GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) will conduct NMAT 2020 (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) for admission of candidates in MBA programmes at 37 participating colleges. Candidates preparing for the entrance test must go through the NMAT by GMAC syllabus 2020 to synchronize their preparation plan with the right topics. The NMAT by GMAC 2020 syllabus outlines the topics from Language Skills, Quantitative Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
With the help of NMAT by GMAC syllabus 2020, candidates can get an idea about the sections, sub-topics, and marking scheme in the exam. To get thorough information about the syllabus of NMAT by GMAC, go through the article below.
All the aspiring candidates will take the NMAT by GMAC from the first week of October 2020 in computer-based mode. The question paper of NMAT by GMAC will have three sections and candidates have to complete the paper within two hours. Get comprehensive information about section-wise topics of NMAT by GMAC 2020 syllabus with the help of details furnished below.
Questions in the language skills section of NMAT by GMAC paper will be based on the grammar fundamentals and will test the candidates’ understanding of English Language. Check out the list of subtopics within this section below:
|2||Use of Antonyms and Synonyms|
|3||Fill in the blanks|
|4||Corrections of grammatical errors|
|5||Usage of Parts of speech, Tenses, Conditional|
|7||Phrases and Clauses|
|11||Syntax of Vocabulary Usages|
|12||Sentence Correction and usage|
|Name of the books||Authors|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|The Official Guide for NMAT by GMAC Review 2020||GMAC|
|High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Wren and Martin|
In the Quantitative Skills section, calculation skills and accuracy of the candidates are tested. The topics will be based on mathematical questions. Some of the sub-topics are provided below:
|2||Permutations and Combinations|
|5||Mixture and Solution|
|11||Profit and Loss|
|14||Time and Work|
|19||2D and 3D Geometry|
|Name of the books||Author|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning For CAT and Other Management Entrance Tests||Peeyush Bhardwaj|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|MBA-NMAT by GMAC Narsee Monjee||Team of experts|
In this section, the reasoning and analytical skills of the candidates will be assessed.
|6||Course of Action|
|12||Coding and Decoding|
|Name of books||Authors|
|MBA (XAT, IIFT, NMAT by GMAC, SNAP, CMAT)||Gautam Puri|
|The Official Guide for NMAT by GMAC Review 2016||GMAC|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S Agrawal|
Along with the syllabus of NMAT by GMAC 2020, candidates must also go through the exam pattern in order to understand the structure of the question paper. The questions will be objective-type and the question paper will be segregated in three sections. Check out the exam pattern of NMAT by GMAC below.
Paper Pattern of NMAT by GMAC
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based|
|Duration of exam||2 Hours|
|Sectional time||Language Skills – 22 minutes |
Quantitative Ability – 60 minutes
Logical Reasoning – 38 minutes
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of sections|| |
|Number of questions||Language Skills – 32 |
Quantitative Ability – 48
Logical Reasoning – 40
|Maximum marks for each question||One mark|
Candidates who are preparing for NMAT by GMAC 2020 for the first time must devote a few months to understand the nuances of the exam and inch closer towards success. The preparation tips of NMAT by GMAC offer a clear understanding to aspiring candidates on how to qualify the entrance exam with an improved study schedule. Check vital preparation tips for NMAT by GMAC below:
1. Understanding NMAT by GMAC syllabus and exam pattern – The first and foremost tip for candidates is to gain a know-how of NMAT by GMAC exam pattern and syllabus. After understanding the exam pattern and syllabus of NMAT by GMAC, candidates can prioritize the core topics and subjects for their preparation.
2. Preparation of study plan for NMAT – Candidates who wish to crack the entrance exam should prepare a day-wise study plan and then ensure to follow the same religiously. A proper study plan plays a vital role in the strategic planning of how to prepare for NMAT by GMAC.
3. Getting the required study materials/books – Candidates must acquire the best books and authentic study material.
4. Solving question papers and sample papers – For aspiring candidates, it is important to practise as many sample papers as they can and accordingly figure out their weak areas to work on. By solving the question papers and sample papers of NMAT by GMAC, candidates can also improve their question-solving time and accuracy.
5. Make short notes – Making short notes must be a regular practice as it plays a vital role during revision. Making notes on all the important topics will help candidates during revision as they do not need to go through the entire syllabus again.
6. Revision – After completion of the NMAT by GMAC syllabus, candidates are advised to keep at least one month reserved for revision only.
7. Stay fit and hydrated – Do not take stress and be confident while going for the exam. Also, take eight hours of sleep and avoid eating junk food as it may cause lethargy.
There will be three sections in the NMAT by GMAC question paper - Language Skills, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning. These three sections will test candidates’ knowledge about English language fundamentals, decision-making skills, and mathematical ability.
There is a slight difference between the syllabus of NMAT and other MBA entrance exams in terms of total number of sections, marking scheme, time duration, and the number of questions.
There will be a total of 48 questions in the quantitative skills sections. The questions will be asked from the topics like Mixture and Solution, Allegation, Trigonometry and Probability.
Yes, a candidate can review the sections within the allotted time for each section in the NMAT by GMAC question paper. The ‘Review Screen’ at the end of every section will allow them to either move directly to unanswered questions or the answers flagged for review. But once the candidates move ahead from one section to the next, they will not be able to return to the previous section/s. Therefore, the candidate should complete (answering and reviewing) each of the three sections in the respective allotted time limits.
The pattern of the entrance test will not change. The question paper of NMAT by GMAC will have multiple-choice questions segregated in three sections - Quantitative Ability, Language Skills and Logical Reasoning.
25th January 2021 is anticipated to be a big day for medical and dental aspirants.…
UP Board Class 12 Exam 2021: The practical exams for UP Board Class 12 students…
KVPY syllabus-The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a prestigious national level fellowship program started…
AFCAT cut off is the minimum marks or rank that an aspirant must secure to…
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is in charge of releasing the AFCAT syllabus along with…
UPMSP (Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad) has declared the Class 10 and 12 practical exam…