GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) has released the exam pattern of NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) 2020 on its official website. As per the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2020, the question paper will be segregated in three sections:
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
Apart from this, information on the exam pattern includes the number of questions asked in each section, the mode of exam and marking scheme. NMAT by GMAC 2020 exam is likely to be held from the first week of October in computer-based mode at various designated exam centres. For more information about the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2020, scroll through this article.
Table of Contents
- NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Key Highlights
- NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – FAQs
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Key Highlights
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based|
|Duration of exam||Two Hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of sections||Three|
|Number of questions||120|
|Maximum marks for each question||One mark|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Section-wise Pattern
|Sections||Number of questions||Marks allotted for correct answers||Marks allotted for incorrect answers||Maximum marks|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Section-wise Time
|Sections||Time allotted to each section|
|Language Skills||22 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||60 Minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||38 Minutes|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Marking Scheme
- As per NMAT by GMAC 2020 exam pattern, there will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Every correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- For unattempted answers, no marks will be deducted.
Read More :- NMAT by GMAC Syllabus – Section-wise Topics, Preparation Tips
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Types of Questions
Language Skills – In this section, candidates will be tested on their understanding of English language and grammar. Candidates must have decent knowledge of basic grammatical concepts to fare good marks in the Language Skills section of GMAC by NMAC.
Quantitative Aptitude – The questions in this section will be based on Mathematical concepts. The Quantitative Aptitude section might be tricky, and hence, requires clarity of basic concepts in topics like calculation skills and accuracy. Candidates are suggested to practise regularly to score good marks in this section.
Logical Reasoning – This section accesses the decision making skills and critical thinking of examinees. The Logical Reasoning section will majorly have questions about abstract, diagrammatic reasoning, and also shape sequences.
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Points to Remember
- As per the exam conducting body, NMAT by GMAC 2020 will be conducted in the English language.
- The NMAT by GMAC question paper will have objective-type questions. Candidates have to choose the correct answer from the given four options below each question.
- The exam will be conducted in online or computer-based mode.
- The level and nature of the questions will be similar to other renowned management entrance tests (CAT, XAT, MAT).
- To get an in-depth and practical idea about NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2020, candidates are advised to solve NMAT by GMAC sample papers or previous years’ question papers.
- The entrance exam will be conducted in a 75-day long window. Candidates can appear for the test thrice including two retake attempts. If a candidate fails to show up/appear for the exam after scheduling it, it will be counted as an attempt.
- NMAT by GMAC will be held for two hours and there will be a sectional division of time. Also, no extra time will be allotted to any candidate.
- If the candidate attempts all the questions of a particular section before the time limit expires, he/she can move to the next section. However, extra time will not be carried forward to the next section.
- Candidates will have the provision to choose and attempt the three sections of NMAT by GMAC in whatever order they like.
- Candidates can schedule the date, venue and time of the test as per their convenience after registering successfully for NMAT by GMAC.
How to Prepare for NMAT by GMAC?
The NMAT by GMAC preparation tips provided below will help the candidates in drawing a clear cut plan to score well in the exam. These tricks, if followed, can help the candidates sail through this competitive exam with ease.
- Be thorough through the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern and syllabus to understand the structure and formation of the question paper.
- Make a clear-cut timetable and ensure that you religiously follow the same.
- Also, analyse and list down your strong and weak topics respectively. Then, adjust your study timetable accordingly with more time allotment to improve on your weak areas.
- Get hold of the recommended books for NMAT preparation. These books help you learn better tricks to solve problems.
- Practice NMAT by GMAC sample papers and previous year’s question papers while keeping a time limit.
- Take online mock tests to brush up your speed and accuracy.
- Prepare short notes to make revision easier.
- Don’t take up any new topics a few days before the GMAT by NMAT exam as it might create confusion.
- Take proper sleep, stay hydrated and eat healthy.
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – Syllabus
Along with the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern, candidates must also know the syllabus before starting their preparation for the exam. The syllabus of NMAT by GMAC includes topics as well as sub-topics under three different sections i.e. logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and language skills.
|Language Skills||Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern – FAQs
✔️ How many questions are there in the NMAT by GMAC question paper 2020?
As per the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2020, there will be a total of 120 multiple-choice questions in the entrance exam. Each of the sections will have a different number of questions. In Language Skills, there will be 32 questions, in Quantitative Aptitude, a total of 48 questions and in the Logical Reasoning section, 40 questions.
✔️ Is there negative marking in NMAT by GMAC?
No. There will not be any negative marking in NMAT by GMAC. This will encourage the candidates to attempt as many questions as they can without any fear of mark deduction.
✔️ How many times can I appear for NMAT by GMAC?
You can appear for NMAT for a maximum of three times within the 75-day long window. You can schedule the ‘retake’ exam within a timeframe of 15 days after your previous attempt.
✔️ What skills are required to appear in NMAT by GMAC computer-based test?
Candidates just need to know the basics of computer functioning. They only have to mark their responses to the questions displayed on the screen. Proper instructions will be given by the examiner before the test starts.
✔️ How much time do I get during NMAT by GMAC entrance test?
You will have to finish the entire NMAT by GMAC paper within two hours. Also, each of the three sections will be allotted a certain time limit and you need to finish the paper within the section-wise allotted time. For Logical Reasoning, you will be given 38 minutes, to solve Quantitative Aptitude sections, you will get 60 minutes and for Language Skills, you will get 22 minutes.