application form correction window opens for a limited time period during which applicants can login using their ID and password to correct details in the application form.
Also, it must be kept in mind that all the application forms with incorrect information will be rejected by the university. Therefore, a candidate must fill authentic and correct information in the same. Also, they should make sure to correct it through the form correction window of SRMJEEE application form.
SRMJEEE Application Form – Offline Submission Method
As earlier discussed, the university has abandoned the offline submission process for SRMJEEE application form for this year due to unavoidable circumstances. But we are providing a brief about the offline process here to educate the applicants about the same also.
Click here to get the list of designated post offices for SRMJEEE Application Form counter sale.
Steps to fill the SRMJEEE Application Form offline:
- Visit your nearest designated post office and buy SRMJEEE application form in OMR form by paying Rs. 1100 in cash
- Fill all the asked details in the application form
- Enlist 3 exam centre preferences in the specified boxes
- Affix your recent color passport size photograph and provide signature in given boxes
- Sign the declaration about time and place
- Signature of your parents/ guardians are also needed in the declaration by student section
- Send your duly filled OMR application form at below address:
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University),
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur,
Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu – 603203.
SRMJEEE Application Form – FAQs
Q. Can a candidate apply for SRMJEEE through offline mode too?
Yes, a candidate can apply for the SRMJEE through offline mode also. However, the university had to stop the offline SRMJEEE application form process in the wake of nationwide lockdown.
Q. What is the fee amount to be paid by an international candidate to submit the SRMJEEE application form 2020?
An application fee amount of USD 50 is to be paid by the international candidates applying for SRMJEE 2020.
Q. Can a candidate edit any mistake after submission of the SRMJEEE application form 2020?
Yes, there will be a time limit for which the form correction window will be available for candidates in order to edit any mistake made by them in the SRMJEEE application form 2020.
Q. What are the required specifications of the documents to be uploaded?
The dimensions of the photograph and signature should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and 3.5 cm x 1.5 respectively. The file size of the images should be between 10 Kb – 200 Kb.
Q. Is there any relaxation in SRMJEEE application fee for reserved categories?
No. The fee will remain the same i.e. Rs. 1100 all the Indian individuals, irrespective of their category.
Q. Can I change my SRMJEEE exam centre preferences later after form submission?
Yes, you can change your exam centre preference during the SRMJEEE slot booking process. But it is strictly subject to the availability of the centre which you want to select as a change.
Q. Do I need to fill SRMJEEE application forms separately for all the campuses?
No. Your single application form of SRMJEEE is applicable for admission process of all the four campuses of SRM University.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to catch the latest updates and news on SRMJEEE 2020.